Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saturday 19th,3pm KO's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 6:14am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Stuart Holden's leg isn't broken but he has probably sustained knee ligament damage
Reckless and dangerous challenge by Evans
Two players going in honestly for the ball- no way is evans a dirty player That Balotelli lad is a dirty coont- he laughs when he gets sent off 2 reds and 9 yellows in 20 games- he is a disgrace Dropped by the italians

i know that, but what on earth has it got to do with a reckless challenge which has left stuart holden with ligament damage?

FFS even by your standards thats an embarrassing post

I was highlighting the irony of a city fan going on and on about evans being a dirty player- how many times has he been sent off?

Why the fook did mancini buy that lunatic by the way

sure every club in the history of football has had dirty players past and present, if thats the case then no-one should ever have a right to comment on bad tackles in the game.

your trying to deflect away a point about a tackle in the United v Bolton game on Saturday, to talking about Ballotelli bizzarely. Ive given my views on Ballotelli on his thread plenty of times -u want them again? - a complete waste of space who should be sold as soon as possible, a disgrace to the sport and epitomises everything thats wrong with the game, but read the title of this topic

as siralex would say.....im Embarrassed for u
Sponsored Links

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 6:23am
Take a chill pill there baggio- at least you have managed to keep roy keane out of this i suppose we all know how much of a hard on you have for him

Evans challenge wasnt the worst

Carraghers on nani was far worse only got a yellow

Maxis challenge on rafael was worse

And rafaels challenge was worse on lucas

They are just challenges off the top of my head from the last few weeks- none were red cards

That is why there is no respect for referees- there is no consistency in decisions- too many mistakes being made- they should also be made to speak to the media after games to explain decisions- sure look at luiz against united and rooney against wigan- the ref should have explained the reason why those players werent sent off to the media
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 6:26am

Take a chill pill there baggio- at least you have managed to keep roy keane out of this i suppose we all know how much of a hard on you have for him

Evans challenge wasnt the worst

Carraghers on nani was far worse only got a yellow

Maxis challenge on rafael was worse

And rafaels challenge was worse on lucas

They are just challenges off the top of my head from the last few weeks- none were red cards

That is why there is no respect for referees- there is no consistency in decisions- too many mistakes being made- they should also be made to speak to the media after games to explain decisions- sure look at luiz against united and rooney against wigan- the ref should have explained the reason why those players werent sent off to the media

likewise yourself and Nigel de Jong, bet your glad to see him back from injury!

remarkable that a simple comment about a bad tackle led to all this irrelevant sh*te

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 21 Mar 2011 at 6:28am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 6:28am

Take a chill pill there baggio- at least you have managed to keep roy keane out of this i suppose we all know how much of a hard on you have for him Evans challenge wasnt the worst Carraghers on nani was far worse only got a yellow Maxis challenge on rafael was worse And rafaels challenge was worse on lucas They are just challenges off the top of my head from the last few weeks- none were red cards That is why there is no respect for referees- there is no consistency in decisions- too many mistakes being made- they should also be made to speak to the media after games to explain decisions- sure look at luiz against united and rooney against wigan- the ref should have explained the reason why those players werent sent off to the media

I think de jong has benefited from the dutch manager dropping him and the bit of stick he got for those horrendous tackles as i have said- he is a decent player no need for the ott tackles

Do ye think mancini will get the boot in the summer?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 6:32am

Take a chill pill there baggio- at least you have managed to keep roy keane out of this i suppose we all know how much of a hard on you have for him Evans challenge wasnt the worst Carraghers on nani was far worse only got a yellow Maxis challenge on rafael was worse And rafaels challenge was worse on lucas They are just challenges off the top of my head from the last few weeks- none were red cards That is why there is no respect for referees- there is no consistency in decisions- too many mistakes being made- they should also be made to speak to the media after games to explain decisions- sure look at luiz against united and rooney against wigan- the ref should have explained the reason why those players werent sent off to the media

I think de jong has benefited from the dutch manager dropping him and the bit of stick he got for those horrendous tackles as i have said- he is a decent player no need for the ott tackles

Do ye think mancini will get the boot in the summer?

if they dont get 4th then yes, if they do then his job should be safe as that was his target. If they finish 5th but win the FA cup then i'm not sure what'll happen, Wouldn't bet on us getting 4th the way we've played in the past few months, if Tevez doesnt score City don't, and he's been off form for weeks now.

Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 6:58am
Why should a ref be made come out and explain his decisions? Does a player come out every time they make a bad pass/tackle? Does a manager come out and hold his hand up when he get his tactics wrong. No. Its an impossible job being a ref, dont know why anyone would do it.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 7:02am
Refereeing decisions are a massive part of the game and glaring mistakes must be either explained or punished- managers jobs can depend on such decisions- referees are professionals who get paid for what they do and should be held accountable for bad decisions they have made
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 7:15am

Refereeing decisions are a massive part of the game and glaring mistakes must be either explained or punished- managers jobs can depend on such decisions- referees are professionals who get paid for what they do and should be held accountable for bad decisions they have made

Thats a cliche used by sh*t managers to absolve themselves from any blame. Refs can get promoted & demoted based on their performance. Do you want a public hanging every time a ref gets a decision wrong? They report to their own bosses just like players and can get dropped just like players.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 7:18am
Certain refereeing decisions i've seen this season are hard to believe and refs should be punished for making such bad errors.

But its becoming a near impossible job now with the amount of cheating that goes on - yesterday alone i saw ridiculous dives by Gyan and Jelavic in attempts to win penalties and con the officials
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Thats a cliche used by sh*t managers to absolve themselves from any blame. Refs can get promoted & demoted based on their performance. Do you want a public hanging every time a ref gets a decision wrong? They report to their own bosses just like players and can get dropped just like players.

Look at the decision to award a penalty against sunderland- the ref gave the free kick but allowed the linesman to over rule him- the lines man was futher away from the incident than the ref ffs- i would love to hear the ref tryna explain that
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 7:20am
Holden out till September
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 7:22am

Look at the decision to award a penalty against sunderland- the ref gave the free kick but allowed the linesman to over rule him- the lines man was futher away from the incident than the ref ffs- i would love to hear the ref tryna explain that

to be honest i've watched it about 10 times and cant decide whether it was inside or outside the box (and i have no allegiance to either team)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 7:23am

to be honest i've watched it about 10 times and cant decide whether it was inside or outside the box (and i have no allegiance to either team)

How cant you decide- it was clearly outside- mensah didnt even enter the box ffs!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 7:50am

The linesman was looking across the line, so thats prob why he thought he had a better view - obviosly he was wrong. Remember sky sports had to slow it down and freeze the frame to show it was outside the box, the ref is supposed to do this at real time speed. Have a bit of sense for Gods sake, are they supposed to be infallible?
Chopra Gunner View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopra Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 6:08pm
I share barlow's sentiments. My thoughts exactly. Manager's careers could be over because of a bad decision.

Say Wigan need to score a goal to stay up on the last day of the season, Rodallega bursts through and scores which keeps them up, but the officials give it offside. Replays show he is onside. Martinez gives out about the ref, and gets fined/banned, and possibly loses his job. Wheres the justice there?

I didnt mean to offend any wigan fans reading this! :)
What are you looking at?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Chopra Gunner Chopra Gunner wrote:

I share barlow's sentiments. My thoughts exactly. Manager's careers could be over because of a bad decision.

Say Wigan need to score a goal to stay up on the last day of the season, Rodallega bursts through and scores which keeps them up, but the officials give it offside. Replays show he is onside. Martinez gives out about the ref, and gets fined/banned, and possibly loses his job. Wheres the justice there?

They had 37 games to get themselves out of trouble, it wasnt the one bad offside call that relegated them.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 5:15am

They had 37 games to get themselves out of trouble, it wasnt the one bad offside call that relegated them.

Thats a stupid statement

What about henrys DOUBLE handball?

A team like wigan will struggle in the epl no matter what- they have a very small supporter base and have fook all money to spend- football is a game of fine margins- referees should be held accountable for their decisions- simple as that
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 6:05am

Thats a stupid statement

What about henrys DOUBLE handball?

A team like wigan will struggle in the epl no matter what- they have a very small supporter base and have fook all money to spend- football is a game of fine margins- referees should be held accountable for their decisions- simple as that

Now the dust has settled its a lot easier to look at the campaign properly.

Sloppy goals conceded against Bulgaria when we were leading equated to four dropped points. Then only minutes after taking the lead against Italy we conceded in typical Irish fashion, not to mention playing most of the match in Italy against ten men. We would have won the group if we had of taken three wins from those matches which we were leading.

Also, if McShane or Given had dealt properly with that ball we would never have been in that situation.

Edited by Ireland4ever - 24 Mar 2011 at 6:05am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic