Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fans charity fundraiser - Headway Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fans charity fundraiser - Headway Ireland
    Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 9:43am
Right folks Headway Ireland is the chosen charity

There will be a bucket collection on Tuesday and every player and fan who wants a sponsorship card will get one

We will talk to the FAI and hopefully present the cheque at half time at the last game of the Celtic Cup in Aviva

Anyone who won't make it Tuesday can donate online

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/ybig_nationscup/
Sponsored Links

soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 10:40am
Can posters please use Facebook status and Twitter to highlight this using text below?
Ireland fans choose Headway as chosen charity for Fans Carling Nations Cup. http://www.mycharity.ie/event/ybig_nationscup/

flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 3:22pm
My mother just donated €22 and my friend donated €10

Great start
GWAN YBIG
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 8:35am

soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 8:57am
PRESS RELEASE sent out this afternoon to all media.

The Carling Nations Cup kicks off today (Tuesday February 9) in the Aviva Stadium when the Republic of Ireland take on Wales while on Wednesday the two other competing nations, Northern Ireland and Scotland, face each other.

In order to foster and further develop good relations, supporters of each country have agreed to play each other in a Fans competition, sponsored by Carling, to run in tandem and this too will kick off on Tuesday at Irishtown Stadium when the fans of the Republic host Wales at 1.30pm. On Wednesday, Northern Ireland play Scotland at the same venue and start time.

The Republic of Ireland supporters will be represented by a squad of 18 chosen after a trial game in late January organised and promoted by members of You Boys in Green fans website – www.ybig.ie

Each country has chosen a charity to support and the Republic of Ireland have selected Headway Ireland, a charity that supports those with an Acquired Brain Injury - www.Headway.ie

Sponsorship cards have been given to each player and a fund-raising target of €1000 has been set. As an incentive all participants will be provided with a special memento of the game in the form of a 20cm X 30cm squad photo along with a similar sized action shot, something they can frame and recall in years to come of the day they represented their country as an international footballer.

For further information, please call ********
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 9:44am
Good work Soccerc and Gerk.

The photo's will be a good touch
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 10:00am
Bob make the press release a story on the home pageThumbs%20Up
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 10:01am
ay: homepage and facebook notified

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 07 Feb 2011 at 10:18am
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 10:11am
Tremendous. Clap
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
ScruffyR View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScruffyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 10:12am
Originally posted by flickYBIG flickYBIG wrote:

My mother just donated €22 and my friend donated €10

Great start

ClapClapClap
"Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
ericdogg View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 10:50am
Will be hittin everyone i know for this! Thumbs%20Up
International Caps - 7

International Goals - 1
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 12:52pm
Lads, is the link down?
Wont open for me?

Oops! Internet Explorer could not connect to www.mycharity.ie

Suggestions:

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 1:29pm
Link is a bit slow McG, stay patient, it will open.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 2:33pm
Great response on twitter.. Rachel wyse Matt holland Dan Mcdonnell and Padraig amond all retweeted my post
GWAN YBIG
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 2:44pm

Great response on twitter.. Rachel wyse Matt holland Dan Mcdonnell and Padraig amond all retweeted my post

What does that mean to a non twitter user?

flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

What does that mean to a non twitter user?

Spread awareness of us raising money to all their followers.. Which makes a difference considering they have several thousand followers where as I have 65
GWAN YBIG
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 2:50pm
Not promising anything just yet but looks like we are in TV rights negotiations Wink

I can now confirm that TV3 Sports will be along to get a few shots for their spot in the 5:30 news slot

Edited by soccerc - 07 Feb 2011 at 3:17pm
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Not promising anything just yet but looks like we are in TV rights negotiations Wink

Great stuff SC.Clap

Could you get a Headway banner to put up on "the cage" opposite any camera(s) to raise awareness Thumbs%20Up
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic