You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 154155156157158 1928>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Im not saying i want Boyd to be signed , but if it came down to it i would rather we signed Boyd instead of him going to Ibrox , he could defo give us the extra few goals we lacked last season which cost us the league Cry

I wouldnt get his name on the back of my shirt but i would welcome him to Parkhead.

Freewheeler in fairness to him he's a goal machine in the SPL

Good point stopping the Gers getting him would be a bonus but I still think Lenny is on a wind up with this one.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

cabbageandbacon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbageandbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 1:55am
Best wind up ever from Neil Lennon. He obviously has to acknowledge monster munches record in the SPL, but he said himself that the press were getting carried away if they thought Celtic are signing him.

Saying he's a good goal scorer and signing him are 2 different things. He scored 1 goal against us in something like 7 seasons with Killie and the Orcs, he was constanly dropped by Smith for the big games as he knew he wasn't up for them.

This takes the eyes off Diawara thankfully, that signing is the one we really want.
Twitter: @ghosty1879
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 2:07am
lenny was on the wind up, nothing more.

boyd was a good goal scorer but failed repeatly to score in big games. in 5 seasons for rangers in europe he scred 3 times and in 10 seasons in scotland he scored 1 goal against Celtic.

harldly a man you need for the big occasion
put em under pressure!
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbageandbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 2:15am
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 4:03am
[QUOTE=Stillhuntinghenry]Sunderland reneged on an initial salary offer to Gibson, Gibson wanted to hold them to that figure, simple as.

U have grand ideas of the Celtic midfield whilst they might cut it in Scotland that midfield would be Relegation material in the EPL

Funny that all these EPL teams want these players yet none of them have played in EPL. Even more surprising given that the likes of Stoke can far outbid Celtic when it comes to wages with the television money inbalance north and south of border. The facts are there these guys didn't attract an EPL club even tho they have all been available at one time or another.

Robson, McManus, McDonald, Maloney, Caldwell have hardly set England alight in last few years. Fact again

Whens the last time an EPL left their club to sign for celtic or rangers??

If you think gibson ain't a good player then critically analyse why this is the case but don't say he wouldnt make it in a bunch of nobodys in a third rate team in a third rate league. 

Those players would be relegation material in the EPL yet you were able to say most of Celtic midfield would be average players in the Championship Confused clueless......

What has that got to do with anything?? So just because a player has never played in the EPL he wont cut it Confused 

Hence the reason Stoke can off higher wages and bid higher on players because they have more money due to television imbalance???!!!

Ledley rejected stoke to sign for celtic Confused

Hardly top drawer players in all honestly , doubt many Celtic fans expected much from any of them when they left...

That fact you named Celtics current midfield then got shown up because lets face it you know must know very little about Celtic by your summary of those players , to say Gibson a fringe player all his career would get into Celtics midfield ahead of proven international quality shows what little you know....

Victor Wanyama has just attracted interest from Newcastle i suppose you never seen him play Embarrassed

Edited by Green Devil - 23 Dec 2011 at 4:06am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 4:19am
Ah yeah well it was kind of obvious by Lenny , but still who knows in football stranger things have happened!!

If a 6month contract was thrashed out id defo take him
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbageandbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 4:37am
NO NO NO.

I couldn't take Monster Munch seriously in the Hoops. Dyed in the wool bluenose( not that that bothers me) and he's a lazy bollicks. Never willing to put in a shift at all.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 4:45am
Bangura is only back from injury and wasnt exactly on fire before his set back , i wonder if he'll even hit 10 goals from now till the end of the season! 
Stokes and Hooper are no worries but if one gets injured we're f**ked imo! 
Sammy is in midfield , but he wont score to many as we all know if he's thrown up front.

Im not dying for Lenny to sign Boyd or anything like tbh id prefer someone who isnt a lazy f**k but the man knows where the back of the net is in the SPL bar Celtics Wink he's free aswell? 

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 4:50am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

Lennon is probably getting sick of all this stuff coming up when the team are putting together a good run of results. Even after the performance last thursday, the first thing they ask him is about the banner must be annoying.

What do people think about the prospect of Izzy featuring on the 28th, is it worth the risk?

not for me , the huns will rough him (injure him again) up even more than usual

on the bench maybe ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16314142.stm
sounding good

i would still only have him on the bench though
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbageandbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 4:53am

Bangura is only back from injury and wasnt exactly on fire before his set back , i wonder if he'll even hit 10 goals from now till the end of the season! 
Sammy is in midfield , but he wont score to many as we all know if he's thrown up front.

Im not dying for Lenny to sign Boyd or anything like tbh id prefer someone who isnt a lazy f**k but the man knows where the back of the net is in the SPL bar Celtics Wink he's free aswell? 
I'd rather pay £4million for Diawara than take Boyd on a free, honesty.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 4:57am
Originally posted by cabbageandbacon cabbageandbacon wrote:

NO NO NO.

I couldn't take Monster Munch seriously in the Hoops. Dyed in the wool bluenose( not that that bothers me) and he's a lazy bollicks. Never willing to put in a shift at all.
try open your mind a litte bitThumbs Down
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:03am
Typical blinkered Celtic fans - pity that proven International class hasn't gotten them into the Chamions league the last few seasons or thru the group stages of the uefa cup even

Suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

One thing we can agree on is wanyama - looks like a good player but has been used as centre half a lot recently not CM. Looks too good for Scottish football

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:03am
Originally posted by cabbageandbacon cabbageandbacon wrote:

I'd rather pay £4million for Diawara than take Boyd on a free, honesty.

Is there no chance of him going to the AFC with Senegal??

Ive only see clips of Diawara , he looks a good player but at the end of the day mate the league is tight enough at the minute same as last season but we f**ked up because we missed too many chances , which cost us in the end!! £4 million for an unproven 23 year old or the SPL record goal scorer for free???

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:06am
Clap
Brilliant boost to have this great player and great man back
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:08am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Clap

Just seen it there myself Big smile

Without jinxing the defense , their playing lately so to throw Izzy back in things can only get better imo!!

Wearside Bhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wearside Bhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:40am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Clap

Great news Thumbs Up
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:45am
http://football-asia.net/?p=2652

Ki has been crowned South Korea's player of the year for 2011 Clap

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 6:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 154155156157158 1928>
  Share Topic