You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17801781178217831784 1934>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 6:15pm
I read that story about McCarthy but was dubious about it. He has come from a league where the standards are much higher and you have to be fit, or you don't play. Somebody must have an agenda to be putting out such narratives. Assuming he is over or managing previous injury problems, he is an upgrade on what Celtic have currently got and likely to be a significant asset when he beds in. I'd also expect a fit Robbie Brady to do very well there given his PL experience.
Sponsored Links

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 10:14pm
and there's the new striker Giakoumakis injured his calf in the pre match warm up

Brilliant

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 3:15pm

This is a shame I've paid many a visit to this place.

I suppose it's a sign of the times.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

This is a shame I've paid many a visit to this place.

I suppose it's a sign of the times.

This is a f**king shocking decision to be honest and just means a lot of us will be buying our celtic stuff from Jd sports as opposed to online from the club. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 9:42pm
would you not buy it in the club store outside the stadium when you go over to the matches?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

would you not buy it in the club store outside the stadium when you go over to the matches?

Is that a serious question? 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:32pm
Yes. Why wouldn’t it be? The store is (or was last time I was there) open after matches. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 6:54am
So I should have to go to Scotland in order to buy Celtic merchandise at a reasonable price? 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Reillers88 Reillers88 wrote:

So I should have to go to Scotland in order to buy Celtic merchandise at a reasonable price? 
Im not sure reasonable price is a compatible term with any football merchandise, but that’s another issue altogether. 

You could buy it in any Sports shop that stocks it, of which there are many but you seem to have an issue with that so I dont see what the problem is in suggesting you could purchase over there when you go to games. 

Celtic have obviously made a business decision on this which I assume, given their statement, equates simply to not enough people are buying stuff in the shop to justify signing another lease. I fail to see, how in that case, it is a “shocking decision”. Despite the romantic notion that fans of every club have about the team they support, be it SPFL or EPL to name two, they are businesses at the end of the day and make business decisions. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 1:06pm

Im not sure reasonable price is a compatible term with any football merchandise, but that’s another issue altogether. 

You could buy it in any Sports shop that stocks it, of which there are many but you seem to have an issue with that so I dont see what the problem is in suggesting you could purchase over there when you go to games. 

Celtic have obviously made a business decision on this which I assume, given their statement, equates simply to not enough people are buying stuff in the shop to justify signing another lease. I fail to see, how in that case, it is a “shocking decision”. Despite the romantic notion that fans of every club have about the team they support, be it SPFL or EPL to name two, they are businesses at the end of the day and make business decisions. 

You obviously arent a Celtic fan I'm taking it? If you were you'd know the only place you will be able to get Celtic merchandise here is JD sports and they only have a limited selection of clothing. The Celtic shop in Dublin had every form of merchandise that is stocked on the website. For example there's a quality framed photo of celtic players down though the years that I've been meaning to get  - it wouldn't be feasible to bring that on a flight home and postage from Glasgow would be insane. The club told the AICSC that people were buying more stuff online and that's the clubs rationale - of course they were buying online- everywhere has been closed for the last 18 months! 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 1:54pm
Today's xi at home to Dundee utd 1500ko

.............Hart
Ralston..CCV..Starfelt..Juranovic
...McCarthy..Rogic..Turnbull
.....Abada...Ajeti...Jota

Bain, Welsh, Scales, Montgomery, Bitton, Soro , Moffat

Without a shadow of doubt that is the weakest bench I have ever seen from a Celtic squad
What the feck is happening at the club?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 2:20pm

You obviously arent a Celtic fan I'm taking it? If you were you'd know the only place you will be able to get Celtic merchandise here is JD sports and they only have a limited selection of clothing. The Celtic shop in Dublin had every form of merchandise that is stocked on the website. For example there's a quality framed photo of celtic players down though the years that I've been meaning to get  - it wouldn't be feasible to bring that on a flight home and postage from Glasgow would be insane. The club told the AICSC that people were buying more stuff online and that's the clubs rationale - of course they were buying online- everywhere has been closed for the last 18 months! 
Ive been to Celtic Park numerous times and Ive also been to European matches a number times albeit years back, not sure what that has to do with my points though. 

Is the same not true for most supporters though of Scottish/English teams though? I havent exactly seen any shopping centre or street full of club shops of any club although Liverpool did have a pop up store for xmas two years ago in Blanch SC. As for stockists, I don’t know what arrangements Celtic have, but I have definitely seen merchandise in more than JD Sports, although this would have been pre Covid I grant you and restricted to clothing. 

However, Celtic clearly have made their reasoning known to supporters here, and it appears that its simply not financially viable in order to keep small numbers of a fans happy who may visit the shop once or twice a year. Online shopping also is hardly a covid related phenomenon either although its impact has likely sped up the inevitable a small bit.

Again, I fail to see how its a shocking decision once the sums add up. On the contrary, If it makes financial sense then whats the point in running a physical store at a loss? Im sure youre happy enough to leave those antics up the mathematicians on the other side of Glasgow. 

Edited by Sham157 - 26 Sep 2021 at 2:23pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 2:51pm
Just take a trip up to the Belfast store and grab a few pints while you're at it. 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 3:26pm
Oh great
Another injury

This time Juranovic, looks a calf

This club is cursed , the mayo of soccer
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 3:27pm
I posted the team lineup

Why was this post deleted?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

I posted the team lineup

Why was this post deleted?
It wasn’t. Its the last post on the previous pageConfused
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 3:50pm
Thanks
Apologies mods

All those quoted messages confused me
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 3:51pm
Not great again here Celtic, 1-1 at ht

Dundee utd should've had a red too but no chance from the sfa
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17801781178217831784 1934>
  Share Topic