You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Weather

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 173>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

we long for the good days when its raining but we simply are not built for this heat. let call it as it is were just pasty white people who belong under the mist and rain. in saying that when its raining next week we will be longing for the sun again. can't win either way.

I don't. Give me the rain any day over this, it's absolutely horrible out there at the moment. Walked out the front door of my apartment building today at lunch time to find two guards standing beside an older fella who was sitting on the ground. He'd passed out with the heat and they were waiting for an ambulance. I don't know how they stick it in Spain and places where it's warmer again and it's constant all summer long.    

They've acclimatized. 

They haven't though
I work with 2 lads from Seville and Greece and both love it here because of the cooler climate. They would have lived in extreme temperatures.

One of the lads moved back to Seville and it was 46 last week and he was struggling. He gets up at 5am to get a decent cycle in to avoid the hot temperatures too.

There's always exceptions to the rule and 46 is uncomfortable for any man.

By and large, they are in much better shape for their climates. I could tell you the amount of times ive been laughed at by those from med countries when i say what we experience now is hot.

Sure go to Madrid and youll see lads in full tins of fruit as you bake in your shorts and not a bother on them. Doesnt mean they prefer it. 

I remember the shuttle bus from Train station to Ground in Lille during the Euros, majority of Irish supporters were dripping with sweat , the Italians nowt wrong with them
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:49pm
Don't think I've ever been in a hot a place as the trams out to the stadium in Bordeaux for the Belgium game. People having to take jerseys off and dry them on the ground.

It's hot, and it's been a few years since I've experienced it as hot here, but we're lucky that we don't get a lot of humidity. Without that, we really don't know what it's like in the likes of Spain or the Middle East.

When it's roasting, the breeze we get is tremendous Clap
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Don't think I've ever been in a hot a place as the trams out to the stadium in Bordeaux for the Belgium game. People having to take jerseys off and dry them on the ground.

It's hot, and it's been a few years since I've experienced it as hot here, but we're lucky that we don't get a lot of humidity. Without that, we really don't know what it's like in the likes of Spain or the Middle East.

I think we get more humidity than Spain and the ME. 29 here feels a lot hotter than 29 in Spain. But ye the breeze makes a big difference.

Edited by jamo1 - 22 Jul 2021 at 2:42pm
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

I think we get more humidity than Spain and the ME. 29 here feels a lot hotter than 29 in Spain. But ye the breeze makes a big difference.

I agree on this. Lowest I've experienced in Dubai has been 16 degrees around January time and it's genuinely cold in the mornings. 16 degrees would be shorts and t-shirt weather here.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 3:40pm
Pants are f**king stuck to me at work. Bring on the long winter evenings I say
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:18pm

Yeah was so hot that day, lack of cover made it worse I think.

Hottest (weather) experience I remember was Mexico game in 94 stadium was like an oven and still to this day I wonder whose great idea it was to have metal seats LOL
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Pants are f**king stuck to me at work. Bring on the long winter evenings I say

I'm in shorts in the office at the minute, only way to survive the heat!! any kind of formal wear or "dress for the day ahead" went out the window with covid.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:47pm
Last night was the 1st night I got something that resembles a decent sleep - got a solid 6 hours.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 5:06pm
Found last night a struggle myself, of all the night. Could feel the sweat on me rubbing onto the sheets.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 7:02pm

It was cxxtish on those alright Dead
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 12:08am
Now this is just ridiculous the humidity.  I know how Monica feels tonight 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 12:20am
f**king 20 degrees at midnight. All the heat from the last 3 days trapped in the house. It's absolute torture 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 12:24am
TMI.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 23 Jul 2021 at 12:25am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 10:10am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Yeah was so hot that day, lack of cover made it worse I think.

Hottest (weather) experience I remember was Mexico game in 94 stadium was like an oven and still to this day I wonder whose great idea it was to have metal seats LOL
I was in the outback in Oz and the temps were 44c , i found it hard walking to be honest .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 10:31am
Was in the desert in New Mexico a couple of years back & it was mid forties, it’s a different kind of heat though, no humidity makes a huge difference 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 10:44am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Was in the desert in New Mexico a couple of years back & it was mid forties, it’s a different kind of heat though, no humidity makes a huge difference 

Yeah as the old saying goes "It's not so much the heat, it's the humidity that'll kill you."
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 11:20am

The stadium in Lille with the roof closed was ridiculously hot. Yet still didn't hold a candle to the Mexico game in 94 which was actually criminal scheduling. And no water bottles allowed on pitch, absolute madness.

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 11:23am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Yeah as the old saying goes "It's not so much the heat, it's the humidity that'll kill you."

Best line from Cool Runnings Clap
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 173>
  Share Topic