You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caleb Folan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

like Roy Keane?

Tuff.....why drag Roy into this?????
Have some respect....this man dragged his country single handed into a World Cup.
Sponsored Links

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

like Roy Keane?

Tuff.....why drag Roy into this?????
Have some respect....this man dragged his country single handed into a World Cup.

More than one men makes a team.
EastTerracer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastTerracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 6:38pm
Lads, I think the posts above have been a bit harsh on Folan's withdrawal from the Carling Cup squad last May. Folan was called up for the squad but had been struggling with an injury for Colorado. I believe he only played a total of 90 minutes throughout the whole month of May (Colorado had six games during the month).

We've seen a lot of players miss games over the years through "slight niggles" so I think the suggestion that Folan snubbed his country is a bit over the top.

He seems to be an odd character and i do wonder about his attitude to his whole career at times but it is harsh to accuse him of "contempt for his country". I was as surprised as anyone that Trap took the time to call him last week though.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 7:18pm

like Roy Keane?

ClapWink

I thought Folan did ok for us - streets ahead of Best. If all that stuff is true about him, then let him f**k right off. Strange, though, that Trap would call him if he had shown contempt towards Trap and the squad.

Edited by Fitz - 14 May 2012 at 7:20pm
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 7:23pm

like Roy Keane?
did keano give you a wedgie or something? He was never fond of spoofers thats for sure
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 7:46pm
Folan should be well down the list of strikers IMO. In fairness to him he did put in a couple of good shifts for us but it's not as if we are struggling for options up front at the minute.
rodney trotter View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodney trotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 9:36pm
Caleb Dolan is absolute sh*te..one of the worst strikers who has ever represented us.not far behind Mickey Evans.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 9:39pm
haha mickey evans no what ever happend to him
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 9:45pm
Jon macken WORST player for Ireland ever, besides joe lapira but he was a semi pro
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Jon macken WORST player for Ireland ever, besides joe lapira but he was a semi pro

City bought him for 5mill once
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 12:28am
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Folan should be well down the list of strikers IMO. In fairness to him he did put in a couple of good shifts for us but it's not as if we are struggling for options up front at the minute.

Definitely agree with this; he was in the team kinda regularly during the WC campaign, especially big against Italy away, but he hasn't done anything at Birmingham since he joined a few months ago and he'll be off to a new club. Keane, Walters, Long, Doyle, Cox, Stokes, Best, Keogh, Mason, etc etc all ahead of him.
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 8:26am
Caleb Folan will never play for Ireland again. He is absolute sh*te anyway.
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 2:22pm
Should never got a cap anyway not anywhere near good enough but i suppose you could say that about a lot of players who won a cap for ireland.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

Caleb Folan will never play for Ireland again. He is absolute sh*te anyway.

This.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 4:16pm
lump it up to caleb
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
nedge View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 7:58am

I bet he's a better basketball player than football player.

Probably useless at 3 pointers though...
“Hopefully, when we get to Croke Park, we’ll bamboozle the opposition"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 1:21pm

Not sure how he's doing but got an assit in this game. George Boateng is the skipper of T-team. Standard looks terrible.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 1:27pm
A fella I was in college with who now lives in Malaysia put up a status on facebook last weekend saying he'd had a few beers with Caleb Folan and George Boateng and that they were sound fellas. I commented asking how Caleb was. He replied to say that Caleb was in good form and glad to be injury free. He said he spoke openly about how his playing ability has declined but that he is happy in Malaysia.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic