Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steve Staunton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 6:14pm
People on here slating Stan for taking the money. The same people who support English Premier League players every weekConfused
Sponsored Links

Justice No. 1 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 6:15pm
Hoskins, are you for real? He was one of the worst paid managers going who should have been fired after the second game, yet they came out and publicly backed him after that and then after the jammy San Marino 2-1 win only to fire him unprofessionally before the last game away to Wales ( after Cyprus home draw) instead of waiting till his contract ran out . The FAI f**ked up big time here in both appointing him and then not rectifying the problem early on. They had plenty of chances. He felt shafted and rightly so. Well entitled to his payout. Bigger picture jaysus
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

People on here slating Stan for taking the money. The same people who support English Premier League players every weekConfused

I dont know what relevance that point has? Theres also EPL fans praising him. I smell a bit of fishing.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Justice No. 1 Justice No. 1 wrote:

Hoskins, are you for real? He was one of the worst paid managers going who should have been fired after the second game, yet they came out and publicly backed him after that and then after the jammy San Marino 2-1 win only to fire him unprofessionally before the last game away to Wales ( after Cyprus home draw) instead of waiting till his contract ran out . The FAI f**ked up big time here in both appointing him and then not rectifying the problem early on. They had plenty of chances. He felt shafted and rightly so. Well entitled to his payout. Bigger picture jaysus
Where are you coming up with this?
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 6:26pm
What was Stan's wage like compared to Trap's introductory Salary does anyone know even roughly, I would guess 400k Stan and 1.8-2m Trap would that be right?

Stand did nothing wrong in looking for payment IMO, as I said already we would all do the same and anyone who says they wouldn't(Hoskins) is talking crap.

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

I dont know what relevance that point has? Theres also EPL fans praising him. I smell a bit of fishing.

Would you ask every United player that has a bad day to give up some of his wages?
Or when there agent makes up a transfer story to get a better deal to you want them tp cough up some of the transfer fee?

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 6:39pm

Would you ask every United player that has a bad day to give up some of his wages?
Or when there agent makes up a transfer story to get a better deal to you want them tp cough up some of the transfer fee?

Ive said this before club football is different to international, it should be a privilege to represent your country.
EastTerracer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastTerracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

What was Stan's wage like compared to Trap's introductory Salary does anyone know even roughly, I would guess 400k Stan and 1.8-2m Trap would that be right?

Stand did nothing wrong in looking for payment IMO, as I said already we would all do the same and anyone who says they wouldn't(Hoskins) is talking crap.

Yep, they are roughly the numbers that have been floated over the years. Trap was reported to be on an initial salary of 1.8m but he did take a 100k paycut last year when the FAI were cost-cutting.

Stan was on about 400k per annum. Just as a matter of information John Delaney is believed to have a salary of 430k per annum.

Edited by EastTerracer - 14 Jul 2011 at 6:45pm
boywonder View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boywonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 6:51pm
Stan the man is a legend. 102 caps and played in ALL three of Ireland's world cups, one of which he captained. Will we ever have a player to play in three world cups again?? Best of luck with the future Stan. Legend.ClapClapClap
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 6:56pm

players and managers is a totally different story. it should have been negotiated in stan's case that he be paid after 6 months and then his salary be open to negotiation subject to results after that period. 400k quid for nearly drawing with san marino and abject results against cyprus and what is now considered the worst period in irish football is shocking.
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by boywonder boywonder wrote:

Stan the man is a legend. 102 caps and played in ALL three of Ireland's world cups, one of which he captained. Will we ever have a player to play in three world cups again?? Best of luck with the future Stan. Legend.ClapClapClap

Well said, fuk the begrudgers, the book stops with Delaney and no one else on the managerial appointment, that Delaney lad is getting away with murder in the FAI, a free train and a few cans on a trip to Slovakia and everyone loves him, if it was any other organisation he would have been fired long ago.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 7:04pm
delaney is a ****, no denying that, but i don't think that people should be sympathetic towards stan because he has a 100 capss and he was a solid player. he put himself forward for the job, it his responsibility once he's appointed, he obviously impressed in the interview. i know delaney shouldn't have hired him, but stan gave him his word that he was capable of managing this team which he clearly was not.

it's like faulting management in a company for some absolute clown who is incapable in a job for hiring him. he could be the greatest con man in an interview and say all the right things. it is his responsibility then when he is given a job and management can no longer be faulted, he ticked all the right boxes in the interview.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by The Drifter The Drifter wrote:

players and managers is a totally different story. it should have been negotiated in stan's case that he be paid after 6 months and then his salary be open to negotiation subject to results after that period. 400k quid for nearly drawing with san marino and abject results against cyprus and what is now considered the worst period in irish football is shocking.

And whose fault is that?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 7:08pm

And whose fault is that?

well takes two to tango. the negotiating can't be done without stan so works both ways.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 7:09pm

Ive said this before club football is different to international, it should be a privilege to represent your country.

So a manager should give up his time for nothing for the sake of pride?
You are living in dreamland. 
It was his job and his contract was broken. 

I don't think anyone can question Stan's loyalty to Irish football and I think it is pathetic that some are because he took money that he was entitled to

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 7:10pm

delaney is a ****, no denying that, but i don't think that people should be sympathetic towards stan because he has a 100 capss and he was a solid player. he put himself forward for the job, it his responsibility once he's appointed, he obviously impressed in the interview. i know delaney shouldn't have hired him, but stan gave him his word that he was capable of managing this team which he clearly was not.

it's like faulting management in a company for some absolute clown who is incapable in a job for hiring him. he could be the greatest con man in an interview and say all the right things. it is his responsibility then when he is given a job and management can no longer be faulted, he ticked all the right boxes in the interview.

I suppose it wasn't Delaney's fault, he just met this con man who talked the talk and convinced him he was up to the job, you are dead right Drifter, can't believe Delaney was conned like that LOL

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 7:12pm

Oh jesus
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 7:13pm
I couldnt have wanted that man out of the job any more than I did when things were falling apart. I dont blame him; I will always blame the people who put him in that position. Lets not also forget that Robson was there to help him and poor aul Bobby was also starting to fall apart himself at the worst possible time for Stan.

Regardless of the disaster of a managerial role he had with us, Stan will always be one of my Irish footballing heroes. He may not have always made the right decisions, but he gave everything for the Green jersey Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
  Share Topic