Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 146147148149150 182>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 1:38pm
Seems to be getting no slack at all with Burnley, he's in that awkward position where he has no credit built up with Dyche so unless he plays really well he gets substituted or dropped.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 3:29pm
No. He needs to drop down the divisions. He has gone to the dogs ability wise and his attitude stinks. Every game with him it's the same. No effort off the ball whatsoever, poor on the ball. He is not a good player anymore. Lads on here come on and blame Dyche - the blame is with Robbie.

"Did Brady actually start? Has he touched the ball yet? Everything coming down that right hand side as though he's not there."
"Please don't let Brady come out second half. Shame we can only have 3 subs."
"This is not a blip , and with the upcoming games I think it could turn toxic,if dyche persisting with poor player selection like Brady ,who I wouldn't give him a job as a ball boy"
"Brady is terrible"
"his time must be up here, he is very, very poor. Offers zero and looks lost."
"Brady is finished as far as the PL is concerned and sadly has never recovered a level of form following his serious injury(s)"
"Brady lost the ball for the first, offered nothing going forward"

That's their fans, just in the last two hours. And it's completely justified, because I've watched a lot of Burnley this season and he has stood out, head and shoulders above the rest as being absolutely terrible. You could excuse his on the ball efforts if he showed any interest in working hard, but he never tracks back. His workrate is disgraceful for a professional footballer.

Shouldn't be anywhere near our senior team.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 3:47pm
Remember reading at the time of his injury that it was actually worse than the ACL (Patella tendon I think)and the recovery from it was rarely successful. I just think he’s finished and don’t think he’s got the grit to give himself a chance. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 4:01pm
Burnley have given him time and opportunity, which is all they really can do, the rest is up to robbie and what his body allows him to do.

He should be in his prime at 28 but his performances look painful to watch.

I really can't see him finding anywhere near the form of 5 years ago.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 5:01pm
Drop down the divisions, to what, L1? LOL You can't "lose ability", you can however lose form and sharpness. I suspect the fact he hasn't been given a run of games, and when he has played its been on the right of midfield, isn't helping him regain those things...
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 5:18pm
Technically, he's still probably our best player, no doubt his form has gone to the dogs since his injury, maybe a fresh start will help regain his form.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 6:19pm
You can absolutely lose ability. If you used to be able to run 100 metres in 11 seconds and now it takes you 12 because of long term injury damage, you've lost ability. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 6:24pm
Yes, and that's why I said form. He can regain his form.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Technically, he's still probably our best player, no doubt his form has gone to the dogs since his injury, maybe a fresh start will help regain his form.

As far as Irish players who've pulled on a jersey at senior level, Jack Byrne is technically our best player. Yeah, he plays for Rovers and there isn't a hope in hell of Mick playing him in a competitive match, but technical ability is technical ability.  

Brady's days are numbered unfortunately. It's up there with waiting for the great player in James McCarthy to be suddenly unleashed. 

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 1:33pm
He has agreed to stay another year at Burnley now.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 1:54pm
So happy Robbie has signed on for another year , just hope he gets back to his best for us and the Clarets . Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 4:27pm
Thought so, the club had a one year option on him. They don't have one on Jeff Hendrick but indications are that he will be staying on too.

Edited by Green Cockade - 21 May 2020 at 4:27pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 4:38pm
Still one of our best technical players, I really hope I'm proved wrong but I cant see him getting back to his best. He was very good in 2016 and is a very handy versatile player but injury has plagued his career.

As I said, i really hope I'm proved completely wrong, I'd happily take that error on the chin.

Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 5:55pm
Just a scroll through on social media replies and surprised how displeased a lot of the Burnley followers are with this for a one year deal
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Bham_McDermott Bham_McDermott wrote:

Just a scroll through on social media replies and surprised how displeased a lot of the Burnley followers are with this for a one year deal

Why should they be pleased?
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Thought so, the club had a one year option on him. They don't have one on Jeff Hendrick but indications are that he will be staying on too.

Is Jeff going to stay?
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

According to a United forum, Will Keane is a great prospect, obviously we got stuck with the sh*ttier centre half Michael LOL
From the first page of this! mmmLOL
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

According to a United forum, Will Keane is a great prospect, obviously we got stuck with the sh*ttier centre half Michael LOL
From the first page of this! mmmLOL

That makes for grim reading, we definitely got the dud. 

Brady always had a touch of class but that knee injury really set him back just as he was starting to finally deliver at Burnley. At 28, you would have to feel next season is crucial in his stop start career. 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 146147148149150 182>
  Share Topic