You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18651866186718681869 1934>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 12:06pm
Lads my 2 brothers and Da are booked for Glasgow this weekend.I know the game is sold out etc but if anyone knows of any tickets going can you give me a shout. 

I’m based in Melbourne but would love to surprise them with tickets! 

Cheers in advance! 
“I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years, baby”
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 7:19pm

Cool 

The first team squad will play St Mirren at Parkhead on Saturday, May 20 wearing a Celtic Cross on their shirts to recognise the victims of The Great Hunger in Ireland. Also known as An Gorta Mór, the famine devastated Irish communities in the 1840s and changed the country's demographic and cultural landscape forever.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 2:58pm
Tickets were back on sale on the club website earlier today. 
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Lads my 2 brothers and Da are booked for Glasgow this weekend.I know the game is sold out etc but if anyone knows of any tickets going can you give me a shout. 

I’m based in Melbourne but would love to surprise them with tickets! 

Cheers in advance! 

Apologies about the double post - I posted my last message in response to your message above. They were definitely available earlier today.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 1:50pm

Today's team news,

CELTIC: Hart, Ralston, Starfelt, Iwata, Taylor, McGregor, Hatate, O’Riley, Jota, Kyogo, Maeda.

Subs: Bain, Haksabanovic, Abada, Turnbull, Kobayashi, Oh, Bernabei, Forrest, Summers
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 2:35pm
Looking like Kobayashi failed his first 2 real tests since coming to the club at tynecastle & ipox

Iwatas turn in there
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 5:41pm

Today had a real end of season feel about it which surprised me somewhat with it being close to a cup final.

Celtic were all over the place at the back without Cameron Carter Vickers yer man Main could have had six goals.

Still ,cometh the hour cometh the man Callum is the Bhoy.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 10:37pm
Realistically we’ll be kicked all over Europe unless we sign a minimum of 4 players who’re good enough to straight into the first team and compete. Waste of time otherwise tbh.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 6:50pm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 11:01am
1st August
James Forrest testimonial at Celtic Park v Athletico Bilbao - it's part of their 125th year anniversary too
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 11:22am
No such club.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 11:43am
Bit of a nightmare for Scot Bain last night 
And the squad players aren't doing much to help their chances the past few weeks. 
Need 3 or 4 over the summer to go straight into the team if they're to do anything in Europe next year
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

And the squad players aren't doing much to help their chances the past few weeks. 
Need 3 or 4 over the summer to go straight into the team if they're to do anything in Europe next year

I thought Bain was playing well until he was at fault for the third and fourth goals.

Can't understand why Maeda wasn't taken off as it was obvious that he was going to get sent off after his yellow card.

A worrying second half performance from Celtic they collapsed after going down to ten men, play like that in the cup final and the Bhoys could easily lose it.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 11:55am
Bernabei doesn't look good enough
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Kygo

Jota------------------------------RW

Hatate-------O'Riley

McGregor/DM

Taylor-------LCB-----Carter-Vickers---Johnston

GK

The positions in bold need to be addressed. 

I'd sign a DM/CM with some extra physical presence as well. Mainly for European games. Celtic have lots of technical midfielders. A different profile would make them more dynamic.

Hopefully Lawal can get a proper chance next season. He turns 20 next week. He needs some senior football.

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 12:11pm
Lawal has been garbage any time I've seen him for the B team

He'll make it as a footballer - not at Celtic though, maybe not even a top tier Scottish team

Maybe back in Ireland
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Lawal has been garbage any time I've seen him for the B team

He'll make it as a footballer - not at Celtic though, maybe not even a top tier Scottish team

Maybe back in Ireland

Seems harsh. I've seen him play well for Ireland teams and Celtic B.

He hasn't played enough football over the past 2 years. He really needs a full season of senior football to iron out his flaws. Celtic B games are mainly a stroll, and he hasn't even played in all of them.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 12:30pm
10 goals conceeded in 4 games since winning the league shows fringe players are mince...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18651866186718681869 1934>
  Share Topic