FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spurs v United

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 7:13am
This is the way a thread like this should be. Heres hoping that that Mr. you're a gobsh*te, I'm embarrassed for you, I'd be mortified if I knew you, doesn't ruin it. Won't hold my breath though.
Sponsored Links

ScruffyR View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScruffyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 7:07am
if van der vaart doesnt go off injured i think spurs will win 2-0. And i think on current form united shouldnt be fearing bale but modric, who is on fire at the moment
"Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 7:03am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Bump

Where did the thread disappear to?

United conceded 1 goal in the champo league group stages and are top scorers in the league and are top of the league with games in hand- im struggling to see how people still think there isnt a stand out team this season
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 6:59am
Bump
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 6:21am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Ye sunday is looking like a cracking day of ball Merson said on ss website that he can only see a spurs win Probably a3-1 He is a clown that lad

Merson is a legend. Never afraid to give his honest opinion, which i often agree with. He's like the opposite of Jamie Rednapp who sits on the fence about everything.
he predicted United to lost a game of football, therefore he's a clown
Every other week he goes on about how uniteds run is gonna end this weekend and how arsenals invincibles were this unbelievable side and united have had a lot of luck- i seem to remember van nistelrooy hitting the crossbar from the spot against arsenal that year and pompey among others being robbed of beating arsenal by dodgy decisions If they were so good why didnt they win the european cup or the league a few years in a row? That sky ad where Henry said at the end of the 04 season yes we were invincible really annoys me- an invincible side would have won more than 1 trophy

United have rode their look a bit this season to be fair.
 I wouldn't pay attention to those Sky ads - it's all marketing sh!te.

Did united ride their luck when they were 2-0 up against west brom Or maybe they rode their luck when they missed a peno to go 3-1 up at fulham Do you honestly think united being unbeaten this season has come down to luck?
When did i say it has soley been down to luck? Confused
They're in a great position but they haven't been playing as well as they can. FFS one of the chants in a pub after a match was "top 'o the league, and we're sh!te, top o the league, and we're sh!te".
They'd had more dodgy performances than solid ones but are in a great position to kick on.

Well if it was chanted in a pub well then it must be true No team plays great football every game during a 38 game season
Nothing like that is black and white. But it's a clear indication that a lot of the fans accept the team are not playing as well as they can, or have played in previous seasons. If you don't want to accept it, that's up to you.

Edited by trapped - 14 Jan 2011 at 7:00am
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 6:11am

Ye sunday is looking like a cracking day of ball Merson said on ss website that he can only see a spurs win Probably a3-1 He is a clown that lad

Merson is a legend. Never afraid to give his honest opinion, which i often agree with. He's like the opposite of Jamie Rednapp who sits on the fence about everything.
Every other week he goes on about how uniteds run is gonna end this weekend and how arsenals invincibles were this unbelievable side and united have had a lot of luck- i seem to remember van nistelrooy hitting the crossbar from the spot against arsenal that year and pompey among others being robbed of beating arsenal by dodgy decisions If they were so good why didnt they win the european cup or the league a few years in a row? That sky ad where Henry said at the end of the 04 season yes we were invincible really annoys me- an invincible side would have won more than 1 trophy

Did united ride their luck when they were 2-0 up against west brom Or maybe they rode their luck when they missed a peno to go 3-1 up at fulham Do you honestly think united being unbeaten this season has come down to luck?

They're in a great position but they haven't been playing as well as they can. FFS one of the chants in a pub after a match was "top 'o the league, and we're sh!te, top o the league, and we're sh!te".

They'd had more dodgy performances than solid ones but are in a great position to kick on.

Well if it was chanted in a pub well then it must be true

No team plays great football every game during a 38 game season
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 6:10am
Im certainly not saying spurs aint gonna win on sunday all im saying is to suggest that someone cant see anything other than spurs winning is ludicrous

Thats exactly what im saying baggio- every team gets good and bad luck- for merson to suggest that pure luck has led to uniteds unbeaten run is absurd

Were united lucky when vds dropped an absolute clanger to gift west brom a draw in old trafford?

And i will admit that at the wolves game i went to united had loads of injuries and were probably second best that day but dug in and got the winner- thats not luck- thats just a winning mentality- something merson would know f.a about
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 6:06am

Did united ride their luck when they were 2-0 up against west brom
Or maybe they rode their luck when they missed a peno to go 3-1 up at fulham
Do you honestly think united being unbeaten this season has come down to luck?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 6:05am

Ye sunday is looking like a cracking day of ball Merson said on ss website that he can only see a spurs win Probably a 3-1 He is a clown that lad

Every other week he goes on about how uniteds run is gonna end this weekend and how arsenals invincibles were this unbelievable side and united have had a lot of luck- i seem to remember van nistelrooy hitting the crossbar from the spot against arsenal that year and pompey among others being robbed of beating arsenal by dodgy decisions

If they were so good why didnt they win the european cup or the league a few years in a row? That sky ad where Henry said at the end of the 04 season yes we were invincible really annoys me- an invincible side would have won more than 1 trophy

ah come on now, you know yourself every club gets one or two lucky decisions in a season, and has to ride their luck

is Bale definitely fit for Sunday? he came off injured against Everton last week
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 6:04am

Spurs never beat Utd.

Obvioysly Bale and VDV are Spurs main thread - who will Fergie get to mark them?

I think this one is the toss of a coin looks very even

Rafael will mark bale and vdv will probably get picked up by a midfielder or possibly rio

Could you honestly say that you couldnt see anything but a spurs win

Why would Spurs suddenly beat Utd?
Personally I dont believe Utd have been playing well - however they are not playing well and picking up the results.
Utd will have to get out of 2nd gear if they are to beat Spurs.

Should be a good game - hopefully there are no controversial refereeing decisions to spoil the game.

I'm hoping for a Spurs win myself.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 5:58am

Did united ride their luck when they were 2-0 up against west brom

Or maybe they rode their luck when they missed a peno to go 3-1 up at fulham

Do you honestly think united being unbeaten this season has come down to luck?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 5:57am

Spurs never beat Utd.

Obvioysly Bale and VDV are Spurs main thread - who will Fergie get to mark them?

I think this one is the toss of a coin looks very even

Rafael will mark bale and vdv will probably get picked up by a midfielder or possibly rio

Could you honestly say that you couldnt see anything but a spurs win
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 5:57am

Every other week he goes on about how uniteds run is gonna end this weekend and how arsenals invincibles were this unbelievable side and united have had a lot of luck- i seem to remember van nistelrooy hitting the crossbar from the spot against arsenal that year and pompey among others being robbed of beating arsenal by dodgy decisions
If they were so good why didnt they win the european cup or the league a few years in a row? That sky ad where Henry said at the end of the 04 season yes we were invincible really annoys me- an invincible side would have won more than 1 trophy

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 5:54am
Spurs never beat Utd.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 5:52am

Ye sunday is looking like a cracking day of ball Merson said on ss website that he can only see a spurs win Probably a 3-1 He is a clown that lad

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 5:45am

Ye sunday is looking like a cracking day of ball

Merson said on ss website that he can only see a spurs win Probably a 3-1

He is a clown that lad

Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 5:44am

Ye sunday is looking like a cracking day of ball

Merson said on ss website that he can only see a spurs win Probably a 3-1

He is a clown that lad
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 5:42am
Originally posted by greenarmy greenarmy wrote:

Should be a good game. Some day of football on Sunday

2-0 Utd

Nani & Vidic Thumbs%20Up 
I hope you're right - both on my Fantasy team!

Bad feeling about this one. Spurs are overdue a result against United. Draw wouldn't be the worse result but they'll be out to win it no doubt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic