You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

O'Leary won't be happy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: O'Leary won't be happy
    Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 10:46am

A judge in Spain has ruled that Ryanair cannot charge passengers for failing to print out their own boarding cards.

A case was brought by a Spanish lawyer, Dan Miro, who was charged the standard Ryanair fee of €40 for failing to print his boarding card before a flight.

Judge Barbara Maria Cordoba of the Barcelona Commercial Court said in the ruling 'the normal practice over the years has been that the obligation to issue the boarding card has always fallen on the carrier.'

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 10:47am
Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
criostoir Óg View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 10:48am
Repercussions elsewhere? Ryanair will threaten to pull out of Spain 
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Críostóir Óg Críostóir Óg wrote:

Don't know about that, a huge amount of their business is in spain, numerous bases and a massive network of flights. And if they do I hope its not before the 25th May cos they're taking me on my summer holsLOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 10:52am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Don't know about that, a huge amount of their business is in spain, numerous bases and a massive network of flights. And if they do I hope its not before the 25th May cos they're taking me on my summer holsLOL
They'll still put the threat out in the public, they pulled out of Belfast over their restrictions, pain in the hole that Thumbs%20Down
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 10:57am

They'll still put the threat out in the public, they pulled out of Belfast over their restrictions, pain in the hole that Thumbs%20Down

They have pulled out of individual airports and indeed drastically cut flights at other because of rows with airport operators, but I think pulling out of a country the size of spain would be financial suicide and O'Leary knows that. It wouldn't stop them issuing the threat as you say thought.

O'Leary knows fine well that charging €40 quid for a boarding pass is ridiculous as is charging €6 to check in on-line. They are both essential parts of flying, not optional extras.

Edited by sham157 - 15 Jan 2011 at 10:57am
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 10:57am

Too right. Have to head for dublin for a decent flight anywhere now.
@AntrimMan85
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 10:59am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Too right. Have to head for dublin for a decent flight anywhere now.
Dead
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 11:02am
Delighted for them shower of ****s
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 11:05am

They have pulled out of individual airports and indeed drastically cut flights at other because of rows with airport operators, but I think pulling out of a country the size of spain would be financial suicide and O'Leary knows that. It wouldn't stop them issuing the threat as you say thought.

O'Leary knows fine well that charging €40 quid for a boarding pass is ridiculous as is charging €6 to check in on-line. They are both essential parts of flying, not optional extras.
I agree wholeheartedly that you can't justify a charge on checking in online and one for checking in at the airport, there isn't a third feckin option. I wish I could afford to fly with the better quality airlines all the time, could you imagine if we'd had to fly to yerevan with ryanair Dead
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 11:10am
Ryanair anywhere with a flightime over an hour is a pain. Like that would love to be able to fly with other airlines. I laway check aer Lingus and if its not too much more I opt for them.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 11:26am
I'm glad that this fraud has been challenged.
Although I use Ryanair a lot, this particular business of scalding people for €40 is outrageous given that almost every other airline does it for free.

I can understand that eliminating ground staff helps keep the fares down, but I can't for the life of me understand why they haven't got automated kiosks that can be used to print boarding passes like Aer Lingus.

I hadn't the cajones to spend money testing the waters after I couldn't print out boarding passes last summer due to a technical problem with their website. Whilst I had no problem exiting Dublin as they were a aware of the problem, I was caught for 2 x €40 to get back.
I wrote to Ryanair on my return but was advised that I had a weeks holiday to go and get the passes printed out and they weren't issuing any compensation.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 11:33am
Just as bad are the computer terminals in airports, ridiculous rates to use and they charge a few quid to print one page out!
Chipster View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 11:34am
Good to see but I doubt it will have any repurcussions all the same. It's still in peoples interests to have printed their own boarding pass to avoid queues etc.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 11:42am
got stung by this before, pain in the hole

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 11:52am
Great newsClap
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 12:48am

Ryanair anywhere with a flightime over an hour is a pain. Like that would love to be able to fly with other airlines. I laway check aer Lingus and if its not too much more I opt for them.

Can't stand Ryan air , I like many rather pay a few extra Euro and fly with Aer Lingus if I have the choice .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011 at 2:21am
Always enjoy reading about the battles between ryanair and customers/governments/airporte,etc - always entertaining!

But for those giving out f*ck about them, if ye dont like them, dont fly with them - simple.

You have a choice - can fly via somewhere with another airline (if ryanair are the only ones that go direct), or pay extra going with another airline.

Ye know what ye can expect from ryanair before ye book - if you know how to use them properly, they're the best and most affordable airline to fly with (and i love the fact the seats on the plane dont lie back - I go to lanzarote a fair bit and i must admit prefer flying with ryanair over aer lingus for that reason alone!)

I wouldnt have got to half the places ive been to without ryanair - like ive return trip to manchester for 42euro all in in a few weeks (my mate booked it a week later for 30e) - ye cant beat that!

Its idiots that usually get caught out using them - who end up paying 'penalties' which helps keep the price down for the rest of us that can use them properly LOL

Edited by Wheelo - 16 Jan 2011 at 2:23am
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic