You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keiren Westwood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 51>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 11:51am
If he went to Seria A and started growing his hair and wearing a head band, he might end up with a wife like Buffon's

http://ijannina.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/alena-buffon.jpg

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Alena-Seredova-Gianluigi-Buffon.jpg
Sponsored Links

FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

If he went to Seria A and started growing his hair and wearing a head band, he might end up with a wife like Buffon's

http://ijannina.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/alena-buffon.jpg

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Alena-Seredova-Gianluigi-Buffon.jpg

That's allowed Thumbs%20Up
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

PaulMcGrath View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 3:56pm

Given def the man for the moment but for the first time in a while I don't think that Shay being injured is a complete disaster. Looks like we might have two quality keepers!Smile

Ooh Aah Paul McGrath say ooh aah Pau McGrath
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 5:19pm

When QPR get promoted Paddy Kenny will be playing in the EPL to so heres hoping he gets a recall , if Given doesnt leave Citeh during the summer Westwood has to take over the number 1 spot!!! If Shay gets a move to a lower EPL team or even if he gets a random notion to play in the MLS or wherever he'll get games week in week out id have him number 1....

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
awaythelads View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awaythelads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 6:11pm
I've been watching Westwood improve at Coventry during the past couple of years. He is definitely EPL standard and will be a great replacement for Given. That said, I'd rather that Given remains as our first choice for the next couple of seasons allowing Westwood to mature a bit more.
Westwood is certainly getting lots of practice at The Ricoh thanks to a dodgy defence (ok, also a dodgy midfield and a dodgy attack).   He would have been at an EPL team last season, but Coventry couldn't get any money for him due to his short contract. I suspect he may go to a 'big' club, possibly as their second choice keeper, which isn't the best for Ireland.
www.awaythelads.com
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 5:34am
I'd prefer him to go to an EPL club then to Celtic anyway - the higher the level he's playing at the better obviously.

I do fear for Shay's future though. He's now banjaxed both his shoulders which is clearly a pretty big problem for a 'keeper - I'm afraid he's going to be very injury prone during the twilight of his career. I hope I'm wrong of course, but I don't think it looks great. And his club situation hardly helps either.
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 5:41am
Apparently Leeds have made an early approach for him - Which I would beleive as I have heard rumours that Kasper Schmeichel is off to Villa for 5m - and of course he is the perfect price for Leeds....free.

Even though I am a Leeds fan I wouldnt be sure its the best move. Premier League is where he should be although it would be better than going to someone like Wigan etc IMO. Villa or Sunderland off the top of my head may want him
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 11:26am
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6940575,00.html

Everton and Leicester apparently going at it for him, it's a tough call. He could potentially be the Toffee's number 1, but if Howard's stays on form he could face sitting on the bench all season. A number 1 place guaranteed with Sven and a promotion push, although risk involved with that as well.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 12:24pm
Just wonder does he regret not choosing England now? There would only been Hart ahead of him and he was poor at times this year
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 12:26pm
Its simple really if Everton want him that badly , Westwood will have to ask Moyes will he start the season as number if not Leicester would be a superb option.....This move could define his career for the better or the worse , he is a big fish in a small pond at Coventry!!! Howard has had a good solid season again so its hard to know where he will end up!!!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Just wonder does he regret not choosing England now? There would only been Hart ahead of him and he was poor at times this year

He was playing at Carlisle when we noticed him Clonbhoy he never had the option to play for England while he was down in League 1, sure there was Foster , Hart , James , Robinson and Carson ahead of him 2 years back!!! Im sure he's over the moon to be our future number 1 Clap

farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 3:05pm
wouldnt be surprised if someone like norwich were intrested in him aswell your man ruddy has looked dodgy at times this season
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 3:07pm
yeah norwich would be a good move for him definately.
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 10:13am

Sunderland are set to open talks with the Coventry City goalkeeper Keiren Westwood before the weekend.

Westwood is available on a free transfer and, with knee trouble likely to sideline Craig Gordon until late autumn, Steve Bruce is keen to sign Westwood as competition for his young Belgian goalkeeper Simon Mignolet.

Bruce has said he hopes to make "eight or nine" new signings this summer and already has his eye on another free transfer, Birmingham City's Seb Larsson.

Wigan Athletic's Charles N'Zogbia, also admired by Newcastle United, remains one of his prime targets, with the Blackpool pair David Vaughan and DJ Campbell also on the list.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 6:19pm
Westwood has all but signed for Sunderland Thumbs Up

wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Good move for himClap
Doyler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
AKA James McCarthy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 4:24am
Originally posted by wrestler313 wrestler313 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Good move for himClap

Will he get regular footballl at Sunderland?
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 4:57am
Blessed to have quality keepers. In a much stronger position than a lot of countries.

Hopefully he is going there as number 1.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 51>
  Share Topic