You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Savage Eye

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Savage Eye
    Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 9:43am
second series started on Monday, funny and smart show a rarity in Ireland
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 9:44am
Great show - look forward to watching it
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 11:09am
I heard Monday's programme was very good. Must look out for it on the RTE player.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 2:51pm
i think its very funny too
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 3:39pm
 The best show Ireland has ever produced Cool
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 4:25pm
McAleese's husband with the bird cage on his head - genius
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

McAleese's husband with the bird cage on his head - genius

Is that not supposed to be Mary Robinson
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 4:42pm
Now that you mention, your prob rightEmbarrassed
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 5:09pm
Very hot or miss.
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 5:29pm
Haaha think McSavage is a hero. Love the bits with the priest and the screaming child
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 3:14am
Saw this repeated last night, terrific I thought.........very clever and extremely funny for the most part.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:02am
Originally posted by yapster yapster wrote:

Talk about hyperbole of the year. 

Strumpet City
Paths  to Freedom
and Father Ted although not done by RTE was an Irish made show.

Thats just for starters.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:10am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Strumpet City
Paths  to Freedom

Thats just for starters.

Never heard of 'Strumpet City', but if you're classing it in the same terms as those two genius shows then I'm interested!

This is on tonight I take it? Might throw it on serieslink. McSavage can be a bit hit and miss alright, but well worth a watch.
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:01am

Very funny show, really on the censorship edge though.

That bit about snatching the kid on the Luas was fookin weird, surprised they were allowed to show it, aswell as the 6yrs smashed on heroin!!...mental

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:07am
Never forget the night I saw him in the International and a joke of his that contained suicide was commented upon but an audience member in the front row. McSavage challenged the guy in the front row and the guy revealed that his brother had committed suicide.  Mc Savage did not bat an eyelid and challenged him further and it was a very interesting and uncomfortable for many in the audience that night.

Still have not made up my mind  on who was at fault there.
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Strumpet City
Paths  to Freedom

Thats just for starters.

Never heard of 'Strumpet City', but if you're classing it in the same terms as those two genius shows then I'm interested!

This is on tonight I take it? Might throw it on serieslink. McSavage can be a bit hit and miss alright, but well worth a watch.

Strumpet City was absolute class, I rememeber watching it as a kid and loving it, was looking for the DVD for ages and finally found it a couple of years ago. It's still class, even my bird who is Engilsh and doesn't really understand the backround (Larkin, Connolly, the Lockout etc) loved it.

It's well worth picking up the DVD as for some reason RTE have not repeated it since the 1980s.

The book is worth a read too.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:14am
The reason they have not repeated it is because at the time the actors and producers etc drew up a contract that they got paid a decent amount of money any time it is shown again.  As a result it would not pay RTE to air it again. 
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:31am
I thought it might be something to do with repeat payments. Maybe when Peter O'Toole, Bryan Murray and David Kelly die they'll show it again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic