You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst City You've Ever Visited

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst City You've Ever Visited
    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Wollongong in Australia. Sterile, lifeless place.....like the town in the Truman Show

LOL
My Uncle has lived there for 40 years. It wasn't a place I ever expected to be in here
It would damage this forums' reputation
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 6:31pm
Me too (will accept a can in the post).
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Don't know how anyone can say Munich is a sh*thole or the worst city they've been to tbh. 

Only been there once and it looked a nice spot. 

Lived there for a summer years back and have been back countless times since. Anyone thinking Munich is a kip of a city either didn't leave the Hauptbahnhof central train station or has never actually visited an actual kip. Fantastic city. 

Good man D69. Hoping we get to the final and will buy you a bier. Beer

I'm prepared to offer a positive review of Munich in exchange for beer 
El Puto Amo
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Don't know how anyone can say Munich is a sh*thole or the worst city they've been to tbh. 

But how can you question it if you've only been there once? LOL

Of course I can question it having been to the place. 

It just seems ludicrous to call a city like that a sh*thole or the worst they've been to. The architecture and the old town was nice and there was a fantastic relaxed atmosphere when we were there. I genuinely can't see how anyone could call it a sh*thole. They must not have been to many places if they consider Munich a dive. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 4:18pm
Munich Clap
Think it's a great city - Would advise anybody to go to the Fest at least once!
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 3:52pm

Lived there for a summer years back and have been back countless times since. Anyone thinking Munich is a kip of a city either didn't leave the Hauptbahnhof central train station or has never actually visited an actual kip. Fantastic city. 

Good man D69. Hoping we get to the final and will buy you a bier. Beer
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Not cities but the following are kips

Blackpool
Daytona Beach
Fuengirola

On a side note I have always found Portugal to be quite a boring place
calling you out on Fuengirola. Lovely place. One of my favourites 

Wouldn't be a fan at all of the Costa Del Sol.

Other horrible places:

A lot of UK cities

Manchester
Glasgow
Cardiff

Not for me.  Wales especially is grim.  Remember being over there for a holiday in 1997 and we toured a whole host of towns over there.   The very worst place I found was a town called Machynlleth.  A depressing soulless place.  Everything closed at 5,30pm. And this was in July! Everything bar the local hotel. Deserted.

Was in Rhyl for a European game with Bohs a good few years back. Grim doesn't even begin to describe it. 

Can't agree with you on Manchester, found it a vibrant city with a fantastic music scene both times I've been there. Have had some great times in Glasgow and Cardiff as well and both cities have their charms. 

Yeah jasus forgot about Rhyl....soulless place...but I’m gonna give it the benefit of the doubt because most pubs and places were closed for that game because Derry fans had run amuck in wales the previous week in a European tie.agree with you about Manchester....great city.

I am sure that Hollyhead was voted the worse town in the UK quite a few times , now like most of a certain age is that i have passed through there many times but never stopped .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 2:04pm
Derby. Grim kip.
Danger here, OH NO
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 12:54pm

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 5:21am
Foz do Iguacu. The Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls. Felt very unsafe there. Hearing gun fire around the corner from your hotel throughout the night probably didn't help. 

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 11:21pm

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Not cities but the following are kips

Blackpool
Daytona Beach
Fuengirola

On a side note I have always found Portugal to be quite a boring place
calling you out on Fuengirola. Lovely place. One of my favourites 

Wouldn't be a fan at all of the Costa Del Sol.

Other horrible places:

A lot of UK cities

Manchester
Glasgow
Cardiff

Not for me.  Wales especially is grim.  Remember being over there for a holiday in 1997 and we toured a whole host of towns over there.   The very worst place I found was a town called Machynlleth.  A depressing soulless place.  Everything closed at 5,30pm. And this was in July! Everything bar the local hotel. Deserted.

Was in Rhyl for a European game with Bohs a good few years back. Grim doesn't even begin to describe it. 

Can't agree with you on Manchester, found it a vibrant city with a fantastic music scene both times I've been there. Have had some great times in Glasgow and Cardiff as well and both cities have their charms. 

Yeah jasus forgot about Rhyl....soulless place...but I’m gonna give it the benefit of the doubt because most pubs and places were closed for that game because Derry fans had run amuck in wales the previous week in a European tie.agree with you about Manchester....great city.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 10:13pm

But how can you question it if you've only been there once? LOL
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 9:13pm
Least fav be probably Paris and Glasgow, Gelsenkirchen was a kip but was a great result in the end so think that should be taken into account for an away trip as a whole. Cardiff has plenty of homeless people everywhere very sad to see terrible bar staff and Scum Bouncers but for the convenience and cheap trip I don't think many would realistically not travel if regular away travellers. Aarhus and Geneva can go down as boring places I've visited. Having said that everyone is different can't stand Holiday Snobbery I've a mate who regularly questions why my folks in there 60s go to Lanzarote atleast twice a year in the off season weather can be nice up to 11 months of the year not many places 4 hours away that can offer that. 

Edited by irelandfan - 03 Oct 2021 at 9:14pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 5:44pm
Dublin
Whacha gonna do
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 5:39pm

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 5:36pm
Sunderland where the locals look like mutants and craptown where the locals are mutants.

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 5:03pm
I saw an earlier shout for Munich. I'd tend to agree. 
Dresden not a great one either but for different reasons than Munich. Everyone packs up and goes home at 8pm in Dresden. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Boston is somewhere that hasn’t grown on me in terms of nightlife and not somewhere I’m a big fan of with early closing times and it’s not cheap but then again London has earlier closing times - during the week anyway. Stockholm is somewhere I’d have no ambitions to return to.
Lived there for 6 months and never really grew on me either

Boston is a brilliant town but you might be judging it by the city centre which isn't great. Out in harvard, Cambridge, lansdown St and other areas outside the city is were the action is. As American cities its one of the nicest and easiest to get around
We lived out by Cleveland Circle, around Boston College. It was a grand city, but wouldn't have any rush to get back. If I was living there again I'd have bought a car. Thought I could survive without one using public transport, but pretty quickly realised that to get the most from it you needed a car to get to the beaches in the summer, and the ski in with winter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>
  Share Topic