You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst City You've Ever Visited

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 26>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
el2nz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el2nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 5:49am
Not a city, but was in Fort William in Scotland for a stag at the weekend. Kip of a place. Highlights included a girl nutting a guy in the only nightclub in town (which played awful trance all night) and one of the pubs we went into said that it was the best in the town as it had both Sky and Pool, which none of the others could say.

I agree that LA is a kip, but the worst I can remember being in is El Paso on the American/Mexican border. Very seedy and bleak.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 3:15am
Originally posted by Lemo Lemo wrote:

Can't believe no-one has said L.A!! Shocked Major let down for so many reasons.
Absolutely filthy. Didn't feel safe. And that Hollywood Walk of Fame thing with the gold stars on the ground is BRUTAL. Will not be going back.

And Blackpool is a dump, don't ever go there. It was such a sh*thole we left early and drove to Liverpool instead. Horrible, horrible place.

ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked AngryAngryAngryAngry
Lemo View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 8:50pm
Can't believe no-one has said L.A!! Shocked Major let down for so many reasons.
Absolutely filthy. Didn't feel safe. And that Hollywood Walk of Fame thing with the gold stars on the ground is BRUTAL. Will not be going back.

And Blackpool is a dump, don't ever go there. It was such a sh*thole we left early and drove to Liverpool instead. Horrible, horrible place.
TAFKAS View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAFKAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by MintBerryCrunch MintBerryCrunch wrote:

Originally posted by colemany2k colemany2k wrote:

It's not a city but Doncaster is the biggest hole of a place I've been to. I've never seen such poverty and the number of boarded up houses was shocking!

Glasgow has some bad areas particularly the east end but the west end is very plush and the area around Glasgow Uni and Kelvingrove is beautiful
Flew out of Doncaster a couple of times its like that town in The hills have eyes LOL

Thought you were saying Doncaster was like the town from 'The Hills'LOL

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 4:18pm
Bradford is a sh*thole.

Lorient is a sh*thole.

Alicante is a sh*thole.

Sunderland is a sh*thole.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 12:21pm
Naranka
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 12:10pm
naples
GWAN YBIG
MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by colemany2k colemany2k wrote:

It's not a city but Doncaster is the biggest hole of a place I've been to. I've never seen such poverty and the number of boarded up houses was shocking!

Glasgow has some bad areas particularly the east end but the west end is very plush and the area around Glasgow Uni and Kelvingrove is beautiful
Flew out of Doncaster a couple of times its like that town in The hills have eyes LOL
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:47am

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
greenarmy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:04am
Moscow - Horrible dull f**king place
Lodger View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:49am
Agree that Glasgow is a fairly grim place but for me Tetouan in Morocco was the worst place.  I know most countries advise visitors to beaware of pickpockets but you rarely see them, this place had groups of them on every bloody street.
MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:33am
Moscow Thumbs Down
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 9:10am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Something not quite right about Dublin and the people there... The smell Dead

Shocked
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Mafi Mushkila View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafi Mushkila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 7:57am
Colombo, I've never felt so unsafe couldn't wait to leave. 
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:56am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Mumbai .......didn't help that I got stuck there for three days during the Monsoon........horrible, filthy city, with unbelievable poverty sitting adjacent to huge wealth.....the attitude of those Indians who had money towards those that had nothing was dreadful!

Funny that Bombay was high on my list also or Mumbai yer whatever .

like any of us sitting beside you so
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Mumbai .......didn't help that I got stuck there for three days during the Monsoon........horrible, filthy city, with unbelievable poverty sitting adjacent to huge wealth.....the attitude of those Indians who had money towards those that had nothing was dreadful!

Funny that Bombay was high on my list also or Mumbai yer whatever .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
sullo-bohs View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sullo-bohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:17am
Glasgow, kip and nothing else.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:17am
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 26>
  Share Topic