Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 1928>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Horray, a thread of our own!

2 questions.............1. is the re-fixed Cally game still gonna be on Sky?  Ain't got ESPN.

2. Is it true Tommy Stewart (Rovers player last season) signed for Celtic?

no i mentioned above - sky cant show matches on same night champions league is on, so it isnt televised

is that tommy stewart who played for Linfield? what would be the point signing someone of that standard?

and what would you know about the standard of football on this island? mc court and mc ginn both played football over here, mc ginn even played for dungannon swifts ffs

embarassing post from you

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links

IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

2 questions.............1. is the re-fixed Cally game still gonna be on Sky?  Ain't got ESPN.

no i mentioned above - sky cant show matches on same night champions league is on, so it isnt televised

is that tommy stewart who played for Linfield? what would be the point signing someone of that standard?

and what would you know about the standard of football on this island? mc court and mc ginn both played football over here, mc ginn even played for dungannon swifts ffs

Meooow shoco
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

Meooow shoco

i was actually making a serious point, do you agree with his comment? do you think that if a player played domestic football in ireland then hes of "that standard" and not good enough to play for celtic?

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 3:22pm

thats where your wrong Shoco, i watched Tommy Stewart several times playing against Cliftonville for Linfield, i watched him a couple of times on TV for Rovers also last season - he's never stood out as a player that would make it at Celtic, let alone improve the current playing squad

You think i dont know McGinn and McCourts background??

McCourts a fabulous talent and has a part to play at the club in the coming months and years in my opinion, He's a different level to Tommy Stewart, different class of play altogether

McGinn hasnt got a future in my opinion, he has a bit of pace but thats about it. I've nothing against him at all, i just can't see him getting his place in the near future given the players in front of him

i re-iterate my point - what would be the point in signing someone of Tommy Stewarts standard?
in no way was i belittling irish football so wind yer neck in FFS

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 14 Mar 2011 at 3:24pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 3:27pm

thats where your wrong Shoco, i watched Tommy Stewart several times playing against Cliftonville for Linfield, i watched him a couple of times on TV for Rovers also last season - he's never stood out as a player that would make it at Celtic, let alone improve the current playing squad

McCourts a fabulous talent and has a part to play at the club in the coming months and years in my opinion, He's a different level to Tommy Stewart, different class of play altogether

McGinn hasnt got a future in my opinion, he has a bit of pace but thats about it. I've nothing against him at all, i just can't see him getting his place in the near future given the players in front of him

i re-iterate my point - what would be the point in signing someone of Tommy Stewarts standard?
Roberto Baggio 1
Shoco 0
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 5:23pm
Shoco's point is well made and while I appreciate Baggio you may have seen him "a few times", Stewart has plenty of talent and ability and there's no reason why he couldn't improve and develop if he went to Celtic.  He's a bit of a quiet lad as I said but he had an uncanny and crucial knack of getting big goals at big times (2 beauts against Pats at Tallaght when we were 1 nil down in a massive game particularly stand out) in his season at Rovers.  I've seen worse players than Stewart carve out a living in the SPL or lower English league teams.  Stewart took a while to get fit but once he did, he made an excellent contribution to Rovers taking the title and I wish him all the best, wherever he ends up.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 6:07pm

Roberto Baggio 1
Shoco 0

not really, his choice of wording suggested he was having a go at the domestic game here but keep score by all means

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 8:03pm

Roberto Baggio 1
Shoco 0

not really, his choice of wording suggested he was having a go at the domestic game here but keep score by all means
Roberto Baggio 2
Shoco 0
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 3:30am

lads i will delte all gimpy posts like the ones justice made on this thread , lets keep it to football

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
zoolander View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoolander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 3:38am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

lads i will delte all gimpy posts like the ones justice made on this thread , lets keep it to football

Clap

Anyone know if Samaras has signed a new contract yet?
It's a walk-off!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 5:12am

Just delete the comment.
You know yourself this thread will spiral out of control very quickly.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 5:27am
Originally posted by zoolander zoolander wrote:

Clap

not sure if the enigma has signed one yet or not

not sure if i want him to, his bad performances have outweighed the good, very frustrating at times but has shown well in the big games so far this season for a change
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 10:57am

Celtic in new Neil Lennon appeal

• Confusion reigns over Neil Lennon’s second four-match ban

Ronnie Cully

15 Mar 2011

Celtic will decide today if they are to once again go head-to-head with the SFA, this time over Neil Lennon’s latest four-game touchline ban.

The Parkhead club believe the sentence handed down to their manager for the altercation with Ally McCoist at the end of the Old Firm game on March 2 is flawed.

Lennon is already serving a four-game ban, which still has three matches to run, after being found guilty of serious misconduct during a game at Tynecastle on November 10 when was sent to the stand by ref Craig Thomson following a bust up with fourth official Steven McLean.

Last Thursday, when they announced that McCoist would be banned for two matches and Lennon for four – the Celtic manager having an extra two games added as per their sliding scale based on previous offences – the SFA decided that these suspensions would begin on March 16.

That, in effect, would have meant an overlap in suspensions for Lennon, and Celtic are confident that handing down concurrent instead of consecutive sentences is a breach of the SFA’s own rules.

The club have also been alerted to the fact that, again under the SFA’s rules, any automatic suspension should begin 10 days after the alleged offence. In this case, they indicated the ban would begin 14 days after the March 2 game at Parkhead.

Celtic – backed by legal advice from QC Paul McBride – have already shown that they are more than ready to take on the SFA when they believe the game’s ruling body is not adhering to the rules.

If they pursue their appeal on the grounds that the SFA have not followed their own procedures, it is certain to increase the bad blood which exists between the two parties.

McCoist has already indicated he intends to contest his ban, based on the grounds that he does not believe he did anything to merit being reported by referee Calum Murray.

If this is received by the SFA by tomorrow the Rangers assistant manager will be allowed to take his place in the technical area at Hampden for Sunday’s Co-operative Insurance Cup Final.

Lennon, meanwhile, will be forced to watch the game from the stand, as he did for the SPL game last weekend against Hamilton and as he will again do when his side take on Inverness in the Scottish Cup tomorrow night.

The postponement of the quarter-final tie against Caley Thistle on Sunday, and the subsequent cancellation of the SPL game against Hibs tomorrow night, mean that his current suspension will not now be served until after the league game at Inverness on April 2.

Depending on whether or not the club submit an appeal against his second ban – and the outcome of any such challenge – Lennon could then find himself starting another four games in the stand, one more game in the stand or no more games at all.

put em under pressure!
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 11:03am
lol mc coist looks like someone who was innocent in the who evening
put em under pressure!
Wearside Bhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wearside Bhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by dunloybhoy dunloybhoy wrote:

lol mc coist looks like someone who was innocent in the who evening
Sally looks ready to explode Big%20smile
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by zoolander zoolander wrote:

Clap

4 year contract on the table for him so ive heard!!! Think they"ll wait until May when his contract is just up to renew

Edited by Green Devil - 15 Mar 2011 at 1:58pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
zoolander View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoolander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 2:37pm
4 years???? No way, he's only played about 4 good games for Celtic!! I'd give him a 12 month deal and try and get a bit of consistency and form out of him.
It's a walk-off!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 2:39pm
Is there any other clubs interested in Samaras. Clubs in greece perhaps?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 1928>
  Share Topic