Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keiren Westwood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 51>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keiren Westwood
    Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 12:12am
With the Coventry Goalie being linked to EPL clubs over the transfer window surely a move in the summer will be a huge boost for himself and Ireland....I think we"re extremely lucky to have this guy as back up for Shay as he"s only 26 and still has so much time to get even better , im annoyed with Trap that he nevers brings him on in games because as its been pointed out Given wont always be around and nor will he always be fit...Just little things like that irrate me about Don Gio but otherwise he"s a legend and no doubt he"ll get us to Poland / Ukraine 2012 Big%20smile

Edited by Green Devil - 03 Feb 2011 at 12:12am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 8:18am
Keiren Westwood is seriously being linked to Newcastle...

What club would you like to see him end up at???
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Anyone but Newcastle.... Is the correct answer!
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 8:26am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Dont know, Newcastle didnt do Shay much harm from an Ireland point of view. Better he goes there than sit on a bench somewhere else.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 10:49am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

+1

Newcastle would be a terrible move for him.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
mccarticus View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mccarticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 11:23am
If Reina does leave liverpool, then there i reckon!
Sheedy wins it back, Sheedy shoots....
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 3:24pm
Shay is a legend , But i'm really starting to believe Westwood should be our new no.1.
PaulMcGrath View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 5:16pm
I have no allegiance to any Prem club but would hate him to go to Newcastle. Especially after the Hughton sacking - been very bad for Irish players! Remember Given was not always first choice - there were times when Harper was Confused. Any other team who will give him a start and if possible won't be mired in the relegation zone!
Ooh Aah Paul McGrath say ooh aah Pau McGrath
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by PaulMcGrath PaulMcGrath wrote:

I have no allegiance to any Prem club but would hate him to go to Newcastle. Especially after the Hughton sacking - been very bad for Irish players! Remember Given was not always first choice - there were times when Harper was Confused. Any other team who will give him a start and if possible won't be mired in the relegation zone!
Only time I remember Harper getting a run in the side when Shay was available was at the start of Big Sam's reign, and he was back first choice after a few games.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 3:52am
West wood looks a great find regardless of where he goes
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 6:33am
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Shay is a legend , But i'm really starting to believe Westwood should be our new no.1.

same as that

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 6:50am

Love him to go to Celtic.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
superdfc View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superdfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 8:09am
linked with celtic....hes on a free too aint he
FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 10:23am

Hold the horses there Paulo. You have to back up a statement like that.........
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 10:44am

admittedly this could be a bit hasty as shay has been great, and injured/not playing this year, but i feel the same
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 10:58am
Originally posted by wrestler313 wrestler313 wrote:

admittedly this could be a bit hasty as shay has been great, and injured/not playing this year, but i feel the same

But on what basis ? Westwood is still playing Championship football at the end of the day and this is at a time when there are a few very dodgy keepers getting games in the Premiership. Given has been probably the best 'keeper in the Premiership for the past 10-12 years and while he is not getting game time now, I don't think you can drop him for a guy that is not playing top division football. Westwood has been getting good reviews for a couple of seasons now and still hasn't made the move to the top flight yet, he is 26 after all so he would want to be making the move now. If Westwood was getting a regular game for a decent top flight side I think this argument would have merit but Given has been excellent for us almost without fail.

If Given goes in favour of a guy that is getting regular football then arguably so does half of the rest of the team.
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 11:13am
I hope he doesn't go to celtic. Would rather our important players to be playing in top leagues like the EPL.

It would be great if Trap could pimp him to a Serie A club.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

I hope he doesn't go to celtic. Would rather our important players to be playing in top leagues like the EPL.

It would be great if Trap could pimp him to a Serie A club.

He'll probably end up earing a fookin' snood or a head band then like half the other poncey Italian 'keepers!

But hopefully he'll be somewhere decent next season. Could be a potentially seamless handover from Given in 2-3 years time if that was the case. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 51>
  Share Topic