You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17381739174017411742 1928>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:21am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

"Surely this is the time John Kennedy leaves. How has remained, is astounding."

Really?
He has been Lawwells pet project ever since JFK was forced to retire

Scout
Youth coach
First team coach
Assistant manager
Caretaker

All the roles he has been in under Lawwell, make no mistake - the long term plan was for him to step in and replace Lenny (still might lol) under him but they completely fecked EVERYTHING this season

JFK is very well regarded by players and staff - Duff even said he is one of the best coaches he has ever worked with as player/coach

I wouldn't be surprised he was kept on - whether he would accept a lower capacity role is another factor

Strachan jr and his iPad can go take themselves to feck though, clown

I completely agree. He was Lawwells project, but there’s a fresh start coming now. With a new CEO, and pretty every other role. Brown has left, the main voice in the dressing room. A new voice will have to come, hence why I said Cook. That’s Howes man. 

Kennedy wasn’t recruited by Rodgers for Leicester, I stand to be corrected on why. But for me, that always said a lot. And I personally highly doubt Howe will want Kennedy there as a reminder of the past years failure. Beating Rangers in the cup, looks unlikely. I can see him remaining in the club, but for Celtic’s sake away from the first team.  
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:33am
Richard Hughes coming in as DoF? What about the Fergal Harkin links?

Rodgers wanted to take Kennedy to Leicester but he remained loyal to Celtic. I've no idea why he's getting criticised by Celtic fans. He's a very good coach from all accounts so hopefully he remains at the club.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:46am
"Beating Rangers in the cup, looks unlikely"

Ffs seriously?
Am I being trolled in here as well?

Edited by tonyjaa - 06 Apr 2021 at 12:02pm
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 12:15pm

Ffs seriously?

I’m being real. Rangers are currently 20 points clear, they won the league in March. I mean, it doesn’t stream it’ll be a close contest. Celtic are yet to beat Rangers this season, home or away. 
There’s a reason Howe is coming. This is the issue with much of the Celtic support, there’s an unwillingness to accept just how poor they were/currently are this season. 

Edited by TigerRoll - 06 Apr 2021 at 12:16pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Richard Hughes coming in as DoF? What about the Fergal Harkin links?

Rodgers wanted to take Kennedy to Leicester but he remained loyal to Celtic. I've no idea why he's getting criticised by Celtic fans. He's a very good coach from all accounts so hopefully he remains at the club.
It is hard to tell how good or bad Kennedy is, but any manager needs to be allowed full control of his backroom staff. It just undermines him otherwise.
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 2:06pm

Interesting to see him at work. Very hands on. 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

Ffs seriously?

I’m being real. Rangers are currently 20 points clear, they won the league in March. I mean, it doesn’t stream it’ll be a close contest. Celtic are yet to beat Rangers this season, home or away. 
There’s a reason Howe is coming. This is the issue with much of the Celtic support, there’s an unwillingness to accept just how poor they were/currently are this season. 

U are at it lol
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 3:41pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 3:55pm
4pm ko?
Daft

Edited by tonyjaa - 06 Apr 2021 at 3:55pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 3:58pm

4pm ko?
Daft

Crazy ko time.
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:43pm
And so it begins. The constant linking of Howes former players. Joshua King this time. A good replacement for Edouard but I’m confident a club in England will sign him. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:44pm

And so it begins. The constant linking of Howes former players. Joshua King this time. A good replacement for Edouard but I’m confident a club in England will sign him. 

Did Everton not in January?
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Did Everton not in January?

It was a 6 month deal. He’s free to go where he pleases, and I doubt he’s staying in Liverpool. The Joshua King of pre Everton would be a fantastic signing for Howe. And begin the clear out of deadwood, which there is plenty.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:13am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 8:32pm
SSN are saying Eddie Howe is not close to joining Celtic.

Edited by Double Maxim - 07 Apr 2021 at 8:36pm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:20am
"LEIGH GRIFFITHS fears he is on a countdown to being FREED by Celtic in the summer — with Aberdeen waiting in the wings.

SunSport can reveal the striker is waiting for a decision on a one-year option which would keep him at Parkhead until the summer of 2022.

It’s understood the deadline for the extension — worth close to £1 million to Griffiths — is April 30.

If Celtic inform him they are not taking up the option he will be able to exit on a free transfer at the end of the season.

That would attract keen interest, including from Aberdeen where the frontman’s close pal Scott Brown is heading to become player-assistant manager this summer.

Griffiths’ beloved Hibs could also be attracted by the idea of taking him back to Easter Road."

If true, Hibs or Aberdeen await
18k wage drop down to around 6k absolute tops at one of those clubs

The new Derek Riordan

Edited by tonyjaa - 08 Apr 2021 at 9:26am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:21am
Freed - lol

Will be glad to get rid of the waster
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 3:37pm
Jonjoe Kenny is such a poor player

It's crazy that English clubs can demand £8mill for mediocrity like that
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17381739174017411742 1928>
  Share Topic