You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18711872187318741875 1928>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

Spurs are a poisoned chalice should of stayed another year with Celtic, lose Harry Kane and what's he going to do?Confused
Hopefully not sign Kyogo 
Sponsored Links

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 2:15am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Celtic fans turning their nose up to Graham Potter? LOL

I doubt that. 

DM is a Celtic fan and my response was in reply to him saying he wouldn’t want him.

Well, in that case, he’s foolish, then. 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 2:16am
Knutsen is the newest favourite- I think it’d be a decent appointment. Potter would be very good, but I doubt he’d take it; Maresca could be a bit of a gamble. 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 7:47am

I doubt that. 

DM is a Celtic fan and my response was in reply to him saying he wouldn’t want him.

Its all about opinions Potter didn't exactly cover himself in glory at Chelsea! 

Kieran McKenna is the latest manager to be linked with the Celtic job.             
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I doubt that. 

Its all about opinions Potter didn't exactly cover himself in glory at Chelsea! 

Kieran McKenna is the latest manager to be linked with the Celtic job.             

Chelsea was a sh*t show.
I'm not sure Potter would be that interested in Celtic - I imagine he's probably got his eyes on a PL job and he'll get one. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 9:40am
Butland is actually a very strong move from Rangers. Good keeper and still only 30 I think. If Beale can entice a few more of this calibre player up north, they will strongly challenge Celtic next year.

Makes the managerial appointment all the more important. Celtic really need to get this done quickly in order to give the new man time 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 9:59am
Potter would be a bit of a coup for Celtic. If he could build Celtic like Brighton they'd dominate for several years to come.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 10:19am
I'd think there is a fair chance that Potter ends up at Crystal Palace. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I'd think there is a fair chance that Potter ends up at Crystal Palace. 

Yep Sounds like the job is his if he wants it
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 10:30am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Butland is actually a very strong move from Rangers. Good keeper and still only 30 I think. If Beale can entice a few more of this calibre player up north, they will strongly challenge Celtic next year.

Makes the managerial appointment all the more important. Celtic really need to get this done quickly in order to give the new man time 

He was a very good keeper but he has barely played in the last couple of years. It will be interesting to see what sort of level he is operating at now. 

El Puto Amo
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Brighton certainly won't like that!
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Brighton certainly won't like that!

Adds a bit of spice to the motorway derby.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 12:36pm
Most seem convinced it'll be Maresca
Which is a little disappointing if it comes to fruition
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Most seem convinced it'll be Maresca
Which is a little disappointing if it comes to fruition

You were all disappointed when Postecoglou was appointed.
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 2:11pm
Thought Benitez name would have cropped up by now, it seemed to be on the radar the last couple of times the job was going. Guessing he would still be looking big wages. Style of play a bit of a comedown from Ange's. 

Maresca spell at Parma was uninspiring but must have something about him as a coach if hes working close to Pep. His City Group links surely an attraction to our board also. 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 3:35pm
Looks like Des Buckingham is in Glasgow - I'm not googling him for u lol - wonder would he be Kennedy's replacement in an assistant role cos he sure as hell shouldn't be considered for the top job

If so , then it's not a good sign as assistant is being lined up before the manager - it's the way this board have worked in the majority past decade or so

Edited by tonyjaa - 07 Jun 2023 at 3:35pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Looks like Des Buckingham is in Glasgow - I'm not googling him for u lol - wonder would he be Kennedy's replacement in an assistant role cos he sure as hell shouldn't be considered for the top job

If so , then it's not a good sign as assistant is being lined up before the manager - it's the way this board have worked in the majority past decade or so

Des Buckingham is only in Glasgow to visit friends, and is not a contender for a major role at Celtic, according to a report.

The Englishman is the current manager of Indian Super League side Mumbai City.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 9:18pm

I saw Iraola is being linked. Dunno how reputable the sources are. He would be a good coup for Celtic 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18711872187318741875 1928>
  Share Topic