You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bertie and his fookin bowl. f**k OFF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 10:05am
what a diaster the bowl would have been , traipsing out to feckin middle of nowhere  for games , at least mary harney did one thing right by kyboshing it
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
KrisMorrisKross View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisMorrisKross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 4:18pm
A Thief and a Liar. f**k Him
Back o' the Net !
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

This man really is a disgraceful coont
Does he have a bank account these days?
I suppose he doesnt get as many bulky brown paper envelopes anymore so he probably has one
He literally blagged his way through an entire political career and got to the summit of irish politics through lies and deceit
If he had any level of decency he would keep his trap shut
That could only happen in this kip

Probably the only time I will agree with you Ken Clap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 3:11am
Lads, anyone have an idea where I’d get a a peek at the original plan/layout/map for Stadium Ireland/Bertie Bowl? Just reading up on the whole Abbotstown House/Estate and trying to figure out exactly whereabouts the stadium would have been situated on what is now the NSC. I have googled various searches but can only see images of the actual stadium and not where it was to be located on the site as such. 

brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 4:18am
Bertie was asked about were he was on the night he received a brown envelope, and he said that's impossible I wasn't there, I was I tolka watching shels v bohs and after that I went to fagans and and had a few pints of bass, and stoped off for a bag of chipsSmileSmile

Edited by brissy - 23 Feb 2021 at 4:21am
brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 4:26am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Lads, anyone have an idea where I’d get a a peek at the original plan/layout/map for Stadium Ireland/Bertie Bowl? Just reading up on the whole Abbotstown House/Estate and trying to figure out exactly whereabouts the stadium would have been situated on what is now the NSC. I have googled various searches but can only see images of the actual stadium and not where it was to be located on the site as such. 

it was out in wasteland off m50 I think, not sure
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 5:35am
Originally posted by brissy brissy wrote:

You misunderstand, I know the area, its where the aquatic centre, FAI HQ, National Indoor Arena amongst others are all located now. Im looking for a more specific location as to where on the site the stadium was to be built. Its a big area and it wasn’t wasteland as such but mostly greenfield as in estate lands. A number of state labs were there prior to the Sports Campus and the estate house I mentioned belonging to the Baron of Abbotstown was and is still there although boarded up now. Connolly Hospital, St. Francis Hospice as well as Waterville housing development all now stand on grounds thats were originally part of this estate. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:30pm
Possibly where the FAI have there training pitches now.

Just a guess assuming that land allocated to the FAI and other sites close by allocated to other sports.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Possibly where the FAI have there training pitches now.

Just a guess assuming that land allocated to the FAI and other sites close by allocated to other sports.
Yeah but I think the diversity of sports now on campus wasn’t in the original plans going by some of what I have managed to find online.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:25pm
Is there buried treasure there?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Is there buried treasure there?
LOL given that it was the site of some state labs, there could well be stuff buried alright but I doubt its treasure.
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:41am
Not sure where the bowl was going to be lobbed, but it's an unbelievable campus now to be fair. I've been up to the indoor track and the cross country course a good few times when the missus has been racing and the setup is as good as anywhere in Europe. the new indoor pitches look amazing as well. 

only bad thing is the traffic getting in there for big events can be  a sh1tshow, as it's the same turn off as the blanch shopping centre. 

also, glad the bowl didn't go ahead. we've all been too enough soul-less generic stadiums way outside city centers on Ireland trips. there's a lot to be said for having a stadium within walking distance of the middle of town (and all the boozers)
Touts Out!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:48am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Not sure where the bowl was going to be lobbed, but it's an unbelievable campus now to be fair. I've been up to the indoor track and the cross country course a good few times when the missus has been racing and the setup is as good as anywhere in Europe. the new indoor pitches look amazing as well. 

only bad thing is the traffic getting in there for big events can be  a sh1tshow, as it's the same turn off as the blanch shopping centre. 

also, glad the bowl didn't go ahead. we've all been too enough soul-less generic stadiums way outside city centers on Ireland trips. there's a lot to be said for having a stadium within walking distance of the middle of town (and all the boozers)

Not to mention our home stadium, which is it wasn't for the pubs nearby, would have no redeeming features whatsoever.

Even though the campus is very close to home for me, it would have been a disaster if either of the proposed stadiums went ahead. Imagine trying to get to Saggart on a Tuesday night for a qualifier or a play-off.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:05am
More stadiums the better soccer share with rugby and gaa do there own thing, government need to pump more money into sport

Edited by brissy - 24 Feb 2021 at 11:06am
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by brissy brissy wrote:

Is wasteland a term you use because its not built on or because you're a f**king idiot?  
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 10:21pm

Stadium was due to be built in this spot

This wasn't the final plan but was the proposed layout for the area

Edited by Shedite - 24 Feb 2021 at 10:22pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:27pm
Great stuff, cheers Thumbs Up
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 11:30pm

Great stuff, cheers Thumbs Up
I'll bring the shovels and the gold washer tomorrow!Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic