You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147148 182>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 5:57pm
So where do we play him PM?
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 5:58pm
Left wing or left side of midfield. The fact that he keeps getting picked in other positions is mental.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 6:04pm
This is my gripe. We accommodate certain lads (McClean, Brady etc when fit) but don't play our best or most in form players. I just don't know if Brady us up to it. He's 27, he's good enough to play 38 games in the PL but I just don't know if we will ever see that and that frustrates me.

Whenever he plays for Ireland he doesn't look interested in the slightest (I totally understand that he may out of position) but it's playing for your country. Loads of lads play out of position for their countries, the main thing is you're playing. 100% effort should be the minimum. Which is why JMcClean has got away with a lot because the average fan can see he f**king cares. Now that ship has sailed, should count himself lucky to be squads these days. 

Just want a manager to pick the majority of the 11 on form and then the rest on how they compliment the rest. Some lads could never play club football again and they would still get caps.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 6:09pm
Brady is a different type of player to McClean though. He is unlikely to get the crowd on their feet with a tackle. It is nonsense to suggest he doesn’t care because he doesn’t charge about like a lunatic! I’m not sure what level he is capable of now, but the only way we can get the best we out of him is if he is played in roles that he is comfortable playing in.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 6:22pm
Not asking him to charge about, not for one second. Duffy doesn't do that but it is as clear as day he cares. Just my opinion on it. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 6:28pm
Brady more than anything needs a run of games where he's performing. I cant remember when hes played 3 games in a row. 

Same with james mccarthy, both players are good players but if you cant play 90 mins for 6 or 7 games then you cant be serious contenders for an ireland place. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Not asking him to charge about, not for one second. Duffy doesn't do that but it is as clear as day he cares. Just my opinion on it. 

How do you come to the conclusion if a player cares or not?

Let me answer that for you from my own perspective - they turn up.

You see we have numerous players who couldn't be f**king arsed turning up like McCarthy, Artur and others like Liam Kelly, Westwood too not to mention Grealish and Rice - in fairness to McCarthy he has struggled with injuries the last 3 years.

Edited by horsebox - 28 Oct 2019 at 8:53pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

How do you come to the conclusion if a player cares or not?

Let me answer that for you from my own perspective - they turn up.

You see we have numerous players who couldn't be f**king arsed turning up like McCarthy, Artur and others like Liam Kelly, Westwood too not to mention Grealish and Rice - in fairness to McCarthy he has struggled with injuries the last 3 years.

Ya i wouldnt put mccarthy in the same bracket as those others. Hes been unlucky.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 10:03pm
Mick Hunt View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

https://www.independent.ie/s/soccer/international-soccer/mick-mccarthy-to-bring-robbie-brady-back-in-from-the-cold-for-crunch-denmark-clash-38639720.%20 - https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/mick-mccarthy-to-bring-robbie-brady-back-in-from-the-cold-for-crunch-denmark-clash-38639720.html

Sounds like he'll be in the squad
And rightly so we will need all our experienced players fit for selection
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 12:19am
Hopefully Mcclean won't get into the 23 man squad. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 2:29am
Originally posted by Mick Hunt Mick Hunt wrote:

Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

https://www.independent.ie/s/soccer/international-soccer/mick-mccarthy-to-bring-robbie-brady-back-in-from-the-cold-for-crunch-denmark-clash-38639720.%20 - https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/mick-mccarthy-to-bring-robbie-brady-back-in-from-the-cold-for-crunch-denmark-clash-38639720.html

Sounds like he'll be in the squad
And rightly so we will need all our experienced players fit for selection

Experience worked out well in the last 2 games Thumbs Up

Stop trotting out the same clichéd retoric. We need players who can fookin affect games not another 90 minutes of... experience. 

Edited by Banjaxed - 29 Oct 2019 at 2:30am
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Andrew00 Andrew00 wrote:

Hopefully Mcclean won't get into the 23 man squad. 

Probably a better chance of someone falling out of a plane and landing on you
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 12:29pm
It important he is brought.

I take the points that have been made in the thread about his positioning. I understood the desire to see him purposes as a Number 10, or on alternative wings, as he had an excellent 2015-2016 with Norwich, and a good remainder to the 2016 Qualifiers and Euro 2016. But over time, we’ve realised he has best positions and that’s out on the left.

I’d hope that McCarthy, Clark and Brady all get called up for Denmark.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

It important he is brought.

I take the points that have been made in the thread about his positioning. I understood the desire to see him purposes as a Number 10, or on alternative wings, as he had an excellent 2015-2016 with Norwich, and a good remainder to the 2016 Qualifiers and Euro 2016. But over time, we’ve realised he has best positions and that’s out on the left.

I’d hope that McCarthy, Clark and Brady all get called up for Denmark.
It would give us a real chance.
I’m sure that they are only eligible for Ireland.

Edited by pre Madonna - 29 Oct 2019 at 2:56pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Don’t worry about it. McClean will start at LM next game.

While sharing the bench at woeful Stoke with Hogan.

Depressing, but 100% correct. Brady might have a chance of playing on the right though, where he has never done well for us, because, well, sure, that's just the way these things are. 

And sure enough, here we are; 

The first line of that report says Mick sees him as the perfect fit for our right of midfield. The main thing is we don't play him in his best position, and under no circumstances drop the most out of form player on the team in order to accommodate Brady in his best position. That'll work. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 7:59pm

Depressing, but 100% correct. Brady might have a chance of playing on the right though, where he has never done well for us, because, well, sure, that's just the way these things are. 

The first line of that report says Mick sees him as the perfect fit for our right of midfield. The main thing is we don't play him in his best position, and under no circumstances drop the most out of form player on the team in order to accommodate Brady in his best position. That'll work. 

Still don't think Robbie is fit enough for 90 minutes , like to see him play for an hour when we play NZ then just maybe the last 20 minutes against the Danes if things are not going well . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Still don't think Robbie is fit enough for 90 minutes , like to see him play for an hour when we play NZ then just maybe the last 20 minutes against the Danes when things are not going well . 
Fixed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147148 182>
  Share Topic