You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17401741174217431744 1928>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 4:06pm
Similar sentiments have been voiced by Ally McCoist, a man known to be partial to a few beers himself, and even some Rangers supporters.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 4:15pm
The worrying thing is that this looks like it was some time ago and he was obviously struggling. It may well have been two 'one-off' incidents, but it reflects terrible on those above him. Surely his problems were apparent and they should have helped him and got him out of the firing line. 
Maybe he was just pissed, the issues with that are separate, but  in one of the videos he looks broken by more than booze.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 6:27am
Police looking into a potential Covid breach by him and the group he was with being down in Carlisle according to todays papers

Yet they let thousands and thousands of Huns celebrate the title at Ibrox and even accommodate a march away from the stadium

Classy classy country

Edited by tonyjaa - 15 Apr 2021 at 6:29am
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 11:05am
So a young(ish) man got pissed one evening (in a drinking club?)

He wasn't violent, aggressive or otherwise making a nuisance of himself, his mate took care of him and no-one died.

This may even have occurred during one of several occasions when he was between jobs.

I fail to see how this is in the least bit newsworthy at all, and people looking to make something of it, esp the t**ser with the cameraphone, really need to take a look at themselves.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Zero word on Forrest since Saturday...

From what John Kennedy is saying it sounds like James won't be in the starting line up on Sunday but may make the squad?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Zero word on Forrest since Saturday...

From what John Kennedy is saying it sounds like James won't be in the starting line up on Sunday but may make the squad?

Ffs
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

He wasn't violent, aggressive or otherwise making a nuisance of himself, his mate took care of him and no-one died.

This may even have occurred during one of several occasions when he was between jobs.

I fail to see how this is in the least bit newsworthy at all, and people looking to make something of it, esp the t**ser with the cameraphone, really need to take a look at themselves.
Well said Terri
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 7:27pm
Lawell's man in the media is saying both Howe and Celtic are 'relaxed' over how things are at the minute. CL Qualifiers weeks away and a complete squad rebuild needed, I dont see how anyone from Celtic's side can be relaxed. Just shows a continuity of poor management from the top. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 9:48pm
if I ever am in the presence of someone who records a person obviously in a bit of bother and doesn’t try helping, I’m punching the ****s head. How can filming some one in bother be in any way ok?? No.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 9:55pm
Agree with most of that, but not sure a stranger should definitely have gone to offer help in that situation. Lennon had a friend with him already trying to help him. Your offer may not have been that welcome 
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 7:41am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 8:55am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 11:15am

Klimala away to NYC FC apparently

Another superb Celtic signing, thanks again Neil, Pete & Dermot

Red bulls bound instead
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Pretty uneventful video alright. Basically nothing happens until the very end when the lad who's taking it further outs himself as the massive bellend he already appeared to be.
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 11:46am
i am far from lennons biggest fan but as someone who knows what its like to struggle with the booze in the past he really needs some help here, it is sad to see it, but when he's on it he is not a nice drunk, seen it first hand

imo should never have been back as manager, the deflation of a treble treble and on the bus back to the hospitality post match when it was announced was going from the ultimate high to feeling like black sunday 

lawwell and the board taking the cheap option, but i ask what has changed with John Kennedy in 18 months couldnt he have took over to close out a season that was pretty much done apart from the cup? Cant even see why he might be in contention now and if he wins sunday he has a chance - i think howe is holding out for palace and see where woy is going and if they stay up 

As for the players and i include Brown in this, Lennon coming back allowed him and Griffiths to let their standards drop and back to the pre Brendan days, hence the foreign players and the discord, in a way i am delighted brown is gone - he has been fantastic but we need to move on 

see this morning Harkin being reported as DoF from sources in Ireland - if Howe is in the frame will he accept that?
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 11:53am
Talk now that Howe is still getting paid by Bournemouth, which is why he wont be appointed until the end of the season. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 12:57pm
I don't know how much Lenny had to do with recruitment. Nick Hammond is surely the main culprit there. He made a poor job of it at West Brom previously, when they got relegated. Gone from Celtic now of course.
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I don't know how much Lenny had to do with recruitment. Nick Hammond is surely the main culprit there. He made a poor job of it at West Brom previously, when they got relegated. Gone from Celtic now of course.

There wasnt too many complaining at our summer transfer window. On paper it looked a good window, EPL and Serie A players in and kept our main men. 

The Duffy signing, which I had doubts about, will be remembered as one of the worst transfers in our history.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17401741174217431744 1928>
  Share Topic