You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 744745746747748 786>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:34am
Word from the yard for Nanabad e/w in the 4:30 at Leopardstown
After drifting out to 8/1 though
Some people just deserve a slap
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Looks a right each way bet at 10/1! 4 places, will love the ground and a lot of these having their first run of the season. 

After Shanahans turn ran such a fantastic race we were very unlucky not to be collecting our full bet. It's thin margains between being very successful long term and just plodding along. Had he won, this thread would be way up. I'm going to stop once I've 100 points staked, analyse my bets and go again. Looking like it should be profitable at that point anyway. 

For the purposes of tracking my betting  thread I'm backing one today. Alcatraz in the 6.35. He's having his first turf run for richard o brien. He was desperately unlucky three runs back in dundalk when he lost about 8 lengths at the start and then was beaten a length when flying at the death. He had a little problem after his last run and has gotten over that and should be bang on for today. Look, I'd be very surprised if Richard O Brien can't get a win out of this fella off this mark in the near future and hopefully today will be the day. Without a doubt, Chris Hayes is the best jockey in the country at the moment and hopefully he can guide this fella to a win today. 

1 point each way. Alcatraz 11/1. 6.35 dundalk. 4 places Boyles. 

77 points staked 88.3 returned. 
Here we go again
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 4:05pm
Emmet Mullins horses are well backed today. Tornado Watch 5.50pm Tramore 12s to 3s, Sunday at Augasta 40s to 7/2 7.50pm Tramore. most bookies have a max bet of around €50 on these.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Fooking mule Angry
Should've known by the drift but it did get pushed back into 7's
Some people just deserve a slap
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Emmet Mullins horses are well backed today. Tornado Watch 5.50pm Tramore 12s to 3s, Sunday at Augasta 40s to 7/2 7.50pm Tramore. most bookies have a max bet of around €50 on these.
First one wins.....
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 11:13am
https://thehorseracingworld.wordpress.com/2018/04/15/tiger-roll-the-most-unlikely-grand-national-hero/
interesting read on the grand national winner. Has had some career from winning a triumph hurdle. Didn't know he was a son of Authorized

WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 5:06am

Most of the young lads wont have watched him but the toughest racehorse I ever saw, Giants Causeway just died... Won me a huge pot of money in 2000 at 8-1.. I had 10quid on LOL as a student..that was a small fortune.

Hell of a horse and the fooker never knew when he was beat!

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 10:30am
Alcatraz ran a great race the last night. Thought he had it won for us but just wouldn't go past them, finished in 3rd. 

I have an outsider tonight that's just as likely to finish stone last.
Mulzamm has been running in these colours since december 2016. In that time he's ran 8 races and gone from a mark of 98 to down to 47 in 8 runs. That's impressive and quite a testament to James Mccauleys training performance!!! 
Mulzamm has clearly had his problems since his last win in december 2015, where he absolutely pissed up from a mark of 93, destroying brave zolo in the process and that horse has gone on to win listed races and now runs off a mark of 111. I don't know what his problems have been but they must be resolvable as he's still running. Maybe he needs a change of scenery but I cannot leave him go unbacked at this price from such a lowly mark. Another poor run tonight and I hope this horse has a change of scenery and I will be following him again if this does happen. 

1 point each way mulzamm 50/1. 8 o clock dundalk.

79 points staked. 91.5 returned. 
Here we go again
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 10:37am
Hugh Taylor with 14/1 shot yesterday Examiner Clap
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 11:15am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Alcatraz ran a great race the last night. Thought he had it won for us but just wouldn't go past them, finished in 3rd. 

Mulzamm has been running in these colours since december 2016. In that time he's ran 8 races and gone from a mark of 98 to down to 47 in 8 runs. That's impressive and quite a testament to James Mccauleys training performance!!! 
Mulzamm has clearly had his problems since his last win in december 2015, where he absolutely pissed up from a mark of 93, destroying brave zolo in the process and that horse has gone on to win listed races and now runs off a mark of 111. I don't know what his problems have been but they must be resolvable as he's still running. Maybe he needs a change of scenery but I cannot leave him go unbacked at this price from such a lowly mark. Another poor run tonight and I hope this horse has a change of scenery and I will be following him again if this does happen. 

Jaysus that's some fall from grace for that horse  IM... 98 down to 47 ShockedShockedShocked 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 12:22pm

Seanie also can't be ignored in the race after this. 10/1 is too big for a formerly very high class animal who won a claimer very nicely last time out. Is clearly in great form, didn't get raised a pound for that win and is now running in a 45-70 handicap. New connections will be hoping he can repay them fairly quickly. 

2 points win Seanie 10/1 pp. 8.30 dundalk

81 points staked 91.5 returned. 
Here we go again
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 4:13pm
Independents Treble for Dudnalk - Zaofu, Seanie, & Its all a joke.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 1:01pm
Seanie ran very well into third last night and Mulzamm lead most of the way before fading. I really hope he gets his change of scenery because that horse surely has a lot to offer if given to a decent trainer. 

I'm backing two today across the water.

My first one is Spirit of Valor in the 3.00 in newmarket. The concern here is that he's a drifter and the market usually tells a story about Aidans horses. The concern is that he's not fully wound up for his first run of the season but he's travelling across and on ratings and on his last run with the favourite where he was just beaten into second. Over 6F I think he's too big and I'm willing to take a chance on him winning at the prices. 
1 point win spirit of valor 8/1. 3.00 Newmarket. (Won't be using this for this thread but PP doing money back all losers up-to a 10er if the favourite wins, might suit someone here.)

The second one is another irish raider but this time in chltenham. Her form is as good as anything in the race and she needs good ground, they've got it today. She's been running against some high class horses in her career and today seems like a great opportunity on a track that will suit her staying style and I think she'll excell over this distance. Is a strong stayer, has only ran over a distance longer than 3 miles once where beaten a neck into 2nd, there was 17 lengths back to the third. I can't see her running a bad race today and I really fancy her to at least place. 
2 points each way Thanks for Tea, 3.50 cheltenham. 9/1.

86 points staked. 91.5 returned. 

Edited by irish_major - 19 Apr 2018 at 1:42pm
Here we go again
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 3:03pm

Seanie ran very well into third last night and Mulzamm lead most of the way before fading. I really hope he gets his change of scenery because that horse surely has a lot to offer if given to a decent trainer. 

My first one is Spirit of Valor in the 3.00 in newmarket. The concern here is that he's a drifter and the market usually tells a story about Aidans horses. The concern is that he's not fully wound up for his first run of the season but he's travelling across and on ratings and on his last run with the favourite where he was just beaten into second. Over 6F I think he's too big and I'm willing to take a chance on him winning at the prices. 
1 point win spirit of valor 8/1. 3.00 Newmarket. (Won't be using this for this thread but PP doing money back all losers up-to a 10er if the favourite wins, might suit someone here.)

The second one is another irish raider but this time in chltenham. Her form is as good as anything in the race and she needs good ground, they've got it today. She's been running against some high class horses in her career and today seems like a great opportunity on a track that will suit her staying style and I think she'll excell over this distance. Is a strong stayer, has only ran over a distance longer than 3 miles once where beaten a neck into 2nd, there was 17 lengths back to the third. I can't see her running a bad race today and I really fancy her to at least place. 

Lets hope the 2nd tip does slightly better!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 19 Apr 2018 at 3:03pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Every single comment you've had on this thread has been negative. He was a big price at 8/1 as I pointed out, went off at 5/1, and ran as if he needed the run, as Aidans often do. Moore didn't try a yard, as also he can often do. 
I hope thanks for tea wins and I hope you lose your docket Thumbs Up
Here we go again
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 3:49pm

Every single comment you've had on this thread has been negative. He was a big price at 8/1 as I pointed out, went off at 5/1, and ran as if he needed the run, as Aidans often do. Moore didn't try a yard, as also he can often do. 
Yeah lose the docket write it out again that's not a big inconvenience for me tbh

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 19 Apr 2018 at 3:49pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 3:55pm

Yeah lose the docket write it out again that's not a big inconvenience for me tbh

You do know you don't have to follow his tips? Getting annoyed because they didn't win is pathetic.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 4:00pm

The 3.50 cancelled due to the heat in cheltenham. I've never heard of that before. Seems daft. 
Here we go again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 744745746747748 786>
  Share Topic