Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PFA Player of the Year nominees

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PFA Player of the Year nominees
    Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 3:43am
Adam, Parker, Tevez, Vidic, Bale and Nasri

Young playar nominees - Hart, Coleman, Bale, Nasri, Nani and Wilshere

Sponsored Links

Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:12am
It just goes to show.....players haven't a foookin clue abut the game!

That list is laughable!
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:16am

The young players list is pretty strong this year! Wilshere, Nasri, Nani and Bale - could be any of them. Surprised Nani, and to a lesser extent Wilshere, aren't in the main category either. Would have Nani ahead of Adam surely? Guess he ain't to popular amongst his fellow pros though...

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:20am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

It just goes to show.....players haven't a foookin clue abut the game!

That list is laughable!

as a self-proclaimed know all, what would your lists be?
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:27am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

It just goes to show.....players haven't a foookin clue abut the game! That list is laughable!

as a self-proclaimed know all, what would your lists be?

I ain't fan of individual awards within a team game, but if you're looking for the top 6 players who performed to their best this season, I'd have picked

Edwin van der Sar
Gary Cahill
Scott Parker
Nani
Rafa van der Vaart
Carlos Tevez

with Nani winning it by a country mile. But I guess we'll all have opinions on this....

Thanks for askin'...

Edited by Siralex - 05 Apr 2011 at 4:27am
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:54am
i would agree that Nani should be on the shortlist, he's had a great year.

Oliver Holt in the Mirror -

Puerile, petulant and aplayactor ..why this is no super Nani

By Oliver Holt 30/03/2011

A manchester United fan asked me the other day if I would consider voting for Nani as Footballer of the Year.

Well, maybe there is a way of saying this more gently, but I'm not going to waste time searching for it.

I'd get my back waxed before I voted for Nani.

If it was a choice between him and the beachball that scored against Liverpool last season, I'd take the beachball.

If it was vote Nani or watch a box set of Ian Wright on Live From Studio Five, I'd settle down in front of the TV.

If Ashley Cole said it was either put the cross by the Portuguese or help him with target practice, I'd start running to and fro across the firing range.

You're getting my drift. Nani's not in my top five this season. He's not even in my top 20.

I don't like him. I don't like the way he plays the game. I don't like his puerility, his petulance or his play-acting. I don't like his blatant efforts to gain an unfair advantage.

I know that by some criteria he has had a fine season for United. He has scored crucial goals. He is a fine dribbler. His game has matured.

But that's not enough. Not when you behave the way he does. Not when you do what he did against Spurs this season.

Not when you try a delayed dive that could easily have got Younes Kaboul sent off. Not when you then handle the ball as you fall.

And not when you take advantage of confusion between the referee and Spurs goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes to kick the ball into an empty net.

I don't care which of the United players were urging him to do it - it is still probably the most glaring example of bad sportsmanship this season.

Nani's at it all the time. He goes down like he has been shot at the merest excuse. He waves imaginary cards at referees to try to get opponents booked.

And here's the saddest thing - despite the blackflips and the cartwheels when he scores, there is actually very little joy in his game.

He plays with a scowl. He plays with anger. He plays like everyone is against him. It has become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

When he was genuinely hurt by a shocking tackle from Jamie Carragher at Anfield earlier this month, no one believed him at first because of his history.

He had a gash in his leg that put him out for a couple of weeks but he's cried wolf so often that when he really was a victim of a bad tackle, people thought he was up to his old tricks again.

Being anti-Nani isn't an anti-United thing. Not for me, anyway. I wouldn't vote for Didier Drogba for exactly the same reasons.

And, yes, I accept that England players such as Steven Gerrard, Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney have been guilty of winning penalties with dives in the past.

Cristiano Ronaldo did his share of play-acting, too, but I came to appreciate that he was one of the bravest players in our league.

He rode plenty of bad tackles and he took way more punishment than Nani. He was also twice the player that Nani is.

It would be nice to think that Nani will change. That he will come to realise that in order to win wider respect in England, he needs to cut out some of the melodrama.

Until that happens, he's not in the reckoning for Footballer of the Year as far as I'm concerned.

My vote is going to Scott Parker for the way he has held West Ham together almost single-handedly as they fight against relegation.

Parker has been an inspiration at Upton Park, playing through injury, even playing against Spurs 10 days ago a few hours after the death of his father.

He has been a beacon of excellence in a struggling team.

He has given everything to the cause. He has done it without moaning and without agitating for a move. He exudes class off the pitch and on it.

There are plenty of others for whom you could say the same.

My top five this season are Parker, Luka Modric, Jack Wilshere, Nemanja Vidic and John Terry.

So here's a tip for Nani. When you play at Upton Park on Saturday, try to stay on your feet for a couple of minutes.

And while you're there, take a look at how Scott Parker goes about his business.

You never know, you might learn something.

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 4:59am
Adam,Vidic & Bale should be nowhere near that
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:01am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Adam,Vidic & Bale should be nowhere near that

i dont think Bale should, the other 2 i agree with being shortlisted

Has Bale done anything since November? and his best performances were in the CL anyway
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:05am

Nani on the shortlist?  Would yiz get a grip.........LOL, he has improved but nowhere near enough to get on the list.

My choices would be Tevez and Coleman to win. 

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:10am
Would be fairly comical if a player from a relegated team won player of the year
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:14am
Jaysus the senior list is shocking!

Nani should in the hunt to win the thing!
Van Der Vaart?
Berbatov is the top scorer too so should be considered compared to others.
Also, Van Der Sar as well considering Giggs won it last year because of his age and only started 12 games or something, if they applied the same rule to VDS who has played for the majority of the season at a top level.

The young player is decent and about right, apart from Hernandez's ommission.

Suppose, these nominations are done around January, that's the problem.
Don't know why it is not in the last few weeks.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:21am
Hernandez not even on the short list for young player of the year- joke- look at the amount of goals he has scored in his first season
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 5:52am
close thing between tevez and parker
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 6:03am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Hernandez not even on the short list for young player of the year- joke- look at the amount of goals he has scored in his first season

LOL

Vivakenbarlows PFA shortlist - Vidic, Van Der Sar, Nani, Berbatov, Giggs and Evra

Vivakenbarlows young player of the year shortlist - Nani, Rafael, Hernandez, Smalling, Welbeck and Fabio
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 6:11am

LOL

Vivakenbarlows PFA shortlist - Vidic, Van Der Sar, Nani, Berbatov, Giggs and Evra

Vivakenbarlows young player of the year shortlist - Nani, Rafael, Hernandez, Smalling, Welbeck and Fabio

You saying hernandez doesnt even deserve to be in contention for the young player?

Look how many important goals he has scored already!

Cant be easy settling into the epl coming from the mexican league either- absolute joke
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 6:22am

LOL

You saying hernandez doesnt even deserve to be in contention for the young player?

Look how many important goals he has scored already!

Cant be easy settling into the epl coming from the mexican league either- absolute joke

im not sure he should be in contention, the others have started a lot more games i would guess? but he has had a good debut season from the little time he has had on the field, actually i'd probably have him on the shortlist ahead of Bale, take out the two Inter CL games and Bale wouldn't be getting mentioned

im just laughing as you continue to be unbelievably blinkered towards United in 90% of your posts on here

Poor United, theyre even being victimised in the end of season awards now

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 05 Apr 2011 at 6:24am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 6:36am
Bale has 7 league goals and 1 assist

People are completely blinkered by the hat trick he scored in a game they lost in the san siro!

Nani has 9 league goals and 13 assists- the most assists in the league this year!
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 6:55am
Parker and Wilshere
Out of order
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic