You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Motor tax - off the road scam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Motor tax - off the road scam
    Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 10:26am
I presume you have all done this, get a form stamped by the Guards saying the car was off the road so you don't have to pay the back tax

Here is the question. I am out of tax since July 2010. I was stopped a few times late last year and paid the fine etc.

I have a form stamped saying it was off the road from last July til Feb this year. If I bring this form down to the tax office, is there any way their system can tell them that I was stopped while the car was supposedly off the road?
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 10:59am
Ya chancer!
You're lucky the car wasn't impounded as they now do that if the car is more than three months out of date.
I'd imagine you'll get away with it. Even if you don't, what's the worst they can do? Make you pay the back tax?

But, you're right. I've done it before. Especially after I was hit with a couple of tickets about 10 years ago and when my feck-off Volvo cost more than the insurance to tax it!

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 11:14am
Ye that's what I was thinking
Id caught, fuk it. I'll chance itThumbs%20Up
MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 11:22am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Ye that's what I was thinkingId caught, fuk it. I'll chance itThumbs%20Up

Is there points on your license, they go through the tax office
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 11:25am
No the systems in this country are not as sophisticated as you might think. They are not a connected. Sure it takes the Garda a week and a warrant from the courts to access someone social welfare details just to find out there last known address.

I'm hoping to do this myself this week. Tax out since October and was stopped last month. Just gave a spoof at the time.

Edited by houghton88 - 06 Apr 2011 at 11:26am
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
daffyp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daffyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 11:32am
I do it all the time, pay 180 quid a year on tax should be double that, they wont cop on in the tax offfice, fukcing rip off with the roads we have down the west
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 11:52am
Originally posted by MintBerryCrunch MintBerryCrunch wrote:

I didn't receive any points since it was out of tax

Just talked to a cop who said it would be no boterThumbs%20Up
Justice No. 1 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 11:58am

Originally posted by MintBerryCrunch MintBerryCrunch wrote:

I didn't receive any points since it was out of tax

Just talked to a cop who said it would be no boterThumbs%20Up
Was just gonna say why didn't you do this in first place ya absolute thick!!
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 4:12pm
Gardai in blackrock Garda station just stamped the form for me in Feb , didnt even look at it
Why no wine??!
OldBawnHoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldBawnHoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 4:22pm
Just did mine stamped no bother
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 4:30pm

I presume you have all done this, get a form stamped by the Guards saying the car was off the road so you don't have to pay the back tax

Here is the question. I am out of tax since July 2010. I was stopped a few times late last year and paid the fine etc.

I have a form stamped saying it was off the road from last July til Feb this year. If I bring this form down to the tax office, is there any way their system can tell them that I was stopped while the car was supposedly off the road?

You'll be fine, and can just tax it from February.

I used to work in the Nutgrove Motor Tax office and the system couldn't tell if you were ever stopped or not.

But for people who do 3 months tax on, then stamped off the road for the next 3 - The records are kept on the computer and there are talks of doing away with the off the road option altogether because the amount of people who take the piss out of it.

Only done it a couple of times myself, but only for a month Embarrassed
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 10:27am
Job done - piece of pissThumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic