You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 166167168169170 182>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

oof that would be a little underwhelming. I suppose this is the reality of his situation but honestly even a league of the standard of Sweden, Greece or Belgium would be preferable 

The Turkish league is head of the Swedish and Greek league.

A lot of money thrown around in the Turkish league. Whether the cheques will clear...

I remember Robbie Keane being linked with a move to Besiktas before heading to LA. Roy Keane being linked with the Kasimpasa job. Conor Hourihane being linked to teams there. Anthony Stokes actually going there at a similar age to Brady.

Turkey and Greece are some of the usual destinations Irish players are linked to outside of the usual ones in English speaking countries.
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Robbie reported today to be signing for Gaziantep in Turkey. I hadn't heard of them before but apparently they play in the top tier over there.

I'll give it until christmas. 

Ya i would class this in the same dont go to Cyrpus Jack type scenario. 
I love beer gardens
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 5:57pm
The money needs to be right for a player but it's desperate times when the best option available to a player like Robbie requires a Google search to see what they're about.

Agree with others that I can't see this being a good move for him but interest is going to be minimal with his injury record.

I've no doubt that he would be a premier league player but for his injuries so I take no pleasure seeing him struggle like this.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 6:45pm
Well, at least he'd only be an hour or so away from Georgia for the inevitable future fixtures LOL

bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

The money needs to be right for a player but it's desperate times when the best option available to a player like Robbie requires a Google search to see what they're about.

Agree with others that I can't see this being a good move for him but interest is going to be minimal with his injury record.

I've no doubt that he would be a premier league player but for his injuries so I take no pleasure seeing him struggle like this.

In all fairness, Brady is the most overrated player we’ve had for about 20 years. He was good in the Euros in 2016 for about 60 mins over the four games. He’s been shît since and fair enough his injury a couple of years ago has probably affected him but let’s be honest he was sh*t before that as well. Strikes me as having a terrible attitude and if I remember correctly that was his downfall at Man Utd and not his ability.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 8:10pm
I never got a bad attitude from him. He just  never really progressed or maximised his potential. Of course injuries didnt help but even so.
I love beer gardens
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I never got a bad attitude from him. He just  never really progressed or maximised his potential. Of course injuries didnt help but even so.

I would have always  had question marks over his fitness. 

He doesn't look like a lad with a strict diet plan.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 11:22pm
Had to look up Gaziantep, never heard of them.

Handy spot for a weekend break in Aleppo anyway.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 9:44am
gaziantep? I have to laugh, it's literally just up the road from a warzone. Brady has fallen far more than I had initially feared if that is the sort of club that is in for him. 

Said it weeks ago and will say it again. The likes of Brady, McCarthy and Hendrick are all done at international level. Clubs don't want them because they are either injured, not good enough, or a combination of both. This team needs a rebuild around younger players who will be our future, not tired old pros who are injured and often don't want to be here.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

gaziantep? I have to laugh, it's literally just up the road from a warzone. Brady has fallen far more than I had initially feared if that is the sort of club that is in for him. 

Said it weeks ago and will say it again. The likes of Brady, McCarthy and Hendrick are all done at international level. Clubs don't want them because they are either injured, not good enough, or a combination of both. This team needs a rebuild around younger players who will be our future, not tired old pros who are injured and often don't want to be here.

Yeah, he's not in the squad.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Sadly agree.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 4:05pm
Good luck Robbie
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Good luck Robbie

Cheers
Danger here, OH NO
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 5:13pm
Translation from an article I read on a Turkish site.

"Gaziantep Football Club, which continues its transfer studies and tries to eliminate the deficiencies in the team, continues to meet with Irish National team player Robbie Brady. It has been learned that the talks with the Irish player are positive and an agreement can be reached at any time. Gaziantep Football Club, which continues its contacts with 29-year-old Robbie Brady, who plays for the Irish National team, wants to end this transfer."

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 10:29pm
Noticed Robbie training with the squad in the Aviva this evening.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 11:04pm
I think he should focus on getting his club career in order. In the short-term, say the next 6 odd months, he shouldn't be on our radar. There's no way he'll even realistically be an option by November. And we'll likely be out of the qualification running by that time anyway. So, yeah, don't really see the point of it when he has more pressing concerns at hand. But no harm I suppose. I guess it puts paid to the rumours of him entertaining a move to Turkey though.
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 12:03am
Look it's probably just the case that Brady is training with the squad in order to get fitter, which I think Hotlips and Bandwagon consider it to be, and if so then it's a good thing he is accepted to train with them. It shows all the squad members and the staff that you won't be discarded when you're not in the immediate plans.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Look it's probably just the case that Brady is training with the squad in order to get fitter, which I think Hotlips and Bandwagon consider it to be, and if so then it's a good thing he is accepted to train with them. It shows all the squad members and the staff that you won't be discarded when you're not in the immediate plans.

Thats it. Hes just training. Kenny has been in close contact with him over the summer, he organized it that Damien Doyle (kennys fitness coach) was doing one on one sessions with him daily in the AUL to keep his fitness up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 166167168169170 182>
  Share Topic