Kenny Dalglish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 7:20am
With Kenny bringing in Clarke is also a positive step -

Liverpool are pretty much at rock bottom - we are losing games that we should be winning.
All Kenny needs to do is play players in the correct position. Play Glen J in right mid and Kelly right back.

I predict a top 7 finish.

Only time will tell..
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 6:51am
I dont really believe this ''has beeen out of the game too long'' stuff. Football is football at the end of the day. Proper fundamental knowledge of the game is what matters and what keys are necessary for success. That knowledge lasts a lifetime.  You dont lose that unless you go senile.  Now, the attitude of Liverpools players might be a different matter. Players are a diffrent breed nowadays. Most of them are greedy children.  If he is to fail it will be them who have let him down. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 6:38am
Torres was born in '84, lets be realistic about this, he was 4 for Euro '88 so probably too young to really admire Van Basten. He was 6 for world cup '90. He would have at least looked up to Butragueno. Or anyone who was a star at Italia 90 like Schillachi, Matthaus or Michel.
He said it in his book though so it must be true!
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 6:15am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

I personally think things have gotten so bleak at liverpool that they are clinging to any feint hopes of a revival- whether that be a has been legend or something else- i think king kenny could get a serious wake up call about how tough managing a top club is in 2011- torres saying he idolised dalglish as a kid is bollocks aswel- what age was torres when dalglish retired from playing ffs what was torres idolising him from his mothers womb?

It's not I can confirm as I read this in his book.

Depending on how you look at it.

What as a Utd fan think he will do?

Where do you think he will finish come May?

He more than likely never seen him play in the flesh and i doubt they were showing too many liverpool games on spanish tv in the 80s
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 6:13am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

I personally think things have gotten so bleak at liverpool that they are clinging to any feint hopes of a revival- whether that be a has been legend or something else- i think king kenny could get a serious wake up call about how tough managing a top club is in 2011- torres saying he idolised dalglish as a kid is bollocks aswel- what age was torres when dalglish retired from playing ffs what was torres idolising him from his mothers womb?

It's not I can confirm as I read this in his book.
Depending on how you look at it.
What as a Utd fan think he will do?
Where do you think he will finish come May?

seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 5:59am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

I wouldnt read too much into what Torres says about idolising Dalglish. Similar to when Robbie 'I've always been a fan of ''Insert New Club Here'' since i was a Boy ' Keane signs for a new team. These comments get wielded out just for the Fans.

Yeah, but it's the dopey Liverpool fans who actually believe it and use it as fact in a debate about their club. Most clubs only have a minority of fools but lately it's getting to worrying levels for Liverpool fans.
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 5:57am
I wouldnt read too much into what Torres says about idolising Dalglish. Similar to when Robbie 'I've always been a fan of ''Insert New Club Here'' since i was a Boy ' Keane signs for a new team. These comments get wielded out just for the Fans.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 5:53am
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 5:51am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

I think its a mistake and just a ploy by Henry to get the fans on his side. Why cant they appoint a manager now? or in the next month. Who are they waiting for in June, no one id imagine.

It is a ploy to get the fans on their side. I suspect Dalglish will win enough games to keep them all happy, but not enough for them to want him to stay on in the job. There'll be plenty of big name European managers who would want this job and be given a pre season to prepare.
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 5:48am
Funny Horsey seeing it as win-win! I guess that's the ever-so-positive attitude of Liverpool fans these days.  I mean, they really need to get a grip.  I actually think they're getting worse than Newcastle fans.  This week has been a disaster.

Horsey thinks it's win-win.  I genuinely see it as a lose-lose situation.

I mean this: Liverpool are better off doing poorly under Kenny!

Here's the scenario.  If Liverpool's results pick up now because the dressing-room's attitude changes and say they win 10 out of their last 18 games and pick up around 36points or something and ride their way in to about 8th in the league.  A good thing?  Hell no!

What will happen then?  We all know what will happen.  The Liverpool fans will laud King Kenny, they'll insist he gets a contract, the owner will give him a four-year deal and Liverpool will be riding in to their next generation with a manager who is so out of touch it's actually embarrassing that Liverpool fans want him in charge.  Where are the club gonna go from there?  

It needs to be proved without too much of a detremental affect on the club that Kenny is clearly not the answer and they need to ride it out until the summer before appointing a man who can bring this club forward.  

The last thing Liverpool want right now is rapid immediate improvement.  If they get that, and Kenny gets a big deal out of this, the future of the club looks much more bleak than it ever has!

Dalglish has never managed a millionaire in his life.  The Premiership player is not akin to a Premier League player in 1995!  The league couldn't be more different.  This guy is not cut out for what should be one of the biggest jobs in World Football!  Liverpool need a rebirth - they ned a man to come in and gut the football club, change their fortunes, bring them to a new era....and what's gonna happen?  They're turning to a guy who's best era was over 22 years ago.  

I can't get my head around it!  

Pool fans should pray that results don't emphatically improve in the short term, if they do, then long-term, this club is f**ked!
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 5:07am
I think its a mistake and just a ploy by Henry to get the fans on his side. Why cant they appoint a manager now? or in the next month. Who are they waiting for in June, no one id imagine.
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 4:22am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

He will automaticaly get the respect in the dressing room.

How will he automatically get respect? Carragher and Gerrard will love him obviously but the foreign players in the team don't give a sh*t about some guy that some of them weren't born the last time he was a manager.

I had this argument with a Liverpool supporting mate the other day, he was saying Torres said he idolised Dalglish growing up. When I pointed out that Torres was only 6 when Kenny left Liverpool and that Dalglish himself didn't play that much when he was player/manager. Also, throw in the fact that Sky Sports weren't around then and it would have been hard to see how a young Spanish lad had access to the old first division games, it just doesn't hold up to truth. Liverpool fans have started to live in a dream world really.

Liverpool fans and Carragher/Gerrard will obviously worship Dalglish but some of the crap you hear from them about him is ridiculous.

Put it this way, Jack Charlton is a legend in Ireland, but would you let him anywhere near our team now?!

have they got many 13 year olds in their squad?

Manager of Liverpool RB, 20 years.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 4:18am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

How will he automatically get respect? Carragher and Gerrard will love him obviously but the foreign players in the team don't give a sh*t about some guy that some of them weren't born the last time he was a manager.

I had this argument with a Liverpool supporting mate the other day, he was saying Torres said he idolised Dalglish growing up. When I pointed out that Torres was only 6 when Kenny left Liverpool and that Dalglish himself didn't play that much when he was player/manager. Also, throw in the fact that Sky Sports weren't around then and it would have been hard to see how a young Spanish lad had access to the old first division games, it just doesn't hold up to truth. Liverpool fans have started to live in a dream world really.

Liverpool fans and Carragher/Gerrard will obviously worship Dalglish but some of the crap you hear from them about him is ridiculous.

Put it this way, Jack Charlton is a legend in Ireland, but would you let him anywhere near our team now?!

have they got many 13 year olds in their squad?
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 4:13am

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 2:27am
I think it's a win win for Liverpool and Kenny.
He has the experience and he is a Liverpool legend.

Results are so bad at the minute that the only way is up.
If for some reason it does not work out for him well it was only temporary anyway!
It will also give LFC plenty of time to find the correct person for the job.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 12:42am
Wish him well. As for being out of touch, I don't know lads. It's not as if his head has been buried in the sand for all these years. He attends a huge amount of matches and knows his stuff. How you behave in a dressing room isn't going to change too much either. It will boil down to whether he still has it or not, and if he gets the job full time whether he will get the shillings to put his mark on the squad, something which Hodgson couldn't do. Like a lot of things time will tell.

As for the Hillsborough comment, this event had a serious effect on him and undoubtably cut short his tenure.  
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 7:07pm
+1

dont get it at all- he is out of touch with the modern game- 20 years is a lifetime in football
ChiefGooner View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChiefGooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 7:02pm

Would like to know peoples opinion on this man coming back to manage liverpool. My thought is that he's had his time & it would be like arsenal bringing back george graham. Asked a liverpool fan today why he wanted kenny back in charge for the foreseeable future & his answer was that he was there for hillsborough in '89...???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic