Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 147148149150151 182>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:10pm
I fear we’ve already seen the best of him 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

According to a United forum, Will Keane is a great prospect, obviously we got stuck with the sh*ttier centre half Michael LOL
From the first page of this! mmmLOL

That makes for grim reading, we definitely got the dud. 

Brady always had a touch of class but that knee injury really set him back just as he was starting to finally deliver at Burnley. At 28, you would have to feel next season is crucial in his stop start career. 

Has his career really been that "stop start" though? I mean prior to the last injury I'd have characterised his career as one of steady progression. The last 18 months have been the first time he's really stalled in terms of improvement, so I'm not sure I'd be quite so down on him.
We're decent enough..
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 11:40am
Play him as a left winger and as a left winger only. He is not a left full, left wing back or a No.10. Do that & hopefully he can get back to his best. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 11:48am
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Play him as a left winger and as a left winger only. He is not a left full, left wing back or a No.10. Do that & hopefully he can get back to his best. 
Amen 
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by Bham_McDermott Bham_McDermott wrote:

Just a scroll through on social media replies and surprised how displeased a lot of the Burnley followers are with this for a one year deal

Why should they be pleased?

Just thought a one year deal to keep around the squad, apart from maybe a signing on fee it's a very low risk deal, not going to be a starter anyway you would think. They seem very keen to tie Hendrick down
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 12:15pm

Just a scroll through on social media replies and surprised how displeased a lot of the Burnley followers are with this for a one year deal

Just thought a one year deal to keep around the squad, apart from maybe a signing on fee it's a very low risk deal, not going to be a starter anyway you would think. They seem very keen to tie Hendrick down
 Cant understand it myself but there seems to be some kind of a love in with Hendrick at Burnley . People say we play better with him in the side but still i dont see it as you could go 60 minutes then he would get his first touch of the ball Wacko .
Look i only see him on the box and those who are at the game seem to think he does a lot of work off the ball .
 Give me Robbie any day of the week ........
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Cant understand it myself but there seems to be some kind of a love in with Hendrick at Burnley . People say we play better with him in the side but still i dont see it as you could go 60 minutes then he would get his first touch of the ball Wacko .
Look i only see him on the box and those who are at the game seem to think he does a lot of work off the ball .
 Give me Robbie any day of the week ........
I would put an inanimate carbon rod ahead of him in the squad he goes missing that much in games. For quite a talented player he just doesn't want to know. Doesn't look for the ball doesn't try to make anything happen. Really frustrating as he showed he really could in 2016
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 1:38pm
Hendrick has been poor for ireland, my only defence of him would be that the awful style of play ireland have implemented is not going to do him any favours in his position. 

Constantly watching the ball fly over your head when the team only have 35 - 40% of the possession is a little difficult. 

He plays better football at Burnley and is a consistent first team player at that level.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 1:45pm
Part of the reason the ball constantly flies over his head is that he never looks for it. When any Irish defender or midfielder has the ball, he is facing the opposition goal.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 2:04pm
Hendrick has had to adapt to what managers have asked of him. At Burnley, he has played mainly on the right side of a pressing midfield in a team that likes to get the ball to the front men early. For Ireland, even more of the work he has had to do has been off the ball because of the lump it from the back and hope for the best style of our national team., where he usually plays central midfield. He is a big, strong and athletic midfielder who is a better footballer than he often looks in such teams, and can play anywhere across the midfield. Kenny may change his role, who knows. Brady is also versatile and Alex Ferguson once predicted a future for him at left back. Hopefully he is over the injury now as Kenny is extremely keen to get him back in for Ireland. Next season will be a big one for him and he should play a lot more, especially if Dwight McNeil is sold to a bigger team.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Part of the reason the ball constantly flies over his head is that he never looks for it. When any Irish defender or midfielder has the ball, he is facing the opposition goal.

Exactly. So frustrating watching him saunter about with absolutely no urgency to get the ball and make something happen. He does the same thing as Glen Whelan but not as effectively as he isn't as good defensively. It's like he is scared of having the ball with a bit of time and space. Pity as he does have the ability
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 3:22pm
not seen it mentioned here yet- if it is the club exercising his 12 month option, surely it could possibly be because they want to ensure they can get a fee instead of him leaving on a free?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Hendrick has had to adapt to what managers have asked of him. At Burnley, he has played mainly on the right side of a pressing midfield in a team that likes to get the ball to the front men early. For Ireland, even more of the work he has had to do has been off the ball because of the lump it from the back and hope for the best style of our national team., where he usually plays central midfield. He is a big, strong and athletic midfielder who is a better footballer than he often looks in such teams, and can play anywhere across the midfield. Kenny may change his role, who knows. Brady is also versatile and Alex Ferguson once predicted a future for him at left back. Hopefully he is over the injury now as Kenny is extremely keen to get him back in for Ireland. Next season will be a big one for him and he should play a lot more, especially if Dwight McNeil is sold to a bigger team.

Good points GC , don't think McNeil will be sold next season , i do think Robbie will be cover for him again you have to have a squad of two players at least for every position .
Robbie will get his chance at some stage and the very big point i will make is that Dyche is a massive fan and that is the main thing here . 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Good points GC , don't think McNeil will be sold next season , i do think Robbie will be cover for him again you have to have a squad of two players at least for every position .
Robbie will get his chance at some stage and the very big point i will make is that Dyche is a massive fan and that is the main thing here . 

Whatever role he plays, whatever manager he's serving, whatever jersey he's wearing - Hendrick needs to have more impact. He and Brady should be at their prime, delivering on the considerable promise they displayed earlier in their careers. They're not doing that for whatever reason. Good luck to Kenny with it.  

Have to agree with you there 
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 10:02am
Four years since his header against Italy in Lille
Danger here, OH NO
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 10:06am
The pinnacle of his career
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 12:11pm
Best moment following Ireland four years ago today. Hopefully a few more like it to come in the years ahead.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

The pinnacle of his career
I don't know, that play off goal against Bosnia was the best I've never seen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 147148149150151 182>
  Share Topic