You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16301631163216331634 1928>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 5:32pm
Duffy is exactly what we need - I get scared just looking at photos of him. Maybe it's just me but I think he looks like the most intimidating f**ker- dunno did I say it on this or elsewhere but we can get away with one soft cb, not two. Duffy and Julien would compliment each other very well I think. Never been a fan of Ajer. 

Edited by Reillers88 - 13 Aug 2020 at 5:33pm
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

Johnny Hayes looked a reliable player for Celtic, I think its fair to assume James McClean would be a stand out player in the SPL for Celtic. It seems inevitable to me, sooner rather than latter McClean will be in Glasgow. 

Stand out player? Get to f**k.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 13 Aug 2020 at 7:07pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 7:51pm
He may not be stand out but im sure he would do fine. He may lose the plot in an old firm game tho. All of them as im sure he would be targeted to the max Angry
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

He may not be stand out but im sure he would do fine. He may lose the plot in an old firm game tho. All of them as im sure he would be targeted to the max Angry

How many reds has McClean got?

I'm fairly sure he's never got one for Ireland in the 65 games he played for us.

And I don't recall him being sent off at club level, but I'm sure he was at some stage.

There is a lot of exaggeration about McClean here in fairness.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Johnny Hayes looked a reliable player for Celtic, I think its fair to assume James McClean would be a stand out player in the SPL for Celtic. It seems inevitable to me, sooner rather than latter McClean will be in Glasgow. 

He was Stokes player of the year in a league 10 times superior than the SPL. He’d stand out in the SPL. He’s better than Hayes or Forrest. He works hard, he’s dedicated and passionate. People get far too caught up in his IRA antics. Duffy mourned the loss of McGuinness in a city where the IRA done serious damage, yet the world moved on. Not for James.

Edited by Olaf - 13 Aug 2020 at 9:22pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 10:50pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

He was Stokes player of the year in a league 10 times superior than the SPL. He’d stand out in the SPL. He’s better than Hayes or Forrest. He works hard, he’s dedicated and passionate. People get far too caught up in his IRA antics. Duffy mourned the loss of McGuinness in a city where the IRA done serious damage, yet the world moved on. Not for James.

Olaf, I have two words for you! shut the f**k up.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 11:04pm
He wouldn’t stand out at all in the SPFL and he’ll never sign for Celtic I think, and hope 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 13 Aug 2020 at 11:05pm
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 11:25pm

Your assumptons on the Serie A thread about the outcome of next seasons title being decided on the characteristics of the Juve and Inters managers makes more sense than this. If McClean is ever in Glasgow playing football again its because we are playing Scotland   
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 5:32am
French club Amiens are in for Bolingoli. They want him on loan with an option to buy at £2.3 million at the end of the loan. Sounds good to me. Barry Douglas of Leeds has been tipped as a likely replacement-not so good. Paddy Power has Shane Duffy at 4-6 to join Celtic, 13-10 to sign for West Brom, other clubs significantly longer odds. Ajeti is said to have had a major fall-out with David Moyes, which is why he couldn't get a game at West Ham even when they had no other fit forwards.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 6:56am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

French club Amiens are in for Bolingoli. They want him on loan with an option to buy at £2.3 million at the end of the loan. Sounds good to me. Barry Douglas of Leeds has been tipped as a likely replacement-not so good. Paddy Power has Shane Duffy at 4-6 to join Celtic, 13-10 to sign for West Brom, other clubs significantly longer odds. Ajeti is said to have had a major fall-out with David Moyes, which is why he couldn't get a game at West Ham even when they had no other fit forwards.

I'd love the Duffer to sign for Celtic but can't see it happening.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 8:19am

Would Barry Douglas not be a decent signing for Celtic and also one that made sense for both parties? I know he didn't feature too regularly for Leeds last season but he was very good the year Wolves got promoted. Not sure if Celtic have a decent set piece taker at the moment but he'd also be a good option for those too.
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Would Barry Douglas not be a decent signing for Celtic and also one that made sense for both parties? I know he didn't feature too regularly for Leeds last season but he was very good the year Wolves got promoted. Not sure if Celtic have a decent set piece taker at the moment but he'd also be a good option for those too.

Apparently he supports the team that plays out of Ibrox. I know several fans of each club has played for the other side, but there was some suggestion that Douglas wouldnt be keen on the move. 

I thought Bolingoli was bad until Taylor came along. Havent seen much of Douglas but surely would be an upgrade on those two. 
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 9:54am
Hopefully Bolingoli is hit with every punishment possible todayAngry
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 11:07am
However, Beni Huggel, the former Basel and Switzerland midfielder who now works as a pundit with national broadcaster SRF in his homeland, believes Celtic should be delighted to have secured the services of his compatriot.

Huggel was a player at St Jakob Park when Ajeti was coming through the youth ranks there and he immediately recognised a special talent. He has not been at all surprised to see him go on and flourish for both club and country since. He has no doubts the forward will do well in the coming months.
“Albian is a skilful guy,” he said. “He has a lot of determination and a good mindset. He always wants to win, always wants to get the most he can out of a game. He is also good technically and can shoot with both feet. He isn’t the tallest striker, just six foot or so. But he is a good header of the ball.
“He plays with a lot of emotion. When he was at Basel the fans loved him because he always gave the impression of giving everything that he had for the team. He had a great attitude. I think the Celtic supporters will like him.
“Albian is of Albanian descent. After the war in Yugoslavia in the 1990s a lot of people from the Balkan states moved to Switzerland and a lot of Albanians live here now. They have a different style from Swiss people, but they are accepted. They are hard workers. That is certainly a trait of Albian’s play.

“He had a lot of good games with Basel and won his move to West Ham. But he has had a lot of competition for a place in England and hasn’t played. The Premier League is the biggest in the world. Sometimes that happens in football.
“I think going to Celtic is a good step for him. They are a big club and are always at the top of the league. He will get a lot of chances to score there. He is a really good striker and should take them.”
Many Celtic fans are keen to see Lennon return to the twin strikeforce that caused their domestic rivals so many problems when they came back after the winter break last season. Huggel feels Ajeti is perfectly suited to that system.
“Albian is at his best when he is playing in a two man front line with another striker,” he said. “He senses where space is between the centre half and the right or left back or the defence and the defensive midfielders. He can play as a lone striker in a 4-3-3, but he is better in a 3-5-2.”
Ajeti’s unhappy stint at the London Stadium – he only featured in 12 first team games for West Ham and failed to find the target in any of them after his £8m transfer – has jeopardised his place in the Switzerland side.
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 4:28pm
Kieran Gibbs the latest name linked. No idea what his form has been like, but I'm at the stage where I think any left back will be an upgrade. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 5:14pm
Gibbs would certainly do well in the SPL. I'm slightly surprised that West Brom would consider letting him go, he's looked good for them any time I've seen them. Still only 30 and top level experience with Arsenal and England previously, just the sort of guy you'd think they'd want around coming up on promotion. He has been savaged by that entirely reasonable pundit Roy Keane in the past, but then who hasn't.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 11:19pm
Well this seems to be gathering pace this evening....
Have received 2 texts (ohhhhhhh) from 2 different folk from Derry tonight saying the Duffy move is very much on!
None other than Duffys fellow Derryman (well technically Kilrea-man) Martin O'Neill is a big influence on the move and has had talks with Shane about the club

That could also back what i've read elsewhere with folk saying at the start of the week that O'Neill was coming in as Director Of Football
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 12:21am
Odds on Celtic have shortened tonight to 8-11,with West Brom and West Ham both now at 4-1.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16301631163216331634 1928>
  Share Topic