You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17471748174917501751 1928>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 8:47am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Duffy's loan officially ended

Hopefully he gets himself sorted

Should have been set packing in January, if the terms of the loan allowed for that. Hopefully he can get his career back on track, but his confidence must be in tatters.
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Duffy's loan officially ended

Hopefully he gets himself sorted

Should have been set packing in January, if the terms of the loan allowed for that. Hopefully he can get his career back on track, but his confidence must be in tatters.

Speculation that if Derby County survive relegation, Rooney wants to sign him next season.

(Dunno if there's anything in it, mind, or just paper talk)
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 3:23pm
Just got an 'Update' email from the club, which basically says there is nothing to update you about. 

Have to believe Howe is all but confirmed. Surely if they were appointing anyone else it would be done by now. 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 8:07pm
Test event planned v West Ham at Celtic Park on 24th July

Club want 50% capacity but likely to get around 25/30%
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

I had a good chat with Ramon Vega for the podcast and radio show.

He won the treble in his six months there on loan from Tottenham and wanted to finish his career at Celtic but was very unhappy with how he was treated.

I had to stop myself laughing as his accent is absolutely mental LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5tXkJCdV_I&t=486s

He was on Quickly Kevin a couple of weeks ago, seems like a funny fella.

That was a good one of him on Quickly Kevin. Seemed to love Celtic and said the fans are a totally different level to anything he’d experienced 

In the bit before Vega came on when they were going through emails, someone wrote in to say that he used to think Gifton Noel Williams the ex Watford player was being called “the gifted Noel Williams”, by commentators anytime he got the ball
Funny I used to think the exact same 
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 4:41pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:14am
Celtic should give a guard of honour to St J tonight due to the outstanding achievement this season of reaching 2 cup finals - Davidson should be MOTY but slippy will get it cos it's a Sevco country afterall
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:53am
Browns last home match tonight. While he will go down a club legend for what hes delivered as captain, hes never been a player I rated highly. Bar under Rodgers first couple of seasons, he never really hit the heights expected of him. It will be another large wage of the bill, which can hopefully go towards the rebuild.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 11:07am
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 1:05pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/NCCeltic/status/1392415343755280385
Brilliant

https://www.celticfc.com/news/2021/may/Celtic-Football-Club-Statement/
Ah well
Back to being complete an utter Tory c**t fecks

Edited by tonyjaa - 12 May 2021 at 3:20pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 3:19pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Not sure how accurate this is?

Looking likely now. Just hope he has been working away in the background. As I said previously I dont buy into the hype surrounding him, but he cant be produce any worse than what we have been served up this season. 
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 3:42pm

Looking likely now. Just hope he has been working away in the background. As I said previously I dont buy into the hype surrounding him, but he cant be produce any worse than what we have been served up this season. 

He took a side from near extinction to the Premier League and sustained them there for many seasons playing attacking possession football on a shoe string budget. He is the best young manager in British football. The same person has no doubt been been preparing for a task this size for many seasons now, as it was when not if a large club came calling. 

Edited by TigerRoll - 12 May 2021 at 3:45pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 3:50pm
Exactly the type of manager that I feel Celtic need. 
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

He took a side from near extinction to the Premier League and sustained them there for many seasons playing attacking possession football on a shoe string budget. He is the best young manager in British football. The same person has no doubt been been preparing for a task this size for many seasons now, as it was when not if a large club came calling. 

He took them to EPL after breaking FFP rules and ultimately relegated them. Also responsible for some expensive flops, so to say he done all on a shoe string isnt accurate. His tenure at Burnley and lack of European experience is also a concern. But as said previously, he seems like a studious coach and he cant do any worse than this seasons incumbents.  
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 4:05pm

He took them to EPL after breaking FFP rules and ultimately relegated them. Also responsible for some expensive flops, so to say he done all on a shoe string isnt accurate. His tenure at Burnley and lack of European experience is also a concern. But as said previously, he seems like a studious coach and he cant do any worse than this seasons incumbents.  

What flops? As Solanke is the one mentioned usually, who is one the top scorers in Championship this year. Howe was right on him. 
There is a hell lot more success stories than flops, which can’t be said for Celtic the past number of transfer windows. The Premier League is much harder in comparison to Europe. 
The main issue with Howe is if he’s supported. He can’t work miracles, he needs investment and his own team. John Kennedy has to go.

Edited by TigerRoll - 12 May 2021 at 4:06pm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 4:46pm
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 5:18pm

What flops? As Solanke is the one mentioned usually, who is one the top scorers in Championship this year. Howe was right on him. 
There is a hell lot more success stories than flops, which can’t be said for Celtic the past number of transfer windows. The Premier League is much harder in comparison to Europe. 
The main issue with Howe is if he’s supported. He can’t work miracles, he needs investment and his own team. John Kennedy has to go.

Solanke was signed for the Premiership, a £19m striker doing well in the Championship. Jordan Ibe another flop. Danjuma similar to Solanke.

Regardless of how you see the Prem vs Europe, they are two different competitions and the fact of the matter is, he has no experience in Europe. 

Tony Mowbray had a similar CV. Nice attacking football, won promotion to the Prem and we know how that turned out. Been able to handle the pressure of expecting to win every week, is a different ball game to avoiding the drop and being happy with draws. 

Im sure he will have financial backing. Cant see him committing otherwise. 

I'll be renewing my season ticket regardless so hopefully he can provide some entertaining football. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17471748174917501751 1928>
  Share Topic