You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 182>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:36pm
Will have to take an enormous wage reduction if he expects any half decent team to take a chance on him, chaps made of glass and hasn't put in a good performance in 5 years.

He'll probably go the way Alan Judge, knock about the lower end of the Championship for a season or 2 before drifting down to League One and Two.
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Will have to take an enormous wage reduction if he expects any half decent team to take a chance on him, chaps made of glass and hasn't put in a good performance in 5 years.

He'll probably go the way Alan Judge, knock about the lower end of the Championship for a season or 2 before drifting down to League One and Two.

I think that's harsh. He had a few good performances for Burnley, and they were planning to give him an extension, but his recurring injury problems over the last several seasons, and his inability to remain fit, put the kibosh on that.

He's too much of a health risk, but if he could stay fit, there's enough to suggest that he's a commodity that would be valued at the lower end of the PL and the higher end of the Championship.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 1:01am

"Interest from European suitors and beyond have been registered too, though the prospect of uprooting his wife Kerrie and their children, Halle (7) and Louis (2), forms part of the criteria."

What year is it, 1937? Do they not have schools in countries outside the UK and Ireland and America and Australia?

Getting to the point where Irish players should just cut out the middle man and make their wives their agents and business advisors.

Is he going to sign for Dag & Red as opposed to a team in France, Germany, Portugal, Turkey or Holland if no presentable offer arises in the Championship or Premier League?

You'd swear it's a lifetime commitment he'd be making and something that thousands of other grown adults from hundreds of other countries don't do as part of his privileged profession.

Don't worry, Robbie. I'm sure they have pints and vodka and kebabs in places outside the UK as well. Ermm

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 30 Jul 2021 at 1:07am
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 7:13am
That reads like he's holding out for a Premier League move. Seems unlikely but then again it's maybe not beyond possibility that someone like Watford or Newcastle might see him as a free hit on a 1 or 2 year deal, or even some kind of pay as you play type contract.

Newcastle signing Hendrick shows that EPL clubs with more money than sense can do mad things at this time of year.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

"Interest from European suitors and beyond have been registered too, though the prospect of uprooting his wife Kerrie and their children, Halle (7) and Louis (2), forms part of the criteria."

What year is it, 1937? Do they not have schools in countries outside the UK and Ireland and America and Australia?

Getting to the point where Irish players should just cut out the middle man and make their wives their agents and business advisors.

Is he going to sign for Dag & Red as opposed to a team in France, Germany, Portugal, Turkey or Holland if no presentable offer arises in the Championship or Premier League?

You'd swear it's a lifetime commitment he'd be making and something that thousands of other grown adults from hundreds of other countries don't do as part of his privileged profession.

Don't worry, Robbie. I'm sure they have pints and vodka and kebabs in places outside the UK as well. Ermm

Why would you care if he doesn’t want to uproot his family or not. He is perfectly entitled to do what he thinks is best for him and his family. Lots of people move abroad as you say but they don’t have people criticising them for going or not going.  It has zero impact on you if he signs for Leeds or Lille. 
AKA pedantic kunt
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Why would you care if he doesn’t want to uproot his family or not. He is perfectly entitled to do what he thinks is best for him and his family. Lots of people move abroad as you say but they don’t have people criticising them for going or not going.  It has zero impact on you if he signs for Leeds or Lille. 

Why do you care if Hotlips has an opinion on what Robbie decides to do? It has zero impact on you.
Chips don't bounce
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 8:13am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Why do you care if Hotlips has an opinion on what Robbie decides to do? It has zero impact on you.

Why do you care if I reply to hotlips.  It has zero impact on you. 

Bizarre that hot lips goes on a rant about the personal choice of Brady and his family based on an innocuous quote in the article.  

Edited by Baldrick - 30 Jul 2021 at 8:14am
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 11:25am
I was told that Robbie is not in the UK at the moment .

I will leave it at that .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

He’s in Dublin working on his fitness, it’s all over social media 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 11:42am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

LOL

Poor aul Murph trying come across as in the know 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 30 Jul 2021 at 11:44am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

That reads like he's holding out for a Premier League move. Seems unlikely but then again it's maybe not beyond possibility that someone like Watford or Newcastle might see him as a free hit on a 1 or 2 year deal, or even some kind of pay as you play type contract.

Newcastle signing Hendrick shows that EPL clubs with more money than sense can do mad things at this time of year.
Worked very well for Hendrick it has to be said, he got a 4 year contract that Newcastle probably regretted offering before the ink even dried.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

LOL

Poor aul Murph trying come across as in the know 

Ahhhh again didn't know that but was told to say nothing .

Hey sorry behind the times EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 12:20pm

He wouldn’t even have to move his family over. Just move further afield himself for 3/4 years. Internet makes this manageable  and when your that rich paying to fly them in and out 4 months of the year is not a big deal. 

Looked to me like he implied he was holding out for a PL move ahead of that. Will he get one who knows. 

Harry Wilson is another great example actually signed for Fulham when Benfica were banging his door down trying to recruit him as Fulham offered more money. Astonishing when that is now the case a Championship club can offer more cash then a club with the CV/tradition of Benfica. 

Edited by kevin100 - 30 Jul 2021 at 12:20pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 12:30pm
I really hope he can put the injuries behind him now. Hes such a good player for us.

I thought maybe he could move to left back and not put the pressures of midfield on his body.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

He wouldn’t even have to move his family over. Just move further afield himself for 3/4 years. Internet makes this manageable  and when your that rich paying to fly them in and out 4 months of the year is not a big deal. 

Looked to me like he implied he was holding out for a PL move ahead of that. Will he get one who knows. 

Harry Wilson is another great example actually signed for Fulham when Benfica were banging his door down trying to recruit him as Fulham offered more money. Astonishing when that is now the case a Championship club can offer more cash then a club with the CV/tradition of Benfica. 

In fairness though, it doesnt work that way, when you have a family. You end up looking for options which suit your family best, and relocating in the UK, with a full family, at the age of 30 may just be more appealing. I think most of us would like to see him playing at Galatasary, or Locamotiv Moscow as opposed to Cardiff, but he will have other priorities at this stage. This was to my point over on the Parrott thread that young lads should look for years abroad early in play, and it either becomes cultural to them, or the grow on the back of it. But that's early in play.

Wilson, well, if the Benfica thing is actually real, id be surprised at a willingness to play Championship (albeit in London)over somewhere like Lisbon and Benfica.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 1:29pm
All the lads living at home with their Mammies giving off because a player doesn’t want to relocate to another Country away from his family! Classic.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

All the lads living at home with their Mammies giving off because a player doesn’t want to relocate to another Country away from his family! Classic.

I have spent half of my adult life away from home in a foreign country. Be sarcastic all you want. Reality is the PL has become global now and the only way we counteract that is if our players as a collective become globally themselves. Restricting yourself to English football is just very self defeating for us long term. 

Byrnes good stint in Holland and Cyprus now,Cullen,Dan Crowley in Holland also had a good stint before moving back to England and it going South. Johansson,Noss,Garcia McNulty,Mcgloughlin,Rose etc. Hopefully it becomes a more regular occurrence and a player like Brady I think a continental League would really suit him.  
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 2:22pm

You're talking about someone who went over to England as a 16 y.o.

And when that didn't work out, instead of taking the easy option and returning home to Ireland, like many a young lad, he went on loan to Hulll whilst still only 19 y.o. and made it work there.

That and the fact he's coped with bad luck with injuries hardly suggests a "flaky" player to me.

As for his present situation, he's now 29, meaning that this next contract is his last 'big' one i.e. it has to be right, or it could screw the rest of his time in the game.

As for "European interest", you don't know what level, or how the terms compare with what he might get in England. But we do know one thing: there are as many sharks operating in continental waters as there are in the UK.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 182>
  Share Topic