Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17551756175717581759 1933>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 5:17pm
Looks like this is happening

Jesus Christ

Interesting to see what calibre of player wants to come and play for big Ange

Edited by tonyjaa - 03 Jun 2021 at 5:18pm
Sponsored Links

CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Jesus Christ

Apart from the inevitable 5 Man City loaneesBig smile
Celtic in the 'City Group' in all but an official capacity Angry
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 7:57am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 9:02am

Jesus Christ

I've seen this argument about him not attracting players. I dont recall Rodgers attracting many stars. An over the hill Toure on £40k/week which gets overlooked as an expensive flop. Rodgers strength was in improving the players already there. 

Gerrard will attract players because of his name, especially these lads of a younger generation who watched him growing up. But that will only get you so far, as 1 trophy out of 9 domestically proves. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 9:10am
Don't get the disregarding just because he doesn't manage in a league which people know, Tony didn't even know why A-League clubs don't spend money! Very Paul Merson-esque behaviour.

No one knew Graham Potter until Ostersunds (typo I can't remember the correct spelling) played Arsenal in the Europa.

He seems to be extremely reputable for a guy who's never managed a big league. Next step is get on his case when Celtic get dumped out the qualifiers by Gala/Rapid/Midtylland

Edited by coyne - 04 Jun 2021 at 9:11am
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:00am
He took Marinos training today anyway
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:12am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Don't get the disregarding just because he doesn't manage in a league which people know, Tony didn't even know why A-League clubs don't spend money! Very Paul Merson-esque behaviour.

No one knew Graham Potter until Ostersunds (typo I can't remember the correct spelling) played Arsenal in the Europa.

He seems to be extremely reputable for a guy who's never managed a big league. Next step is get on his case when Celtic get dumped out the qualifiers by Gala/Rapid/Midtylland

Agreed. Too many dismissive of him already. Seems a more experienced coach than what Howe had to offer plus a reputation of winning titles.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Agreed. Too many dismissive of him already. Seems a more experienced coach than what Howe had to offer plus a reputation of winning titles.

Exactly I didn't want that spoofer Howe anyway.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 12:52pm
rilas Ould-Saada
@arilasos
Celtic star Kristoffer Ajer confirms that he wants to leave the club this summer. “With one year left of my contract, that would be the best solution for me and my club.”

“Something is going to happen this summer.” Ajer wants to join a top five league and is linked to Newcastle.
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 1:15pm

rilas Ould-Saada
@arilasos
Celtic star Kristoffer Ajer confirms that he wants to leave the club this summer. “With one year left of my contract, that would be the best solution for me and my club.”

“Something is going to happen this summer.” Ajer wants to join a top five league and is linked to Newcastle.

No great surprise, probably our best player last season, which isnt saying much.

Great ability at carrying the ball out of defence but doesnt have great defensive instincts. Heard calls for him to be give a run in midfield but hes nowhere agile enough to play in midfield for the long term. Maybe a sweeper type position in a back three would suit him. Hopefully get £10m+ for him
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:10am
No sweat Neil

-Neil Lennon speaks out against 'new breed' of Celtic supporter in first major interview since Former Celtic manager Neil Lennon has spoken out against the ‘new breed’ of supporter that ‘belie the values of the club’ in his first major interview since resigning.

Lennon left Celtic in February. Aside from a few appearances on BBC Radio 5 Live has kept largely quiet on a deeply disappointing season.

He’s now joined The Times for their Euro 2020 coverage and has given an exclusive interview this weekend.
Speaking to journalist Michael Grant, Lennon went into the hurt of a dismal campaign.

One major incident came after the League Cup exit at the hands of Ross County in November. It had become clear our season was unravelling fast. Supporters congregated at the stadium to protest the situation.

He wasn’t happy with that reaction.
Lennon told The Times: “That was the first cup defeat in 35/36 games. It was the end of an unbelievable cycle of success and for them to be treated that way was bewildering. They should have been lauded for it rather than abused. They were getting pelted with missiles. It was very sad.

“There was a new breed of supporters that I had nothing in common with and who belie the values of the club. They are the ones that are giving the club a bad name.”

Neil Lennon bemoans unhealthy obsession at Celtic.

The former Celtic manager would go on to bemoan the fixation of fans on the mythical ten-in-a-row.

He said: “It was definitely a situation like no other. You’re going for the tenth title in a row and that was an obsession for the fans, an unhealthy obsession I felt. And we were in the midst of a pandemic where nothing was normal.

“So you put that together and there were a lot of things that were out of your control as a manager.”

The 49-year-old also criticised the way supporters treated Dermot Desmond and Peter Lawwell. In the interview he claimed that the duo were as strong as they could be throughout.

He didn’t go into detail on behind-the-scenes problems at the club but did admit there was a lot of anxiety in the squad for a variety of reasons, many related to the pandemic.
Lennon then summed up how he felt about his resignation, the lukewarm reaction to the Scottish Cup win and the ‘joyless’ season, telling The Times: “I wouldn’t say I was hurt, I was more bewildered by it and the lack of time and the lack of faith that people showed in me. It’s basically fans I’m referring to more than anything else.

“I can walk away with 21 medals as a player and a manager, the first guy to do the treble as both a player and a manager. If that doesn’t mean a lot to other people, it means a lot to me.”

Lennon is now looking for a new start away from Scottish football, feeling he still has a lot to offer the game as a manager but also as a pundit. He refutes the suggestion he is a ‘dinosaur’ and has been taking steps of self-improvement since February.

Clearly, the former Celtic boss isn’t for backing down on his second reign as Celtic boss. He feels there were factors out of his control when it came to managing the club over the last 12 months-
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 6:34pm
yeah, he'd definitely have won the ten had it not been for the pandemic...

What's crazy is people will forget about this given time and he'll still be welcomed back to the club as a legend in the future, while others who achieved much more will continue to be chastised for not being a "Celtic man".
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 11:08am
Smsm pushing that Ange wants Kevin Muscat as his assistant
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 4:43pm
Leverkusen in talks with Ajer

£10mill + please
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 5:35pm

They are backtracking on it now
Felt like winding up the Tim's for the afternoon lol
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 8:56pm

They are backtracking on it now
Felt like winding up the Tim's for the afternoon lol

Rent free.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 7:05pm
Looks like he's waved goodbye to the Marino's fans after their cup defeat today
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:09am
Confirmed

Please be good Ange

Edited by tonyjaa - 10 Jun 2021 at 9:10am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17551756175717581759 1933>
  Share Topic