You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16021603160416051606 1928>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 8:20am
Great to see Griffiths get a hat trick yesterday - have to admit I thought he was finished and was hoping he would go out on loan to Hibs in January. Massive credit to both him and Lennon there. 
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 10:31am
Still have to laugh at Rangers here, 1 point ahead coming into the New Year and celebrating the win against Celtic like they won the league and now currently 16 points behind
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 11:23am
Emotional one for Griffiths [=D>]

3rd was a great strike indeed

NEXT!!!!
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 8:47am
Decent performance on Saturday, good to see Griffiths get a hat trick, makes Lennon's decision a bit harder next week with his formation/line-up.

Id be tempted to go back to the 4 at the back. We are very exposed in wide areas with 3-5-2. Forrest not great at getting back and Taylor hasnt the stamina to get up and down. Sevco will double up on both sides. Lennon also has a call to make on the LWB role. Taylor was dreadful again on Saturday.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Decent performance on Saturday, good to see Griffiths get a hat trick, makes Lennon's decision a bit harder next week with his formation/line-up.

Id be tempted to go back to the 4 at the back. We are very exposed in wide areas with 3-5-2. Forrest not great at getting back and Taylor hasnt the stamina to get up and down. Sevco will double up on both sides. Lennon also has a call to make on the LWB role. Taylor was dreadful again on Saturday.

Griff looked back to his old self.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
poznan7 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poznan7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 8:52am
Adidas confirmed 5 year deal happy days
Bring back the Holy Goalie
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 11:00am
Will Sundays game go ahead do ye think? 
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 11:16am
With England cancelling the games the pressure will be severe to follow suit. I wouldnt be surprised if it does go ahead and everything is postponed from Monday onward. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 11:50am
Sunday's game is off.
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 12:13pm
Was hoping for a behind closed doors approach to get the season put to bed. 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 9:46pm
Stay safe ybig
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 9:52pm
BBC Scotland journo's reporting Scottish FA intend on ending the season as it is

Next season won't start until September with no League Cup

So as it stands Celtic champions, the so-called diet huns are down, Dundee Utd going up.

Edited by coyne - 15 Mar 2020 at 9:54pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

BBC Scotland journo's reporting Scottish FA intend on ending the season as it is

Next season won't start until September with no League Cup

So as it stands Celtic champions, the so-called diet huns are down, Dundee Utd going up.
No, the word is that this season will be declared null and void. I can't see that happening. All that effort for f**k all! Dundee United 24 points clear and told to do it again? Cove Rangers similar. Livingston having a season beyond their dreams told the same?

It would be an absolute nonsense. The logical thing is to play this season out, whenever possible, and take it from there.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:10pm
I'm just reading from what I think's a decent source PM.

Mine's saying the season's over...  Main reason being insurers won't pay out on anything knowing there's a risk to players by continuing the season.

And there's an SPL team with no insurance to cover the costs of the lost gate revenues

Edited by coyne - 15 Mar 2020 at 10:13pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 10:20pm
I have been reading a Scottish forum, and a Celtic one. Most are discussing the season ending now and there is media evidence of this too.

I think that would be an absolute travesty myself, not to mention incredibly unfair, but there you go.

The other problem, and this will be everywhere else too, is the television deals. They are made on showing a certain number of games a season. That aspect will be the most interesting. Maybe it will hasten the changes in how football is broadcast.

Edited by pre Madonna - 15 Mar 2020 at 10:23pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:14pm
I just read that in 1941 the SFA closed Celtic park as the fans waved a German flag.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

I just read that in 1941 the SFA closed Celtic park as the fans waved a German flag.

I don't think there is any proof of this.  The reason for the closure was hidden for obvious reasons if true as it would have been a propaganda win for the Nazis.  

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 6:33am
Calum Kavanagh the son of Graham is being linked with a move to Celtic.

Edited by Double Maxim - 04 Apr 2020 at 6:35am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16021603160416051606 1928>
  Share Topic