You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

O'Leary won't be happy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 5:06am

Thats a flawed logic wheelo. Are you saying a loyal customer does not have the right to complain or suggest ways a compnay can improve their customer service and that the only option for every customer is to take it or lump it and that governments do not have the right to introduce minimum requirements.  

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 5:21am
i disagree to a certain extent Neil - if it helps keep fares down then im all in favour. There is no way that as many people who travel to games could have done it without ryanair shaking up the air travel market here. also, their taxes are domiciled here and is a major employer in dublin, and contrary to popular belief, they have an excellent level of employee satisfaction.

i dont agree with the bully tactics they use with airports but like i said if printing a boarding pass before i fly at home saves me 45 minutes at dublin airport then i would use it anyway whether there is a cash saving or not
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 5:51am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Thats a flawed logic wheelo. Are you saying a loyal customer does not have the right to complain or suggest ways a compnay can improve their customer service and that the only option for every customer is to take it or lump it and that governments do not have the right to introduce minimum requirements.  

Customer service and ryanair? LOL

Look, with ryanair, what ye se is what ye get. If ye dont like them, dont fly with them!

If you're gona fly with them, have a bit of cop on - ie print boarding passes, weigh your case properly before going to airport,etc.

And you se all the extra add ons before you confirm the booking (and youve read the terms and conditions!), if ye still dont like when ye see, dont book the flight!

I always fly with them - and have yet to have a bad experience to write home about (fair enough, had 1 flight to liverpool delayed for about 10 hours, but that could happend with any airline - didnt expect anythign from them either for it, not even an apology, just got locked at my own expense in the airport Thumbs%20Up)

Edited by Wheelo - 16 Jan 2011 at 5:52am
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 6:02am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Customer service and ryanair? LOL

Look, with ryanair, what ye se is what ye get. If ye dont like them, dont fly with them!

If you're gona fly with them, have a bit of cop on - ie print boarding passes, weigh your case properly before going to airport,etc.

And you se all the extra add ons before you confirm the booking (and youve read the terms and conditions!), if ye still dont like when ye see, dont book the flight!

I always fly with them - and have yet to have a bad experience to write home about (fair enough, had 1 flight to liverpool delayed for about 10 hours, but that could happend with any airline - didnt expect anythign from them either for it, not even an apology, just got locked at my own expense in the airport Thumbs%20Up)

Ya I agree with all of that. No doubt if they had to start printing boarding passes in all their airports, they'd justify increasing their prices.

Glad to see this happen thoughClap
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 6:15am
Originally posted by Chipster Chipster wrote:

Good to see but I doubt it will have any repurcussions all the same. It's still in peoples interests to have printed their own boarding pass to avoid queues etc.

Aer Lingus have machines in the airport where you check in online. It takes about 1 minute and i've never seen any ques at them.

I use Ryanair a lot. I had to pay €40 for not having a boarding pass before and they are a disaster if anything goes wrong, but they have brought down the price of air travel an awful lot.

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 8:13am

there are minimum requirements is the plane safe to fly in ? and are the flying staff competent ? They can issue boarding cards as edible bicuits if they want the government shouldnt get involved. It smacks of it has annoyed somebody in influnce and they are trying to get even. Same with the compensation issue. Why should an airline who sold you a £20 ticket be obliged to put you up for the night and feed you if the flight gets cancelled for a reason beyond their control - do the trains ferries and buses do it, so why should the airlines ?

If the airline cancels the flight then by all means they are obliged to take care of you but if its feck all to do with them ie weather , air traffic controllers, airport authority its a bit much to expect them to take care of you .

Like most I will avoid flying with them if I can but I am glad they are there if only to keep the other airlines honest
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 1:18pm
The charge that pisses me off the most is the credit card booking fee, if youre booking return flights for 2 it's €20. Is it not just the one credit card transaction like, robbing ****s.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

The charge that pisses me off the most is the credit card booking fee, if youre booking return flights for 2 it's €20. Is it not just the one credit card transaction like, robbing ****s.

Yeah this bugs me as well, €5 per person per leg of journey is just sheer profiteering and abuse of the system.  
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Críostóir Óg Críostóir Óg wrote:

Repercussions elsewhere? Ryanair will threaten to pull out of Spain 

Not a chance
O Leary aint stupid he wouldnt cut his nose off to spite his face
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Yeah this bugs me as well, €5 per person per leg of journey is just sheer profiteering and abuse of the system.  
whats scandalous is that this charge is unavoidable - so surely should be included in the price you see initially?
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 2:07am

Just as bad are the computer terminals in airports, ridiculous rates to use and they charge a few quid to print one page out!
And are a nightmare to work.
Well done that lawyer.ClapClap
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 3:41am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

whats scandalous is that this charge is unavoidable - so surely should be included in the price you see initially?

Not so. If people could be bothered to go get a pre paid mastercard, they can avoid this charge.
@AntrimMan85
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:31am
Clap Well done to the Spanish judge!

Ryanair should not be allowed to charge for these 'services' as they are international obliged procedures for air travel. You simply have to check in. Fair play for a court to stand up to this as it's solely a profit generating ploy by Ryainair.

We could have a long and lenghty discussion about Ryanair and it's customer service, but simple fact is, you get what you pay for. No frills is no frills.

Low prices are never an excuse for poor customer service, but in any industry you'll find that when you pay the staff peanuts, the service and know-how is less.
The add-on charges they charge are mentioned and made very clear on their website. They might not seem very fair, but such is life.

Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:13am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Just as bad are the computer terminals in airports, ridiculous rates to use and they charge a few quid to print one page out!
And are a nightmare to work.
Well done that lawyer.ClapClap

Remeber for the Brazil game last year i used one of these printers at Dublin Airport. The printer uses that sh*t fax machine paper (Shiney stuff). I got to the boarding point and the girl told me to print out the boarding card on proper paper when i got to london as they'd probably refuse the fax paper on my return trip.

How stupid is that, the only reason id imagine people use the printer at the airport is to print boarding cards, and its not the right paper. Have they changed the paper since?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 9:58am
Have to back ryanair up on this one, by having this charge they can keep the price of flights down even more, and you clearly agree when booking the flight to check in online, which takes five minutes and in return you get a dirt cheap flight, if it weren't for ryanair i wouldnt have been able to travel half as much as i have and its these sorta charges that keep my fare down! Not my fault if other people forget to print it off so i shouldnt have to pay for it!and yes ryanair do pay for it by having to pay to rent check in desks, fair game i say, leave them at it

Edited by nvidic - 17 Jan 2011 at 9:59am
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 6:47am
Response from Ryanair:

Should this ruling not be reversed on appeal, then Ryanair will dispense with the boarding card reissue fee altogether, and passengers who arrive at the airport without the agreed pre-printed boarding card will not be able to pass through security or board their aircraft.

Source Ryanair Website

If its a choice of €40 to make up for my mistake or buy a new ticket I know which would be my choice.

I know nothing :-)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 6:56am

I don't really have a problem with the boarding pass re-issue fee. Yes its extortionate and clearly there to rip off. My main issues are the online check in fee and and the credit card booking fee. How they can list the check in online a sa seperate fee is beyond me, its not like you dont have to check in, its an unavoidable part of travelling so syurely should be included in the fare. The credit card fee is another scam, €5 per person per leg of journey, theres no justification.

greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 7:04am

I don't really have a problem with the boarding pass re-issue fee. Yes its extortionate and clearly there to rip off. My main issues are the online check in fee and and the credit card booking fee. How they can list the check in online a sa seperate fee is beyond me, its not like you dont have to check in, its an unavoidable part of travelling so syurely should be included in the fare. The credit card fee is another scam, €5 per person per leg of journey, theres no justification.

I agree totally but the reality is you see the exact fare before you pay for it, the fact it takes a few minutes to get that far in the process is a pain but noone has to use them.

In a way its like sales tax in the US, i hate the fact that you have to add the  6% or whatever rate in force to the price, in my opinion it should be like here where shop prices shown must include taxes.

I know nothing :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic