You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Australia and all them weird places

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 5:25am
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Originally posted by dotts101 dotts101 wrote:

All down to the fact that australia has a country is still quite young

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth....

Thousands of years later the empire sent forth it's subjects and they created a whole raft of new countries in the east, west, north and south....

The Empire Strikes Back
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I have met only about 5 australian people in my life. But I will say that I haven't liked one of them yet. 

As each one is 'in your head' it is not unsurprising that you dislike them
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 11:02am
I am just repeating what was told to me by some aussies regarding the indigenous population. @superdave sorry for the grammar😡.

The aussie attitude being that the indigenous have received their apology for the past and have been heavily compensated for that also( not condoning money as a compensation for rape and everything else they suffered). They are given modern accommodation to which they strip out and destroy. Jobwise their if an indigenous person applies for a job they to be given preferential treatment in the application process, obviously depending on the level of the job(again word for wordnit may not be correct but is there or thereabouts). In my experience over there of the indigenous that i seen first hand predominatly in kingscross, cairns and darwin they are all off their rockers
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 11:27am
I have no experience of the aborigine people but from speaking with lads who were in Oz working on housing projects etc the one thing they did say was that they don't do themselves any favours and that alcoholism is rife amongst the aboriginal people.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 11:45am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I have no experience of the aborigine people but from speaking with lads who were in Oz working on housing projects etc the one thing they did say was that they don't do themselves any favours and that alcoholism is rife amongst the aboriginal people.

I have heard the same about alcoholism but then I would hardly class that as them not doing themselves any favours. 
Razor1890 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razor1890 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 12:10pm
http://www.theguardian.com/s/2015/jul/30/adam-goodes-should-apologise-says-mother-of-girl-who-called-him-an-ape - http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jul/30/adam-goodes-should-apologise-says-mother-of-girl-who-called-him-an-ape
You had me at “She’d only turned 13 five days beforehand. She was technically still 12", Jesus wept.
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

a lot of aussies and others say the same about the Irish.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 12:44pm
Yes the indigenous population have serious social issues that can make them undesirable to the mainstream white community. It's hardly amazing that a proud tribal people who had their homeland stolen, were victims of ethnic cleansing and were terrorized in unimaginable ways - all in the relatively recent past - are now struggling to be upstanding members of what the colonisers imagine to be polite society.

They have substance abuse issues as alcohol the same as most marginalised communities across the globe do. You treat a group of people as worthless and lower class citizens and see the damage that it does to their psyche

We, ourselves, were regarded as scum by some in the international community and only really started shaking off some of our insecurities in the late 80's. And the English treated us like f**king royalty in comparison to the sh1te dished out to the Aborigines.

The reality is that is a poxy state of affairs and there is no quick fix. The settlers caused this mess and the levels of inherent racism in Oz is absolutely disgusting. 

El Puto Amo
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:01pm
Strewth mate wad a load of cobblers, yah liberal Irish drunken bastard, when don't yah get the boat if yah don't like it here.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:07pm
when you read about other marginalised groups you really have to admire the tinkers and how industrious they are being able to afford big houses in places like Rathkeale, driving brand new 4x4's, lavish weddings and annual pilgrimages to Memphis Big smile
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:44pm
Some people here should have a look at John Pilger's "Utopia" documentary. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:46pm
There really isn't much difference between Australia Day and the 12th of July when you think about it.

That's a serious point, by the way. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:53pm
Thought about it Sid, came up with 7 months.......
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Thought about it Sid, came up with 7 months.......
Five and a half actually but let's not split hairs over it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic