You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12671268126912701271 1935>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 1:18pm
Does Brodge still talk a lot of nonsense in his interviews? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Fans shaming the club filming themselves singing about Lee Rigby
All over social media today
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/1362737/lee-rigby-mum-celtic-army-scum-sunderland/

Scumbags. Do any other sports attract supporters like these? Or is it a societal issue?

I'm reminded of this reported dialogue;

Margaret Thatcher – What are you doing to keep our society free from your hooligans?

Bert Millichip – What are YOU doing to keep your hooligans out of our football?

dont agree with the chanting but is it any worse than the following 

Liverpool - Munich 
Man u - Hillsborough, heysel
Sevco - famine song, lisbon lions passing, tommy burns

we live in the easily offended world these days due to social media

manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Hopefully it's not Beer Sheva next as all the politically correct panty wetters will be back on here filling it full of pish

what % of celtic fans actually give a feck about palestine? i think youll find it single digits 

if we do draw HBS it might be the final swansong for the GB, hope it isnt but would be interesting if they would actually create another display or would the PLC just ban them for it?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 1:41pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I would imagine that if the Celtic board had taken the case further they would have won on appeal, it was nonsensical from UEFA.
I thought the money raised was another good to come from it.

And what were/are the chances of that?

I was making a prediction if we get Hapoel again. We'll get another fine for flying Palestine flags or the Green Brigade display I'm sure.

Which is the problem. The board are happy to use the GB and their displays for publicity, they should be able to defend them when they are being wronged.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 1:41pm
LOL
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/1362737/lee-rigby-mum-celtic-army-scum-sunderland/

Scumbags. Do any other sports attract supporters like these? Or is it a societal issue?

I'm reminded of this reported dialogue;

Margaret Thatcher – What are you doing to keep our society free from your hooligans?

Bert Millichip – What are YOU doing to keep your hooligans out of our football?

dont agree with the chanting but is it any worse than the following 

Liverpool - Munich 
Man u - Hillsborough, heysel
Sevco - famine song, lisbon lions passing, tommy burns

we live in the easily offended world these days due to social media

LOLLOL

Great post. I'm just going to run through it with you so we can get the most out of it. 

1: You don't agree with the chant. Fair balls to you. You appear to be an upstanding citizen.  
2: You've listed out loads of offensive chants. You've asked me a question so I'll answer. They are all chants that could only be sung by empty heads and I've no idea which is worst. Anyone who sings any of them is either mentally challenged or a child who doesn't know better. 
3: Wait a minute.... Now you're saying people are too easily offended so you seem to be rolling back on point #1. Are the public to blame for not enjoying these ditties?
4: It's all social medias fault?!?! LOLLOL Yeap, Mark Zuckerburg has let himself down here. His silly contraption has enabled some young Gents who were only running around Sunderland shouting joyously about a young lad having his head hacked off to be entrapped on camera and chastised for having a bit of banter. It's sick that the ridiculous hyper PC brigade can sit at home and condemn their actions. You're right, the world has gone mad. A few boys can't even have a bit of craic anymore without everyone having a pop at them. 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 1:42pm

Hopefully it's not Beer Sheva next as all the politically correct panty wetters will be back on here filling it full of pish

what % of celtic fans actually give a feck about palestine? i think youll find it single digits 

if we do draw HBS it might be the final swansong for the GB, hope it isnt but would be interesting if they would actually create another display or would the PLC just ban them for it?

Really? I know a lot more than single digits myself.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 1:43pm
LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 3:02pm

Really? I know a lot more than single digits myself.

I've been very defensive of Celtic fans but .. I even saw Palestine flags at the Stadium of Light ffs LOLEmbarrassed

Although the amount I saw was very few, it's very embarrassing for them to give a large amount of f**ks about Palestine to take to a friendly 

Edited by coyne - 03 Aug 2017 at 3:03pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 3:10pm
So they should only care about the plight of the Palestinian people in European games and cup finals?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 3:40pm

So they should only care about the plight of the Palestinian people in European games and cup finals?

If I were looking for a time/place to spread my political agenda at a football match, I think a friendly match would be at the bottom of the list.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

If I were looking for a time/place to spread my political agenda at a football match, I think a friendly match would be at the bottom of the list.

The intention is to raise awareness of the Palestinian situation and cause discussion, it has clearly worked here.
The importance of the match is largely irrelevant.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 4:32pm

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

What is wrong with some people? That is really disgraceful stuff. 

Heard them singing that before the Man City game last year were I work...Scum
And it seems some Celtic fans were singing it in The New Inn before Celtic's pre-season friendly with Brentford in 2013.

The New Inn is where the West London Celtic Supporters Club met at the time.
I was in the New Inn for several hours before and after that game, I can assure you it wasn't.
The crusader is now wrestling horsey for the whataboutery trophy back
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 4:50pm
Wank the camel gone missing again as Celtic win, funny that very like the other fckwit rtid

He obviously has not found any links to any wrongdoing by the real bhoys on their travels at this game
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Yes and wow.

And no mention of Legia beingn fined from what I understand.

Just seeing it now.

What a fookin banner

Drank with Legia Ultras after we went to one of their games. Sound lads to us when they found out we were Irish but absolute rockets
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 11:13am
Celtic to play Astana in CL.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
fr larry duff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 11:37am
tough game but rather have got them than hapoel. we need to take a lead away from the first game though, very difficult to win over there.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 11:50am
Originally posted by fr larry duff fr larry duff wrote:

tough game but rather have got them than hapoel. we need to take a lead away from the first game though, very difficult to win over there.
Hopefully we don't gift them a goal at home again! Any lead to nil going over there is a good result, I assume they still have the plastic pitch?
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:57pm
Gutted for the panty wetters
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12671268126912701271 1935>
  Share Topic