Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David Forde

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 10:46pm
Proved a lot of doubters wrong tonight. Hopefully he builds on his great performance tonight.
Sponsored Links

The Lucky Lepre View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lucky Lepre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 11:20pm
I thought he had a brilliant game tonight and i hope he can build on his clean sheets Clap
Drummerboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 11:22pm
Have to say, he really surprised me. Well done David, keep it up.
Johnner View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 11:23pm
He had a great game . Well done
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 11:32pm
Delighted to be proved wrong, I thought he was excellent tonight. One thing that did strike me was that Sweden chased down every single backpass that went back to him. Hope others don't identify it as much
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
delidamo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delidamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 11:39pm
Delighted for Forde, must have thought he'd never be Ireland's number 1 with Westwood & Given ahead of him in the past.

Made some fine saves and some really good claims from crosses/corners that makes such a difference to his defence both in terms of relieving pressure and instilling the confidence of his back four in his as a keeper (if that makes sense).

Negatives - still seems somewhat suspect from backpasses & came for one cross he was never going to get and on another night we might have conceded from that error in judgement.

Overall though, really impressed and justified his selection!!
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 11:46pm
Loved his reaction at full time too. Obviously means the world to him.
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 12:02am
Delighted for him and all the players tonight.He was a stand out but though they all played well .Best Irish performance i've seen in a while ( maybe since Paris) I was so cynical beforehand,great to see them play the ball on the ground and try to keep a bit of possession.

Forde is a bit dodge on back passes,its not a secret but i think he only had one bad one tonight.Great for a man making his competitive debut at 33,you could see it meant a lot to him.
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 10:17am
well done forde, Clap
                       I've seen it so many times on here with criticism for the likes of Long when he was breaking through. People are very quick to sl*g off new selections. 
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Long Shot View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Long Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 10:19am
Fair play to David Forde, am delighted for him he had a solid game
Westwood now knows he is replaceible and will drive for a summer move away from Sunderland.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 10:25am
nice to see a goalie actually catch a ball under pressure from corners. he saved us in the last minute and didnt drop his concentration
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
JamesyIrishGuy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesyIrishGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 10:28am
Great piece by Paul Rowan of The Sunday Times from the 17th of March last - 

Edited by JamesyIrishGuy - 23 Mar 2013 at 10:28am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 10:31am
fair play for posting that jamesy

for all the bad press millwall get, they've always been good for irish players and id say they ve great time for keogh and forde
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 10:55am
Fordey was terrible last year and lost his place to maik taylor who must be what 80 now

This season he has knuckled down and played really well. He has improved massively and has been key to millwalls cup run.

Spoke to him at a pre season friendly a few years back and he said it would be a a dream come true to be in the irish set up never mind be first choice. Lets remember the fella is pretty much a journeyman.

Delighted he kept a clean sheet last night and you could see what it meant at the end. Trap got it right selecting him. A year without meaningful football is too long for westwood to just waltz into our starting 11. Look what happened last time when we started a keeper who was injured and not match fit/sharp

Every millwall player who gives 110pct is well received at the den. Sadlier and robbie ryan are still well thought of and can be seen at some games today
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 11:01am
definitely the right choice last night. westwood chose to go to the SOL, and has sat on the bench pretty much siNce. That is absolutely no use to a goalie week in week out, and no good to us. At lease Forde is playing, keeping his game up. Best of luck to him 

westwood, get off your backside, get a loan or something out of SOL to get your career back on track

Edited by packiesglove - 23 Mar 2013 at 11:01am
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 11:18am
Great reaction from Forde after the game and good to see.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 12:10pm
Fair play Big man , was worried about him all week but he had a great game last night
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Delighted to be proved wrong, I thought he was excellent tonight. One thing that did strike me was that Sweden chased down every single backpass that went back to him. Hope others don't identify it as much
Was hardly surprising given the way he miskicked a few in the Poland game. You were not alone in worrying about this aspect of his game, even if as a shop stopper, he appeared to be just fine.
He made a couple of errors last night in not claiming a few balls in and around the 6 yard area, but what I did like was his command of the area against corners. 

Remarkable journey for the player. Hope he keeps it up!

Edited by Stoked Up - 23 Mar 2013 at 12:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 21>
  Share Topic