You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Weather

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 154155156157158 173>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I love the warm weather. Beers out the back garden in the evening. Very nice.

This.

Might be the Maltese blood in me (my grandad was half Maltese, which is where my Afro comes from), but I’d sit out in this weather 24/7

I thought of the breed of dog first. 

Pleanty on the corona thread probably thought the same 😳
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 4:44pm
Some amount of mahogany knots on show today. My days...
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

we long for the good days when its raining but we simply are not built for this heat. let call it as it is were just pasty white people who belong under the mist and rain. in saying that when its raining next week we will be longing for the sun again. can't win either way.

I don't. Give me the rain any day over this, it's absolutely horrible out there at the moment. Walked out the front door of my apartment building today at lunch time to find two guards standing beside an older fella who was sitting on the ground. He'd passed out with the heat and they were waiting for an ambulance. I don't know how they stick it in Spain and places where it's warmer again and it's constant all summer long.    

Well good days as in not raining. dosent have to be this warm. personally myself i prefer the cool crisp frosty mornings type weather than the summer heat. days like these are like the snow in winter. nice to look at but you cant do much in it.

Speak for yourself I love glorious sunny days like these. The heat doesn't bother me in the slightest 
It would damage this forums' reputation
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 5:58pm

we long for the good days when its raining but we simply are not built for this heat. let call it as it is were just pasty white people who belong under the mist and rain. in saying that when its raining next week we will be longing for the sun again. can't win either way.

I don't. Give me the rain any day over this, it's absolutely horrible out there at the moment. Walked out the front door of my apartment building today at lunch time to find two guards standing beside an older fella who was sitting on the ground. He'd passed out with the heat and they were waiting for an ambulance. I don't know how they stick it in Spain and places where it's warmer again and it's constant all summer long.    

They've acclimatized. 

Yup same way we can stand the pissing rain for the rest of the year LOL

I remember working with someone who said he hated cold and wet weather, he lasted a couple of months before heading back home LOL

Edited by lassassinblanc - 20 Jul 2021 at 6:00pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 8:34pm

They've acclimatized. 

They haven't though
I work with 2 lads from Seville and Greece and both love it here because of the cooler climate. They would have lived in extreme temperatures.

One of the lads moved back to Seville and it was 46 last week and he was struggling. He gets up at 5am to get a decent cycle in to avoid the hot temperatures too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 8:58pm
Just love this heat and sunshine Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

They've acclimatized. 

They haven't though
I work with 2 lads from Seville and Greece and both love it here because of the cooler climate. They would have lived in extreme temperatures.

One of the lads moved back to Seville and it was 46 last week and he was struggling. He gets up at 5am to get a decent cycle in to avoid the hot temperatures too.

There's always exceptions to the rule and 46 is uncomfortable for any man.

By and large, they are in much better shape for their climates. I could tell you the amount of times ive been laughed at by those from med countries when i say what we experience now is hot.

Sure go to Madrid and youll see lads in full tins of fruit as you bake in your shorts and not a bother on them. Doesnt mean they prefer it. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I love the warm weather. Beers out the back garden in the evening. Very nice.
This.

Might be the Maltese blood in me (my grandad was half Maltese, which is where my Afro comes from), but I’d sit out in this weather 24/7
Afro means it comes from Africa.

Maybe the Moors conquered Malta and .......
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 6:48pm
Hot out again today.

So many starfishes on show, I feel like I'm in the ocean.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Hot out again today.

You have a real thing for arseh*les in hot weather don't ye
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Hot out again today.

Surely do.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Hot out again today.

He should head to Cork so as there is loads of them there. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:08am
We aren't built for this type of heat in the evenings. 

Longing for a November's night with it 7 degrees outside
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

My idea of hell. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

My idea of hell. 

I read this as Longford.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:13pm

My idea of hell. 

I read this as Longford.
 Now not sure about everyone else but i am sleeping better as the days go on with the temps , I kind of think my body is getting used to it maybe .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:15pm
I wouldn't be the best with the sun, but would go in it for a stroll around , but wouldn't be able to lie out in it. Was in Thurles on Saturda for the Wexford game. Sitting out on that was tough, as I was in the first row. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

My idea of hell. 

I read this as Longford.
 Now not sure about everyone else but i am sleeping better as the days go on with the temps , I kind of think my body is getting used to it maybe .

Same for me the last two nights. Nowhere near as bad Sun or Mon night particularly 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 154155156157158 173>
  Share Topic