You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 1928>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Partridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 4:19am
Not looking good for Big Dan, he looks like the elephant man there.
Sponsored Links

dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 8:31am
great win yday and another clrean sheet. keep it lit for next week celtic!
put em under pressure!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

at the carling cup game, United fans had one that said Istanbul on it

same as the flares issue. italian fans done the same thing last week in a league match and nothing said yet we are now the worst in the world
put em under pressure!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 8:36am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smKcRDi3e3w&feature=player_embedded
fights and people arrested yet for some reason celtic are vilified in europe?

f**k UEFA and f**k the SFA.
put em under pressure!
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 3:51am

Do Celtic fans think that Lennon's comments on the banner in Udinese has seriously distanced him now from Celtic fans.

What I mean is whatever about the fans opinion on UEFA, for him to say they are not real fans when they have travelled half way across Europe, is not on imo. He should have kept well out of it.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 3:53am
he said they disgraced the club.
makes a change from him disgracing the club i suppose

The first question to Lennon after the match from the scottish media was about the banner. Thats all they were interested in
I would say had there been no questions on it UEFA wouldn't have done anything

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Dec 2011 at 3:57am
cabbageandbacon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbageandbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 3:59am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Do Celtic fans think that Lennon's comments on the banner in Udinese has seriously distanced him now from Celtic fans.

What I mean is whatever about the fans opinion on UEFA, for him to say they are not real fans when they have travelled half way across Europe, is not on imo. He should have kept well out of it.

Lennon should've have said nothing. It's not his fight, it's up to Lawwell and Bankier to speak up. Joking about fans not being able to spell is well out of order, and saying they're not true fans after spending 60 hours on a bus is nonsense.

Fans have an opinion shocker!!! Should've made the protest outside the stadium and not brought the club into it.
Twitter: @ghosty1879
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 4:06am
Baggio are you for real?
Your blaming the media for making UEFA aware of this?
I've heard it all now
I agree with ye Showgies Lennon shouldn't have gone as far as he did with the comments
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 4:11am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Baggio are you for real?
I've heard it all now
I agree with ye Showgies Lennon shouldn't have gone as far as he did with the comments

well why did the FA not charge United fans after the Elland road banner? cos Fergie wasn't asked any question on it after the game, and therefore the club didnt have to come out and condemn it, it was quietly swept under the carpet.

I dont think a banner would have been in the Greek referees report.

I also dont recall Walter Smith ever being questioned on Rangers fans behaviour on away trips which brought about UEFA charges, but hey lets not sound paranoid.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 4:20am
anyone see the Rangers highlights on Saturday? they're on the bbc website if anyones interested

ICT manager Terry Butcher said after the game that the officials had good games

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 4:25am
Originally posted by dunloybhoy dunloybhoy wrote:

dont sing the ra songs end of.

the mention of the word RA and IRA in a song and eufa will fine us. i have no probs with let the people sing, the fields, this land etc but the BOTOB and the roll of honour shouldnt be sung.

learn and move on from this.
absolutely , these songs are not sung at celtic park by the green brigade and should not be sung at any away game , theres plenty time for them in the pub before and after, anyone defending them is an utter idiot.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 5:00am

Baggio are you for real?
I've heard it all now

Of corse you cant blame the media but they have a huge infleunce on how much time people (like us) give this banner. If you ask me people are way too sensitive. If the banner said 'go away uefa' or somthing like that there wouldnt be a word about it. People get way to hung up on 'curse' words.

Apart from all that if I was a Celtic fan the thing that would worry me most is that committee and managment seem really detached from the fans at the moment - which is a recipe for disaster for a club. For them to come straight out after the game and talk about life time bans, not real fans etc; without asking Why? would be a huge concern.

jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 5:21am
Heading over to my first Celtic match after Christmas. My mate is heading over and he wanted someone to tag along so I say's why not.  

I am looking forward to seeing some proper Celtic fans unlike the mongs I am surrounded by in my areaThumbs Down

Edited by jackshat - 20 Dec 2011 at 5:24am
It's Jack Shat
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 6:33am
bump
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 6:39am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Baggio are you for real?
I've heard it all now

well why did the FA not charge United fans after the Elland road banner? cos Fergie wasn't asked any question on it after the game, and therefore the club didnt have to come out and condemn it, it was quietly swept under the carpet.

I dont think a banner would have been in the Greek referees report.

I also dont recall Walter Smith ever being questioned on Rangers fans behaviour on away trips which brought about UEFA charges, but hey lets not sound paranoid.
The Man Utd banner was in very bad taste and was disgraceful
but the f**k UEFA banner is a blatant pop at the games rulers,ye just cant do it
how anyone would expect to get away with it is beyond belief
These Celtic fans are bringing the spotlight onto themselves,no one else
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:10am
Its been known for years that we have a minor scumbag element in the club , no matter how well behaved 99% of Celtic fans behave week in week , home or away! Celtic and Rangers will always be in the public eye because it boils down to religion with alot of people , Celtic fans who put up that banner were wrong as are the fans who glorify the IRA.

No club is immune to a having a few scumbags starting trouble , im not trying to drag up a Celtic vs Rangers debate but if you look at how well the majority of our supporters have been well received for years an years compared to Rangers it shows great strides were made in stamping out the trouble makers!!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Diego Duffy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:26am
Long may it continue G D pity about the minority however..
Ireland 4 Poland and Ukraine 2012 :D
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:28am
Was this just a small group.
Thought it was GB banner.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 1928>
  Share Topic