Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17541755175617571758 1934>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 12:01pm
Can somebody provide an explanation for why a wing of Celtic fans feel the club was singled out over Dubai?

By my reckoning, they took an unnecessary international trip, during a time at which cases were spiking, and vaccine rollout had just begun. They returned and shortly afterwards turned up two positive cases. Any contrition was buried under a plume of doubling down, and afterwards there were constant squeals of inequality the moment any other club had their own covid issues. Did any other club have a Dubai?

This issue in the Scottish camp will be dealt with differently for very obvious reasons.
Sponsored Links

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 12:50pm
There is no "wing" of Celtic fans who take that view  
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 12:57pm
Maybe a "group"?

Either way, I have seen enough of it on social media, similar to what Tony posted up there.
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Can somebody provide an explanation for why a wing of Celtic fans feel the club was singled out over Dubai?

By my reckoning, they took an unnecessary international trip, during a time at which cases were spiking, and vaccine rollout had just begun. They returned and shortly afterwards turned up two positive cases. Any contrition was buried under a plume of doubling down, and afterwards there were constant squeals of inequality the moment any other club had their own covid issues. Did any other club have a Dubai?

This issue in the Scottish camp will be dealt with differently for very obvious reasons.

Victim FC
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 1:18pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Oh look what's this

But but but but Tony said....
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 2:12pm
I'm becoming more convinced that Tony is actually Piers Morgan.

The daily columns blaming the same individual(s) the similarities is uncanny.
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 4:46pm

Mourinho's old henchman Rui Faria now linked. I always hated the sight of him, more so than Mourinho

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 6:42pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57330350

Looks like action being taken a day + after the initial incident

Still a 'sweep sweep' job

Edited by tonyjaa - 02 Jun 2021 at 6:44pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 6:51pm
Citing The BBC, the quintessence of MSM and in the same breath calling it a 'sweep sweep' job?

That makes no sense.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 7:37pm
Oh look, the 'Covid Kid' Patterson involved again

How ironic, don't ya think?
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 6:36am
What an absolute shambles looks like Kennedy and Strachan could be in charge when the players return to training.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 8:40am
https://mobile.twitter.com/CaIMcI/status/1400216668001947649?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1400216668001947649%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Interesting thread for the Celtic fans who post on here^

Basically , Celtic will lose 'Platinum status' if Ange is appointed

The board are amateurs in the extreme, a disgrace

Edited by tonyjaa - 03 Jun 2021 at 8:41am
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 9:30am
What does Platinum Status entail Tone
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 9:42am
Scotland team that started against the Dutch last night had 9 current or former Celtic players in their line-up...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:31am
I certainly had come around to the idea of Ange becoming the boss but now with any exemption decisions going to take 'weeks' and him already having to quarantine 10 days upon arrival, then we need to move on to Plan C, D or whatever we are on now
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 1:15pm
Da f''ck is going on at this club?
I'm absolutely drained by the apathy I have towards them now  Cry

I would take the rumoured Keane/butt combo rumoured from a while back right now  Confused

Reduced to that - pathetic - probably the boards intention to lower fans expectations  Angry

Edited by CSCD - 03 Jun 2021 at 1:16pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 2:08pm
Steve Clarke in a few weeks time?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17541755175617571758 1934>
  Share Topic