You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PFA Player of the Year nominees

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 6:59am
van der vaart wouldve been on that if he handt been injured, had a tenner on him at 10/1 for this

Sponsored Links

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 7:02am
nani and van der vaart should defo be on the list
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 7:09am
Bale
Goals: 7
Assists: 1
Nominated

Nani
Goals: 9
Assists: 16
Not nominated

Nasri
Goals: 9
Nominated

Berbatov
Goals: 20 (top goalscorer)
Assists: 2
Not nominated

Tevez
Goals: 19 (5 pens)
Nominated
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 7:24am
bale is not even spurs player of the year, that man is luca modric, but a few CL games do you the power of good. van der vaart has been quality at walking down the tunnel during games like a spoilt child, it is a TEAM game
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 7:25am
Wilshire+Bale both over hyped british players,nothing new there
yes Wilshire is a good player with big potential but exactly has he done this year to deserve to win this award can any one tell me?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

It just goes to show.....players haven't a foookin clue abut the game! That list is laughable!

as a self-proclaimed know all, what would your lists be?

I ain't fan of individual awards within a team game, but if you're looking for the top 6 players who performed to their best this season, I'd have picked

Edwin van der Sar
Gary Cahill
Scott Parker
Nani
Rafa van der Vaart
Carlos Tevez

Would agree with that list although Nasri would be unlucky to miss out,with Parker winning it. He hasa proved himself to be the ultimate professional this season. I think Nan's atttitude is disgraceful but his influence on results means it is crazy not to nominate him. And can someone please explain to me the hype over coco monkey? I just cannot get it at all
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 8:20am
Scott Parker for me. Has basically kept West ham within touching distance of safety on his own. Drives the whole team plays with so much passion and desire.

Nani has played well this season but no where near player of the year,

Wilshere for young player of the year
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 8:24am
Nasri and Coleman for me.

But my prediction is that Vidic and Wilshere will win.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 8:24am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Wilshire+Bale both over hyped british players,nothing new thereyes Wilshire is a good player with big potential but exactly has he done this year to deserve to win this award can any one tell me?

+1

Wilshere is decent but the english go on about him like he is gonna be the next xavi- over rated

Bale is incredibly over hyped- if you take away the 2 games against inter he hasnt done an awful lot in the league- 80 million

Edited by Vivakenbarlow - 05 Apr 2011 at 8:25am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 8:27am
Tevez and Nani for me

no outstanding candidates this year, pretty dull lot in my opinion
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 8:27am
Does the player have to be epl based as surely Taarabt has done a lot more for qpr this year than some on the list.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Wilshire+Bale both over hyped british players,nothing new thereyes Wilshire is a good player with big potential but exactly has he done this year to deserve to win this award can any one tell me?

+1

Wilshere is decent but the english go on about him like he is gonna be the next xavi- over rated

Bale is incredibly over hyped- if you take away the 2 games against inter he hasnt done an awful lot in the league- 80 million

Spot on about Bale but I would adjust it to a game and a half.Was he playing the first half in the San Siro? Though I do think Wislshere does look class they still seem to be misreading the type of player he is and keep going on that England should deploy him further forward, 'like Arsenal do'.You only see him in the opposition box for Arsenal in home games against teams who sit deep. He is a deep lying thoughtful midfielder and will have a good career. He is not the new Xavi Hernandez!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Tevez and Nani for me

no outstanding candidates this year, pretty dull lot in my opinion

Youre not far off with that assesment

Sure charlie adam couldnt get his game in centre mid for rangers ffs

Might be as a result of the world cup that the better players have failed to perform this season- sure look at fabregas- very patchy form this year
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 9:29am
Anyone got Charlie Adam's goals/ssists to hand....I'm out and about and my internet on the iPhone is very slow.  If someone can post em up here I'd appreciate it!  Cheers.
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 9:34am
think it is 9 goals and 6 assists
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 9:37am
Nani has been the best player in the league this season,wonder who will get the football writers award..
Theres only one sport that matters..
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Thanks Clonbhoy!  Super return in fairness from 28 games. 
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 9:52am

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Thanks Clonbhoy!  Super return in fairness from 28 games. 

Think I saw a stat somewhere with the amount  that have come as a result of his set pieces and it is more impressive
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic