You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David Forde

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Locke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 12:11pm
@d13dave
The gifting of 3 points to Sweden at at critical point of a qualifing campaign is clanger enough in my book...very suspect keeper.

Sponsored Links

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 12:33pm
Agreed. I'm never really 100% confident when I see his name down on the team sheet.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Locke Locke wrote:

@<SPAN id=userPro323 =msgSidePro title="View Drop Down" ="showDropDown'userPro323', 'proMenu323', 160, 0;">d13dave
</SPAN>The gifting of 3 points to Sweden at at critical point of a qualifing campaign is clanger enough in my book...very suspect keeper.

Gifting of 3 points to Sweden. FFS.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Thankfully with the signing of hooiveld has brought some stability. 

Words I thought I would never see
(function () { return window.SIG_EXT = {}; })()

been rock solid in his first two games haha. disaster at the celts alright. part of braga gate wasn't he?

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 3:06pm
It was consistent, he came with a big reputation and never lived up to it. Responsible for over a thousand heart attacks in the Calton, although nobody noticed the mild fluctuation
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 3:09pm
Guzan was poor on Sunday I felt.  If Shay gets back in for Villa i'd put him in.  The USA game showed he is still our best keeper I feel.  I like Westwood but he doesn't always inspire confidence.  Henderson deserves a friendly and like 3 of our other 4 keepers is a Championship player so on the same level as them. 
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 6:18am

David Forde is staring into the abyss of relegation with Millwall, but he has his inner sights set high on the astral plane via regular meditation practice.

In between those levels of consciousness is the down to earth, everyday life of a professional footballer still striving for improvement and higher standards as the last line of defence with his club and country.

The 35-year-old Galway native is, no doubt, going to be verbally slaughtered by his Ireland team- mates now that he has revealed his interest in Vedanta.

It sounds high-falutin', but Forde is unequivocal about the benefits offered by this ancient Hindu philosophy.

The player spoke yesterday after Irish training in Malahide about the renewed self-confidence he has gained through dedicating himself to football after an early career hiatus.

"I do a lot of meditation and study of Vedanta - things like that. I'll let you look that up! It's just about learning a means to an end; what you can do to help yourself really," he says.

"I've had some help with that, so it's been vital for me over the last few years."

Former England and Liverpool goalkeeper David James knew Forde in the old days, and has spoken admiringly of his ability - he predicted last summer that he can still play in the Premier League.

James said: "David was one of my understudies at West Ham a decade or so ago. He was good. Coming back to Ireland (Forde played for Derry City from 2004-06) kind of straightened him out.

"I spoke to him briefly a couple of years ago, after he had come back to England, and he seemed to be a more mature man than the young cheeky lad he was 10 years ago."

To the casual observer, this might appear to be a fraught week for Forde, but the reality is more in line with James' assessment.

On Saturday Millwall blew a 2-0 lead to allow Brentford a share of the precious Championship points on offer.

On Monday, Shay Given came out strong and assertive in saying he wants the No 1 Irish jersey back for Sunday's crunch clash against Poland.

But yesterday, Forde was calm, confident, and dare I say, philosophical about all the challenges.

His former team-mate Neil Harris, appointed as Millwall's interim manager following the departure of Ian Holloway, has praised Forde for his level of performance.

And while Martin O'Neill has spoken of the tough choices he has to make regarding the goalkeeping slot, Forde has to hope that the Ireland manager will accept that possession is nine-tenths of the law and pick him for the Poland game.

"That's his (O'Neill's) prerogative. That's his decision. That's what he gets paid for. All I can do is what I do on the pitch," says Forde.

"I'm quite relaxed. I just want to see us win games and qualify."

The key for any player, particularly a goalkeeper, is confidence, and in that respect, the Galwegian is in a good place because he has worked hard on and off the pitch on self-development.

"It's certainly the case for me that in the last couple of years it's the best I've felt. It's the best shape and condition I've been in mentally and physically," he says.

Handling

"I suppose the mental aspect has been my strength over the last couple of years, in terms of handling these occasions.

"I still have big dreams. I want to qualify for the Euros with Ireland. And another big dream of mine is playing in the Premier League and, to a certain extent, playing in these international games is like playing in the Premier League."

Age need be no barrier in that respect. James reckoned he had some of his best years from the age of 36 onwards; on Saturday 38-year-old Kelvin Davies, who had not played a first team game for a year, came on for Southampton after Fraser Forster got injured and helped them to victory over Burnley.

Forde's club priority is to help Millwall stay out of League One, but this week is all about the international commitment against the Poles.

He has played twice against them, keeping a clean sheet in the friendlies in February 2013 in Dublin (2-0 win) and in Poznan in November 2013 (0-0).

"Hopefully that stands us in good stead and sets a trend," said Forde.

Meditate on that, Martin O'Neill!

Irish Independent

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 10:32am
Forde deserves his start on Sunday. Never let Ireland down anytime he's played. In fantastic form for us. Thumbs Up

Edited by ShamtheRam - 25 Mar 2015 at 10:33am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 11:16am
Has to be Forde he has taken his chance
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 5:54am

David Forde is set to continue as first-choice goalkeeper for the Republic of Ireland in Sunday’s Euro Championship qualifier against Poland in Dublin.

Despite Shay Given’s eagerness to return to the frontline again, Ireland manager Martin O’Neill is reluctant to jettison Forde at this critical stage of the qualifiers.

The Millwall shotstopper has been rock solid since O’Neill took charge and has also kept two clean sheets against Poland in previous games.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3013935/Martin-O-Neill-set-stick-David-Forde-goal-despite-Shay-Given-s-eagerness-return-Ireland-s-qualifier-against-Poland.html#ixzz3VYwPxkyo
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 8:19am
Can't argue really
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 11:15am
yup... dont tinker with whats not broken
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 11:19am

Yep, can always find a place for Nadia on the sheet.....

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
winner alright View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winner alright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 5:25pm
Forde is the best keeper we have, has made some very crucial saves. He also has to deal with a dodgy back four but he seems unflappable despite that. Given may have the experience but he was on the wane since 2010 & to chance him now would be suicide.
IrishBhoy7 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishBhoy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by winner alright winner alright wrote:

Forde is the best keeper we have, has made some very crucial saves. He also has to deal with a dodgy back four but he seems unflappable despite that. Given may have the experience but he was on the wane since 2010 & to chance him now would be suicide.

And why not Westwood?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 12:53pm
Dropped by Millwall today, according to Neil O'Riordan on twitter (Neil normally 100% reliable)

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 1:38pm
he has had a terrible start to the season.

now 3rd choice maybe 4th

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 1:48pm
Should be the end for him re Ireland tbh
The only way is up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
  Share Topic