You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Australia and all them weird places

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Australia and all them weird places
    Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 12:50pm
How come a load of yis here are going over to thailand and Australia?

Wanna hear a good wan?
2 of my mates had a big going away party in Late November coz they were going to Australia for a year. They came back before Christmas (after 3 weeks) coz they didnt like itLOLEmbarrassedLOL

Edited by Trap junior - 05 Jan 2011 at 12:51pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 12:52pm
Recession trap.

Loads of people are sick of whats going on here and heading abroad for a change of life and to find work. Thats my take on it anyway.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 12:53pm
I will never leave this fair isle for more then a 2week period
ThrowInDelap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThrowInDelap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Wanna hear a good wan?
2 of my mates had a big going away party in Late November coz they were going to Australia for a year. They came back before Christmas (after 3 weeks) coz they didnt like itLOLEmbarrassedLOL

The tell tale sign, imo,  that a story or joke you're about to be told is definitely not going to be funny is when the person begins with this bolded line, or " I've a good/great one for ya".
If time's a drug, then Big Ben is a huge needle injecting it into the sky.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 12:59pm

Wanna hear a good wan?

Didn't like what?? The country? the people, none of it? Heard of this happening before, I think the only sensible solution is to revoke passports. Would not bode too well for those lads travelling in the future if they cant hack it in an English speaking country with great weather (Queensland aside), so they probably would have no need for passports anyway.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Wanna hear a good wan?

Didn't like what?? The country? the people, none of it? Heard of this happening before, I think the only sensible solution is to revoke passports. Would not bode too well for those lads travelling in the future if they cant hack it in an English speaking country with great weather (Queensland aside), so they probably would have no need for passports anyway.

Didnt like the country. LOLHavent had a chance to talk to them about it yet.

Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I will never leave this fair isle for more then a 2week period

+1
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 1:21pm
Maybe something happened one of them over there or something and they wanted out, you never know.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 1:32pm
Australia is better than Ireland in every possible way.

I'd love to hear what they didnt like about the place.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 1:42pm

Wanna hear a good wan?

You would really wonder at times......Didn't like the country. All 2.9 square million miles of it. Roughly translated, that probably means they didn't like their hostel/cheap hotel, and both pubs they went to were kips.

And SGB, dont be so quick rushing in to defend them, I think yer getting yer excuses ready earlyLOLLOL

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

It probably is if you look at all the physical tangible benefits, its definitely a country I would love to go to a few a few months, maybe even a year, but this island of ours in the North Atlantic is home and despite the weather, the corrupt politicians, the recession, our lack of confidence in ourselves as a Nation, I would rather live no where else. They probably were just homesick. I went to Chicago for 3 months, had an absolute blast, but I was delighted to come home

Edited by the_walls - 05 Jan 2011 at 1:44pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 1:45pm
Ah Walls, show me somebody homesick after 3 weeks and I'll show you somebody who hasn't been away from their Mammy for more than a long weekendLOL

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 1:50pm
trap junior, your mate isn't Neil McD by any chance?! sure he only left a few weeks back!
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

trap junior, your mate isn't Neil McD by any chance?! sure he only left a few weeks back!

Jaysus, Baldrick's not back is he Shocked Cry
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

haha. No. Theyre a couple. Went to brisbane and came straight homeLOL

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

It probably is if you look at all the physical tangible benefits, its definitely a country I would love to go to a few a few months, maybe even a year, but this island of ours in the North Atlantic is home and despite the weather, the corrupt politicians, the recession, our lack of confidence in ourselves as a Nation, I would rather live no where else. They probably were just homesick. I went to Chicago for 3 months, had an absolute blast, but I was delighted to come home

I went for the year and I was delighted when I came back.
Does'nt mean that you abandon ship with 48 weeks to go LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 2:24pm

Wanna hear a good wan?

You would really wonder at times......Didn't like the country. All 2.9 square million miles of it. Roughly translated, that probably means they didn't like their hostel/cheap hotel, and both pubs they went to were kips.

And SGB, dont be so quick rushing in to defend them, I think yer getting yer excuses ready earlyLOLLOL

Damn your onto me

But seriously tho I may hate it and come back I suppose its just down to the person. Unless I meet a big hunk that is
Sheikh Yerbouti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheikh Yerbouti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 3:27pm
In my experience, when you do the Oz thing, it takes about 3 months to settle into things. It is worth sticking it out if you find things tough at the start.

Far too much hassle to go all that way and come home after just a few weeks.
I’m technically Catholic, it’s the box you have to tick on the census form: 'Don’t believe in God, but I do still hate Rangers.' - Dara Ó Briain
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic