FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Hoops Stadium

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Hoops Stadium
    Posted: 01 Aug 2007 at 2:08pm
Seen an article durin the week that theres a possibility that Rovers could be playin in Tallaght by next March. Their lawyers have said that this wouldnt interfere with the court order that Thomas Davis has put on them.  All parties met last week sometime but I haven't heard of any definite outcome yet.  
They are talkin about completing the stand that's already  up ..... and this won't affect any alterations to the pitch size in the future to accomodate senior GAA.... Junior Gaa would be playable.

ITS COSTIN THE COUNCIL E19,000 A MONTH AT THE MOMENT................MADNESS  

I'd personally cut the grass down there with a fckin push mower for E2,000 a month if they want!
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy
Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2007 at 2:28pm
Madness all round, it'll be very interesting to see what Thos Davis (cough/spit) reckon on SRFC's very reasonable proposal.   If they turn it down, then we'll know they're even worse cnuts than they've already shown themselves to be.  Full press release on that is on the Hoops website.  As all Hoops fans say, we'll believe when the first ball is kicked and Percy's finished with the mower.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2007 at 2:59pm
would ye do it with a nail clippers for 2 grand a month Percy?
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2007 at 6:34am
Ye if davis object, then everyone knows there is a hidden agenda.
fookin shame all this. was at rovers pats last week and there was nearly 4,000 there. A permanent home would only increase rovers' attendances
Percy View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2007 at 11:26am
shame alright .........especially now that Rovers are doin so well..............count ........ I could get a few of those grazin sheep from the mountains  and sit in the stand with a few cans and tell them i used the clippers.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2007 at 8:42am
LOL lads theres a fella outside westport in mayo who sells lawnmowers , loads of them on display outside his gaff , one day we drove past and there was a goat tied to a stake eating the grass though !
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Saintastic View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 7:53pm
Davis deserve a share of Tallaght in fairness. Rovers are essentially getting a free stadium, it's scandalous.
I'd rather one day as a Saint than a lifetime as a homeless hoop.
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 3:19am
Yeah that true they are getting a free stadium but its feckin stupid.The GAA have been getting money from the government for years this is the first time the LOI have gotten anything.I want rovers in tolka because we need the rent.But seriously for the good of hte league and football rovers need this.They should get somebody like dunphy or giles to campaign for them considering they have rovers roots.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 3:21am
good effort at trying to riall up a few people there Saintastic!Big%20smile
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 5:05am
I'm not taking the bait Saintastic........hold me back......hold me back........
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 9:32am
Ye poor old Davis have nothing and got nothing from the government
Percy View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 4:30pm
dont start saintarsethickSmile
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy
Catman View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2007 at 9:15am
Rovers, and the scum element of thier fanbase do not deserve to be simply handed the keys to a new stadium but why don't TD call a spade a spade and say they are only doing this to piss off "the soccer".Remember this is the shower who said if it comes down to rovers vs td, the gaa would be the last ones standing. Their words.
You couldnt pay me to go to tallght stadium as an away fan, i'd rather holiday in Baghdad

The sequence now is, should he miss this, and Ireland's next penalty is scored, then the match and the progress are Ireland's....Timofte against Bonner..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2007 at 10:08am
Catman with a generalising attitude like that to Rovers, you wouldn't be welcome in Tallaght Stadium, you haven't a clue what you're on about.  End of.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2007 at 10:14am
Have to say I have been to plenty of Rovers games this year and enjoyed every one of them. Greta atmosphere
Catman View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2007 at 10:30am
I wasn't generalising at all. I was saying the scum element of Rovers don't deserve a new stadium handed to them. And also the club don't deserve to be handed a stadium by South Dublin County Council when every other club in the league scrimps and saves just to survuve and make modest ground improvements. I don't see why Rovers deserve it, especially if its a one sports ground.

I too have been to plenty of rovers games. And I genuinely would not like to be an AWAY supporter going to the new stadium. And its largely down to the scum element. I don't have to apologise for that. There's no need to fly off the handle. just take on board my points.

The sequence now is, should he miss this, and Ireland's next penalty is scored, then the match and the progress are Ireland's....Timofte against Bonner..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2007 at 10:41am

Not flying off the handle Catman, but sorry, you generalise in your opening sentence......"Rovers and the Scum element of their fanbase".....looks like a generalisation to me but however.  How can you say they are being handed the keys to a Stadium?  FFS Catman, Rovers have been without a home for 20 years thanks to the hated Kilcoynes, do you think the vast majority of their decent, law abiding and normal fans have enjoyed going to Tolka/RDS/Santry/Richmond Park/Dalymount over the years (the scum element I won't discuss here cos they're not worthy of a discussion).  To say Rovers are being handed a stadium is untrue and shows you don't have the knowledge of what has gone on in this ridiculous and sad situation regarding Tallaght.  Thomas Davis intervention in this at the 11th hour is a disgrace.

No club or its fans scrimped and saved more than Rovers, so much money went into that Stadium it's unbelievable and only for the decent and loyal Rovers fans last year, the club woulda died.  Anyone with any interest in Irish sport will agree that Rovers deserve to finally get a ground to replace Milltown, it's not alot to ask.  I apologise for saying you wouldn't be welcome in Tallaght, give me a shout and I'll keep you away from the scum who infect the great name of Rovers. 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2007 at 10:43am
I can't think of any other club in the WORLD where the fans did something and saved their club
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic