FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ronney banned for two games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:46am
The next game after the City Semi is Newcastle away so worst case scenario is they'll add that game onto the ban if he appeals.I think he should appeal.
Theres only one sport that matters..
Sponsored Links

seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Simple media campaign (fully started and supported by Sky Sports) to get him banned to make the end of season more interesting for TV ratings.

Don't get me wrong, Rooney was completely stupid and has a typical limited brain for a modern English footballer in what he did but he apologised immediately after the game, a fine should have been enough.

If United are going to win the league, they will be looking to beat Fulham easily on Saturday but he will be badly missed for the City semi-final.

Has Ferguson said anything yet? He'll uses this to get a quick them against us mentality going in the club for the next few weeks.

Nothing from the great man yet.  I'm sure he's currently in discussions with his mind to see how he can turn this to his advantage. 

I agree with you here Seanie - this was all Sky as far as I'm concerned.  They should be f**king fined for showing the incident non-stop all day!  The irony of it all!

Looking at the fixtures remaining, he's better off just taking the hit now. A home league game against Fulham and an FA Cup game is better than two league games, or more, if he appeals.

The FA Cup is the least important of the three competitions, with the league the priority and the champions league second in my book.

Fergie will use this the same way he used Irwin getting sent off at Anfield in '99.

The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Funny how there are reports elsewhere on t'interent of West Ham supporters racially abusing the family and friends of their own players, yet everyone seems more concerned that someone said f**k on a tv channel that repeated it all day.

Great point.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:40am
Funny how there are reports elsewhere on t'interent of West Ham supporters racially abusing the family and friends of their own players, yet everyone seems more concerned that someone said f**k on a tv channel that repeated it all day.
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:34am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Simple media campaign (fully started and supported by Sky Sports) to get him banned to make the end of season more interesting for TV ratings.

Don't get me wrong, Rooney was completely stupid and has a typical limited brain for a modern English footballer in what he did but he apologised immediately after the game, a fine should have been enough.

If United are going to win the league, they will be looking to beat Fulham easily on Saturday but he will be badly missed for the City semi-final.

Has Ferguson said anything yet? He'll uses this to get a quick them against us mentality going in the club for the next few weeks.

Nothing from the great man yet.  I'm sure he's currently in discussions with his mind to see how he can turn this to his advantage. 

I agree with you here Seanie - this was all Sky as far as I'm concerned.  They should be f**king fined for showing the incident non-stop all day!  The irony of it all!

Edited by Siralex - 04 Apr 2011 at 11:36am
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:33am
A 2 game ban for saying the word f**k?
That's ludicrous even by the fa s standards
When interviewed after winning the league in 2007 Rooney said f**k live on sky also why didn't they ban him then?
Why didnt they ban him from the England team for sl*gging the supporters live on tv on sa?
If I was him I would seriously consider my international future out of principle
The fa are a sham
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:31am

heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:24am
i hate the scumbags as much as anyone but this is ridiculous and I have a feeling that the elbow on mccarthy played a part in the decision

he shouldnt have done what he did but a fine would have been loads. Very unfair
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

its ludicrous when you think of it, if they ban him for cursing into a camera but let him off with nearly breaking a players jaw with an elbow, whether it was in referees report or what i dont care, its ludicrous.

Karma's a b***h!!!!

Its crazy , consider all these players are in the public eye 24/7 , getting dogs abuse every away game , the media slate them week in week over stupid things like its hard to keep cool esp when your at the business end of the season!!! That win and Rooneys passion won UTD the league saturday....
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:23am
Originally posted by MintBerryCrunch MintBerryCrunch wrote:

Still foul and abusive language thats what the charge states

i think the FA have to be seen to set a precedent after they relaunched their respect campaign last midweek and then this at the weekend from gutter boy

its still a bit harsh in my opinion
zoolander View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoolander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:21am

They set the standard now, every match you watch on tv you can see a player on manager swear, i hope they will be consistent now

not quite the same as running to a camera and swearing deliberately into it, in fairness

Exactly Baggio - thats the main point here Clap
It's a walk-off!
MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:21am
Still foul and abusive language thats what the charge states
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:20am

They set the standard now, every match you watch on tv you can see a player on manager swear, i hope they will be consistent now

not quite the same as running to a camera and swearing deliberately into it, in fairness
MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:19am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:19am
its ludicrous when you think of it, if they ban him for cursing into a camera but let him off with nearly breaking a players jaw with an elbow, whether it was in referees report or what i dont care, its ludicrous.

The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:18am

Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Can't see where it says he got a 2 game ban?He has been charged but no punishment will be dealt until he responds?

+1

theres no bans set yet is there?

if the FA do ban him i think he should quit playing for England, oh wait, he did that 2 years ago

i think he should quit International football if they uphold this ridiculous ban.Every time a microphone picks up someone swearing will that constitute a ban too?

Just saw that he will get a 2 game ban if he accepts it.
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:16am
It's an utter joke.  I kinda blame the FA for not having the balls to dismiss the over-the-top media coverage of it.  But Sky Sports showed the incident no fewer than 50 times today (maybe more)....which defeats the purpose of the whole thing.  If a kid in Britain and Ireland hadn't known Rooney used abusive language during the game, Sky Sports made sure today that everyone knew he did!  What a shambles.  The FA need to grow some balls!  Sky should be embarrassed.

That might come across as a biased view - and it may be slightly tinted with bias.  But i like to call it as I see it, and I think this ban is wholly ridiculous! A fine and a bit of service to training young kids or teaching young kids for a certain amount of hours would have made sense. Taking him out of the FA Cup semi final is crazy sh*t!
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:16am
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Can't see where it says he got a 2 game ban?He has been charged but no punishment will be dealt until he responds?
+1

theres no bans set yet is there?

if the FA do ban him i think he should quit playing for England, oh wait, he did that 2 years ago
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic