Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Giggs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 11:14pm
this is the bit that bugs me, who says its his duty? wheres the law stating it? and for the record it wasnt in the public eye, it was private

the difference with the gerrard one was that he was facing charges for assault, that is a matter of public interest,  giggs was not facing charges, that is not a matter of public interest, but a matter of interest to the public, theres a difference tho isuspect you wont agree

im not blind to anything horsey, i simply just dont care what he does in his private life, in the same way that i dont care what rooner does with grannys

for talk sake, if the stories about gerrard were true about him knocking up some young wan, would you really care? would you stop supporting him? would you not sing his name if you went to a match? would you respect him any less as a fotballer?

and another thing, the only reason we know about this is because there was money to be made for the newspapers, not because it was of public interest

good night

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 11:16pm
Next United Manager
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 11:19pm
Gerrard is total scum for wanting Phil Collins played 

Anybody who likes Phil Collins is scum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai2j8ZsMgYI
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 11:20pm
Yes I would lose respect as him as a footballer if he did some of the things you mentioned.
I respect Suarez a lot less after some of the things he did over the last 2 months.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Next United Manager

Who Baldrick or Shoco LOL

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 11:22pm
Baldrick - u say you think money was behind it. Surely Ryan Giggs, the most decorated footballer of the modern era, a millionaire many times over, would rather throw his brother and sister-in-law a few quid, than have his image tarnished for the rest of his days. instead of being remembered as the 12 time champion, pfa player of the year, sports personality of the year and gentleman we all thought he was, his legacy in a lot of peoples eyes will be a sneaky rat that was riding his brothers wife.
cant agree with that view that this was all to sell a story

United fans trying to defend Giggs' off field antics Embarrassed
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 9:42am

Im a United fan and tbh it is very hypocritical to turn a blind eye to the whole thing given the slating I for one gave Terry about banging a team mates burd so your brothers wife is worse in fairness....BUT....its Giggsy...the biggest legend in the game...so i dont care what he does off the field!...i was disappointed when it came out...a black spot on what is an unbelievable career....Horsebox is right unfortunately these players are role models and they should set the millions of kids who idolise them the right example but ultimately its up to them....but as Baldrick said its down to your own moral compass if you are not a united fan but if u are a united fan you throw it out the window because its giggs!!...im sure liverpool fans would do the same with Gerrard...Arsenal with VP...im not defending what he did...I just ignore it!!

The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 10:49am
Originally posted by greengiant greengiant wrote:

Im a United fan and tbh it is very hypocritical to turn a blind eye to the whole thing given the slating I for one gave Terry about banging a team mates burd so your brothers wife is worse in fairness....BUT....its Giggsy...the biggest legend in the game...so i dont care what he does off the field!...i was disappointed when it came out...a black spot on what is an unbelievable career....Horsebox is right unfortunately these players are role models and they should set the millions of kids who idolise them the right example but ultimately its up to them....but as Baldrick said its down to your own moral compass if you are not a united fan but if u are a united fan you throw it out the window because its giggs!!...im sure liverpool fans would do the same with Gerrard...Arsenal with VP...im not defending what he did...I just ignore it!!

The Terry situation was different in that it involved a team mate.Still don't think he should have been stripped of the armband or anything like that.I do think anyone who wore a team Terry or teamBridge t-shirt should be flogged in public. In reality anyone who really cares who a footballer is sleeping with is no different to the type of idiot who reads now or watches The Only Way is Essex
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

In reality anyone who really cares who a footballer is sleeping with is no different to the type of idiot who reads now or watches The Only Way is Essex

Nail on the head right there.

Who gives a fook if a player sleeps wit his brother's/teammate's wife/girlfriend/mother/dog, I couldn't give a flying fook what a player gets upto in his private life (except the likes of assault/rape/murder obviously) as long as he does the business on the pitch.

This whole United/Liverpool "my cock is bigger than yours" shyte is getting so old.

I'm a United fan, what Giggs did was wrong and if someone I knew did it I probably would not talk to em anymore as I hate cheaters.

But I don't know Giggs or any of his family so couldn't care less.

Players should be judged by their actions on the pitch, simple as.

Edited by BigPodge - 16 Feb 2012 at 12:25pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 12:11pm
The only thing Giggs done wrong was get caught
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 1:02pm
Funny when you compare the first couple of pages of this thread to the last few
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 1:05pm

Dawg gets paid to win football matches. Dawg has won A LOT of football matches. Dawg dont get paid to bring up other peoples children and teach them right from wrong.

Ryan Giggs, Top Dawg Thumbs Up

Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 1:06pm
Anybody who f**ks his brothers wife is a scumbag . Football my hole . The measure of a man is how he treats those close to him and not how good he is kicking a leather ball around. Legend? He's a fookin weasel of the highest order thats what he is.

.. and the biased opinions based on whichever club you support or "side your on " sums up perfectly what is wrong with club football nowadays . Nobody is wrong . Just look at that circus last saturday . Ye just stick to the side your on and stay there. No such thing as morals anymore .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

In reality anyone who really cares who a footballer is sleeping with is no different to the type of idiot who reads now or watches The Only Way is Essex

Nail on the head right there.

Who gives a fook if a player sleeps wit his brother's/teammate's wife/girlfriend/mother/dog, I couldn't give a flying fook what a player gets upto in his private life (except the likes of assault/rape/murder obviously) as long as he does the business on the pitch.

This whole United/Liverpool "my cock is bigger than yours" shyte is getting so old.

I'm a United fan, what Giggs did was wrong and if someone I knew did it I probably would not talk to em anymore as I hate cheaters.

But I don't know Giggs or any of his family so couldn't care less.

Players should be judged by their actions on the pitch, simple as.

fully agree aswell, couldnt care what they do in their PRIVATE life. once they do the job on the pitch that is all that matters. didnt care about JT and bridge. Different about racism issue because that was on the pitch.

same goes for woodgate and bowyer, marlon king convicted of rape io think it was and now playing for birmingham, lee hughes kills a man and as soon as released joins notts county, andy carroll and joey barton couldnt care less
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Anybody who f**ks his brothers wife is a scumbag . Football my hole . The measure of a man is how he treats those close to him and not how good he is kicking a leather ball around. Legend? He's a fookin weasel of the highest order thats what he is.

.. and the biased opinions based on whichever club you support or "side your on " sums up perfectly what is wrong with club football nowadays . Nobody is wrong . Just look at that circus last saturday . Ye just stick to the side your on and stay there. No such thing as morals anymore .

packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 6:25pm
I cant believe the blinkered view of some on here, defending someone who sneekily shagged his brothers missus. Giggs has kids of his own dont he ? is he not a role model to them ?

great player - sh*te human being
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 6:52pm
Its awful funny looking back at the start of the thread. Lads saying he is a top pro, never in the headlines, well behaved
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Baldrick - u say you think money was behind it. Surely Ryan Giggs, the most decorated footballer of the modern era, a millionaire many times over, would rather throw his brother and sister-in-law a few quid, than have his image tarnished for the rest of his days. instead of being remembered as the 12 time champion, pfa player of the year, sports personality of the year and gentleman we all thought he was, his legacy in a lot of peoples eyes will be a sneaky rat that was riding his brothers wife.
cant agree with that view that this was all to sell a story

United fans trying to defend Giggs' off field antics Embarrassed

not defending what he did, i honestly dont care what he did/does in his private life

im defending his right to have a private life

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic