Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jermain Pennant for Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 2:48pm

Ya shouldnt need to wait until your 21 to decide if your Irish its a privilege Thumbs%20Up  Surprised the "Granny Rule" is so relaxed really when you think about it....I was calling for Stephen Ireland to be brought back in if he changed his attitude and retracted his comments , but it didnt go down to well even though he is one of our own and he is a very good player!!! Id never question any players commitment to the Irish side until he"s been given a proper chance , the difference in case"s of Lawerence ala Pennant without seeing him don the Irish Jersey before his international career even could take flight with us , he"s f**ked himself up already with his comments he"s doing it for the wrong reasons....

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Absolute smokescreen for stalling to see how things pan out for him. I have no problem with second generation Irish playing for us. This chap is taking the piss out of us.
I presume you mean O'Hara, because as far as I can gather this is the first instance of Pennant making himself available?

Your post implies that you have a problem with third generation Irish declaring for us? Why?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Absolute smokescreen for stalling to see how things pan out for him. I have no problem with second generation Irish playing for us. This chap is taking the piss out of us.
I presume you mean O'Hara, because as far as I can gather this is the first instance of Pennant making himself available?

Your post implies that you have a problem with third generation Irish declaring for us? Why?

Yes I mean O'Hara. No problem with any generation.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 3:54pm
Re:Green.

He came on board discreetly and earner his place in the squad. None of this sh*te going to the media etc and kept his mouth shut.

Not a massive fan of him myself but you cant question his commitment or his character. (only his abilityLOL).

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 4:04pm

Dont think 3rd generation are eligible, stops at granparents doesnt it?
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 4:10pm
Huh?

First generation - born in Ireland
Second generation - parent born in Ireland
Third generation - grandparent born in Ireland

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by henry shefflin henry shefflin wrote:

green devil my point is if you havnt decided by the time your 21 that your irish its tough luck and piss off!

The thing is, what happens if you didn't know you were good enough to play international football before you were 21, you were a late developer. Then you are 25 and second generation irish but you haven't informed FIFA before then you want to play for Ireland

Edited by t_rAndy - 09 Mar 2011 at 4:38pm
henry shefflin View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry shefflin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 4:52pm
maybe change back the rule once you play at any age for a country thats it?i know we wouldnt have clark then,but they have to do something or this will become a farce!of course the fai could just say o,hara and penant are not welcome we are not been used as 2nd choice!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 5:08pm
Re : Horsebox

Look Green shouldnt be put in a position to play , he did well in the summer friendly"s but was shown up against Armenia??? Paul Green hasnt said he dreamed of playing for us , he hasnt said he grew up with green , white and gold running through his vains and that Liam Brady was his hero just so fans would warm to him which he should be commended for that Clap...But ability aside he went about it the right way , Pennant has gone about it totally the wrong way about it...

Jamie O"Hara "rejected" a call up he had his chance Ouch
Ciaran Clarke switched from England to Ireland in a heart-beat Clap

Now im not a genius but whether or not you"ve grown up in Ireland as fully Irish or in England for arguement sake and you see yourself as English/Irish or Irish/English , you get offered a chance to play international football with the country of your family can you give the same commitment as you would for England??? Townsend , Aldo , Lawerence , McCarthy , Kilbane etc etc all did so whether or not these guys all grew up cheering and dreaming of playing for Ireland is prob 50-50 , Pennant a mercenary we dont need him or O"Hara even though if they had the right attitude towards us id take them....But now no???

Edited by Green Devil - 09 Mar 2011 at 5:19pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 6:26pm

Huh?

I thought it was

1st Generation irish  - Born to irish parents outside of ireland

Suppose it doesnt really make a diff, but is it grandparents as far as yo can go back to represent ireland?
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Huh?

I thought it was

1st Generation Irish  - Born to Irish parents outside of Ireland

Suppose it doesnt really make a diff, but is it grandparents as far as yo can go back to represent ireland?

This is correct. Irish and Ireland both have capital letters btw, fixed that for ya Wink
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 2:19am
Just a point here, you cant really compare the Houghton/Sheedy/Townsend situation with Pennant/O'Hara/Clarke! For one the media hype wasnt as big, who is to say that Townsend didnt take 4/5 months to decide? We didnt have a forum where know-it-alls knew the inside line or "knew" the family. How about McAteer, he did say he was eligible for 2-3 nations and took time to think about it, he went on to sccre one of the most important goals in Irish history. People need to take a step back and realise there is no loyalty in football, there hasnt been for 20-30 years!

Edited by scottyccfc - 10 Mar 2011 at 2:20am
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 2:31am
Jack went to see Aldridge playing for oxford utd. He knew he had an irish grandparent. Meanwhile during the game he learned that Houghton was also eligible and was impressed because he had a good game.  Straight after the game Jack went to see them downstairrs. Jack said 'John would you like to play for Ireland?' Aldridge said ''I'd be delighted!''  Houghton was the same. They didnt fanny about and if they had Jack would have told them where to go.  Since Ive been on here all I hear from tuff is O'Hara needs to sort stuff out or he has his reasons or there is paperwork. Blah blah blah.  1 year later still no decision. During this time of indecision O'Hara decided to take on the role of the head of 'England Fans' club during the world cup.This O'Hara chap has made his bed. Now he can lie in it.

Edited by Trap junior - 10 Mar 2011 at 2:39am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 2:58am
So much shooting the messenger on here it cracks me up and so much bitterness. Do you all live in Cork?
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 3:58am
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

So much shooting the messenger on here it cracks me up and so much bitterness. Do you all live in Cork?

Do who all live in Cork?

Edit: You know what Im fed up of you having a go at Cork all the time, thats the third time now, Ive let it go but enough is enough I will bite. Does it matter where I live or where Im from? At least I still live here I suppose, I didnt turn my back on this place unlike some!

Edited by scottyccfc - 10 Mar 2011 at 4:01am
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 4:37am
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

Do who all live in Cork?

Edit: You know what Im fed up of you having a go at Cork all the time, thats the third time now, Ive let it go but enough is enough I will bite. Does it matter where I live or where Im from? At least I still live here I suppose, I didnt turn my back on this place unlike some!

Pretty poor comment, plenty left as there was fcuk all work here at the time, something that the present generation will be experiencing unfortunately
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 4:45am
Yeah I saw Red, point taken.
I will say if he can give out smart comments about Cork and its people we can give just as much back! He shouldnt be making comments like that! And yes I shouldnt either!
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 4:54am
i left because i wanted to ! and the young irish kids over here in london are doing well from what i can see , hard to feel sorry for them  , its fellas my age stuck with massive mortgages at home i feel sorry for..

but again the rules are the rules , pennant qualifies , its up to trap to pick him , fellas coming on here talking about pride... oh dear....

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic