Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16271628162916301631 1935>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Brown was always going to start slowly. He always says that he needs games and hasn't had a pre-season. I would be far more worried about other players.

In games against weak opposition like Kilmarnock is there really a need to play both McGregor and Borwn? Ntcham should have came on far sooner.
Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 7:11pm
Ajeti on his way to sign for Celtic following an intervention by Neil Lennon.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:48pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:00pm
SELL THIS CLOWN IMMEDIATELY

CELTIC ace Boli Bolingoli is under investigation by raging club chiefs after sneaking off on holiday to Spain in defiance of strict Covid-19 quarantine rules.

Bolingoli, 25, didn’t tell Hoops bosses he’d been to the high-risk country, failed to isolate when he returned — then played in Sunday’s game against Kilmarnock.

The defender - who has since tested negative for the virus - said: “I have made a huge mistake. I want to apologise to my Manager, my team mates, the supporters, everyone at Celtic and so many others for letting them down so badly.

“I am guilty of a major error of judgement. I know what I did was wrong and I know that I must now deal with the consequences.”

He came on as a sub in the 87th minute of Sunday’s draw away against Kilmarnock. This could have seen him potentially infecting the Killie players and staff.

After learning of the trip raging Celtic bosses hauled him in for a heated meeting at Parkhead today.

Celtic chiefs were said to be furious when they found out about Bolingoli’s blunder.

The club has now launched an internal probe.

A spokesman said: “Celtic Football Club has taken its response to Covid-19 extremely seriously and we are pleased that, to date, we have recorded no positive tests.

“Our staff have given so much in this area, working tirelessly to ensure that all players and other club personnel are safe, fully aware of their own responsibilities and familiar with all guidance and protocols.

“Safety must always be our priority.

“Clearly, a full investigation will now take place and the Club will take all appropriate action.

“Subsequent to the player’s return he has recorded two negative tests in the past week.”

It’s understood the player immediately held his hands up to the error which is also sure to have further enraged Nicola Sturgeon.

Last week she blasted eight Aberdeen stars who breached the lockdown rules and visited a boozer on August 1.

Edited by tonyjaa - 10 Aug 2020 at 10:01pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:57pm
The league is on its way back to Ibrox, Celtic have started as they'll go on

Rangers were much superior in head to heads last season and won't make the same mistakes they did then against other teams
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

The league is on its way back to Ibrox, Celtic have started as they'll go on

Rangers were much superior in head to heads last season and won't make the same mistakes they did then against other teams
I think the far right conspiracy theorist will agree with you LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 7:04am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 8:33am
Not the most ideal way to start the season!
On or off the pitch Angry
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 9:18am
Get rid of him instantly. Stupidity at its highest. 
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 10:25am
Are the club saying they knew he was away, tested negative and they had no issue putting him in the squad? Surely they should have kept him out of the firing line and leave him out. Even by bringing him on for a few mins has made it worse. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 10:51am
If the club knew what he was at then they can all resign. I'm hoping not as it would be absolutely farcical.
Get rid of him and Griffiths by any means possible.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 11:32am
CELTIC Football Club unreservedly condemns and apologises for the behaviour of the player Boli Bolingoli in travelling to Spain without informing the club and in failing to observe quarantine restrictions.
It is difficult to imagine a more irresponsible action in current circumstances and we find it beyond explanation. The Club will take immediate action through our own disciplinary procedures.
Celtic are in touch with every SPFL club today, and with all relevant authorities, to apologise for the fact that one of our employees has created so much additional difficulty through his actions.
All of our playing and backroom staff have been tested twice for Covid-19 since this incident and all, including the player in question, have tested negative. While this comes as a relief to all concerned, it in no way diminishes the seriousness or stupidity of the player’s actions.
Since the Covid -19 crisis began, we have had a safe and healthy squad of players, recording not one positive test. As a club, we have worked tirelessly to ensure a sustained, safe environment for all.   
We have led the way in working with the football authorities and Scottish Government to establish the most rigorous, effective protocols and working practices, which ultimately led to the resumption of football. We could have done no more in this area.
It is a matter of the deepest regret to us that the behaviour of one individual has jeopardised that reputation and reflected discredit on football more generally
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

CELTIC Football Club unreservedly condemns and apologises for the behaviour of the player Boli Bolingoli in travelling to Spain without informing the club and in failing to observe quarantine restrictions.
It is difficult to imagine a more irresponsible action in current circumstances and we find it beyond explanation. The Club will take immediate action through our own disciplinary procedures.
Celtic are in touch with every SPFL club today, and with all relevant authorities, to apologise for the fact that one of our employees has created so much additional difficulty through his actions.
All of our playing and backroom staff have been tested twice for Covid-19 since this incident and all, including the player in question, have tested negative. While this comes as a relief to all concerned, it in no way diminishes the seriousness or stupidity of the player’s actions.
Since the Covid -19 crisis began, we have had a safe and healthy squad of players, recording not one positive test. As a club, we have worked tirelessly to ensure a sustained, safe environment for all.   
We have led the way in working with the football authorities and Scottish Government to establish the most rigorous, effective protocols and working practices, which ultimately led to the resumption of football. We could have done no more in this area.
It is a matter of the deepest regret to us that the behaviour of one individual has jeopardised that reputation and reflected discredit on football more generally

Fairly damning and rightfully so. He has to go - if one of the hun players did this we would be up in arms and would be justified in that too. 
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 12:21pm
I imagine this would be a sackable offense considering the current situation ? Or would they be afraid to go down that line
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 12:39pm
Nicola Sturgeon '"As a minimum, don't expect to see Aberdeen or Celtic playing over the coming week... consider it a yellow card, next time a red card".
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 12:45pm
You’d nearly have to laugh at the cliched response from him and indeed other footballers caught out over the last number of months. You could almost write their ‘apology’ yourself. 

Error of judgement on my part
I meant no offence 
I respect our frontline workers
I dont know what a tracker mortgage is

All just a lame cover for being selfish, disrespectful, spoilt pricks who are only sorry they got caught.

Edited by Sham157 - 11 Aug 2020 at 5:55pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 12:50pm
It is a sackable offence but, like Grealish and others who got caught on, he will not be sacked for obvious economic reasons. Boli has been stupid beyond comprehension -did he really think nobody would notice ? If he is angling for a transfer out, Celtic may be keen to oblige but I can't see too many clubs queuing up to buy him right now.
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

It is a sackable offence but, like Grealish and others who got caught on, he will not be sacked for obvious economic reasons. Boli has been stupid beyond comprehension -did he really think nobody would notice ? If he is angling for a transfer out, Celtic may be keen to oblige but I can't see too many clubs queuing up to buy him right now.

Grealish has a massive resale value. We couldnt give Bolingoli away. Sack him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16271628162916301631 1935>
  Share Topic