You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Weather

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 173>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

We're grand in Ireland, warmer summers but not to hot, mild winters. Lots of wind for renewable energy targets. 

Apart from being ripped off left, right and centre, it's a grand place to be.
It's a bit of a sh*thole if we're being honest. Google a random picture of any Scottish, Welsh or English town and then do same with a similar sized Irish town. Where would you rather go based on the pictures? Rundown, sh*te architecture, bleak. And with the price of everything you'd swear you're living in Camelot.
Definitely the Irish town. Towns in UK are very bleak spots
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 12:35pm

We're grand in Ireland, warmer summers but not to hot, mild winters. Lots of wind for renewable energy targets. 

It's a bit of a sh*thole if we're being honest. Google a random picture of any Scottish, Welsh or English town and then do same with a similar sized Irish town. Where would you rather go based on the pictures? Rundown, sh*te architecture, bleak. And with the price of everything you'd swear you're living in Camelot.

Absolute nonsense LOL There are plenty of bleak spots in England and Scotland anyway, I don't know Wales as well outside of Cardiff (which I wouldn't say I prefer to any similar sized Irish spot).

We've bleak towns and nice towns, just like there. National pastime of sh*tting on our own country. It's expensive and could be a lot better but it's not the sh*thole many love to say it is. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 1:28pm
There is an obvious political motivation to the “Ireland is a Kip” mantra.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 1:39pm
LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 1:51pm
What a weirdo LOL
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 2:08pm
I've just been charged €2.50 for making this post
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

What a weirdo LOL

What does you being weird have to do with the weather?
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Definitely the Irish town. Towns in UK are very bleak spots

Places like Rochdale, Grimsby, Slough, Hartlepool and Bridgend are outliers IMO and you have to allow for England being way bigger than Ireland; of course it's going to have sh*tholes like everywhere else. Generally the towns and cities have far better architecture, masonry, public squares etc. There's a lot of consistency in the way streets are designed, unlike here [looks out my window]. Nice here is a decently presented row of normal looking buildings painted in quirky colours. 

Have always been impressed by the architecture of Scottish towns and cities in particular, I must say.

Cleanliness is generally on another level also.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I've just been charged €2.50 for making this post

Still on the dial up?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 2:17am
Serious spill of rain ongoing the last hour or so in the shmoke.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Serious spill of rain ongoing the last hour or so in the shmoke.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 10:20pm
Hurricane smashing Florida at the minute.

Do enjoy putting on the weather channel or CNN and get the dramatic reporting during these big storm events
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 1:40am
This you Trandy? Tongue

It would damage this forums' reputation
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 1:53pm
Plenty of thunder lightning and flooding in D9. Been a while since a good thunderstorm 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Plenty of thunder lightning and flooding in D9. Been a while since a good thunderstorm 

Same here in Leopardstown with the thunder and flooding. Got soaked on the way to work this morning. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Yeh was just collecting the kids from school on Griffith Avenue. Last weekends wind knocked down all the leaves and blocked the drains, today's rain has turned them to mush, and can't escape due to block drains.

Gonna be a rough rush hour today
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 3:14pm
Wind Turbine struck by lightning off the Arklow coast and is on fire 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 8:57am
Some weather out these days.

Shorts and tshirt Sunday morning. Mowed the 2 lawns on Monday too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 173>
  Share Topic