Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aiden McGeady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 203204205206207 220>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

POTY at what clubs in what leagues ?

He was at Everton for 3 years (i think).

But yes my opinion, never rated him.
Did you celebrate his goals against Georgia? Genuine question as I have a mate who has the same hate for him as you and I clearly remember him refusing to celebrate.
Of course I did, silly question.

In an Irish fan first and foremost.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I would agree with you here Het-Field. My post would be based on lads laughing at the idea of a call up and when you can compare players in his positions form for their clubs, then it's actually not laughable. 

I don't think Kenny will be selecting him in our future squads and would be more likely to pick a player he has worked with from the under 21s 

I firmly believe there is a fair debate to be had, in this case. Looking across the population of Irish players available, I'm not sure I have ever seen a group which is as out of form, injured, or "m'eh" in all my life. It is one of those moments where every single potential avenue should be considered. And in that instance, there is a debate for McGeady.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 8:15pm
MOTM again for Sunderland tonight as they book another Wembley final. Different class at this level. Decent night for Tony Scully as well, took his goal well for Lincoln.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 8:21pm
The 'older generation' Clap
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 8:22pm
Another assist, this time for Aiden O'Brien. He's creating chances, albeit at a low enough level, but it's more than any of our other attacking players are doing at the moment.
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Another assist, this time for Aiden O'Brien. He's creating chances, albeit at a low enough level, but it's more than any of our other attacking players are doing at the moment.

Id have him in the squad anyway 
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:15pm
I think he should be in the squad, would have no problems with him getting 20 mins or so from the bench in a tight march match
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:24pm
Great to see McGeady playing well. It’s an interesting one whether he should be in the squad or now. A lot of the talk when Kenny got the job was that he was going to bring the young talent through. Now it seems a lot aren’t willing to give him that time to bring the younger players through and want instant results. With regards to calling McGeady, he is in good form better than the likes of Curtis who’s at the same standard but it’s not in keeping with what Kenny was appointed for. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Great to see McGeady playing well. It’s an interesting one whether he should be in the squad or now. A lot of the talk when Kenny got the job was that he was going to bring the young talent through. Now it seems a lot aren’t willing to give him that time to bring the younger players through and want instant results. With regards to calling McGeady, he is in good form better than the likes of Curtis who’s at the same standard but it’s not in keeping with what Kenny was appointed for. 
But the young players aren't good enough none of them putting up their hands for selection 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:32pm
McGeady's obviously not a long term solution but if we were struggling to break down Luxembourg (not that far fetched a scenario the way we're going) realistically McGeady would be the kind of player you'd want to turn to on the bench to give you something different in the last 20 minutes of a game.

I'd have him in the squad personally, but I suspect Kenny will want to move on from him.

Edited by You Tell Me - 23 Feb 2021 at 10:33pm
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

But the young players aren't good enough none of them putting up their hands for selection 
Knight, Molumby, Cullen, O Shea, Connolly and possibly Idah and Parrott will all be in the squad. I wouldn’t be against him in the squad but calling up a player who is nearly 35 is it really the right call?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:37pm

Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

[QUOTE=Donegalman]Great to see McGeady playing well. It’s an interesting one whether he should be in the squad or now. A lot of the talk when Kenny got the job was that he was going to bring the young talent through. Now it seems a lot aren’t willing to give him that time to bring the younger players through and want instant results. With regards to calling McGeady, he is in good form better than the likes of Curtis who’s at the same standard but it’s not in keeping with what Kenny was appointed for. 
Knight, Molumby, Cullen, O Shea, Connolly and possibly Idah and Parrott will all be in the squad. I wouldn’t be against him in the squad but calling up a player who is nearly 35 is it really the right call?
[/QUOTE
But the thing is Idah Molumby idah and Parrott have all benn very poor this season versus a player in great form]
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 8:56am
Idah and Parrott aren't good enough (yet).

They should continue their development with the u21's,

Also none of those players listed play in the same position as McGeady!

Josh Cullen is 25 in a few weeks - hardly a youngster

Edited by horsebox - 24 Feb 2021 at 8:57am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:02am
Agreed.
Where would we play McGeady in our 433?
As the advanced of the 3 mids I assume?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:04am
Where is he playing for Sunderland? In the hole?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:09am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Where is he playing for Sunderland? In the hole?

Usually starts out playing wide but also plays in the middle up front at times bit of a free role on occasions.

His cross for Aidan O'Brien's goal last night was superb.

Edited by Double Maxim - 24 Feb 2021 at 9:18am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:47am
Great to see him enjoying an Indian summer. Our most talented and most in-form player. Get him in the squad Kenny. Curtis etc couldn't lace his boots.
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:55am
Should easily be in the squad, should have been over the last years too. He’s a player who actually creates and makes sh*t happen. Something you can’t say of basically anyone else in the Irish set up. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 203204205206207 220>
  Share Topic